PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are people viewing TEN as a "meaningless" game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's understood that the possibility of a home game for the Conference Championship is the best possible scenario for the franchise, both for the team and the business. Even though the Pats had a tougherr time at home this year, I think the playoffs are different. Not only that, the possibility of avoiding the trip across to SD might look good

Best case scenario though it may be, it is a scenario that will not occur if the Patriots don't make it to the AFC championship . Winning the WC game at home and then beating either the Chargers or Ravens is the next step.

BB always preaches not worrying about anything other than the next game you have to win, and not fretting about what happens w/ the rest of the league, but rather getting your team in the position to play its best football.

And even if BB were going to get caught up in trying to engineer seeding matchups, why put much effort into preparing for the unlikely case that the Colts actually manage to win two playoff games. This is a team that's 2-4 down the stretch, whose run defense is actually getting worse, and whose offense has a history of underachieving in the postseason.

I wouldn't bet on them making it to the AFCCG.

We could get the best of both worlds. Rest alot of the starters after a quarter or 2, and win with the backups. It's not even close to out of the realm of possibility. Cassel is more than capable against a bad Titan's D. CJ will probably get a lot of time in this game, along with Childress and Thomas. Not really a bad scenario for the offense.

On defense we'll see Wright and Green on the line. Wright was a monster last week, and Green is Green. TBC will still see alot of playing time. Harrison will probably see alot of playing time to get his game legs back.

So even if we go the back-ups route, it's no automatic loss.

Like Nasty said, I don't think it's worth beating up the starters in order to secure a seed that will only matter IF the Colts can even make it to the Championship game, which is not likely. It would be a nice bonus, but we have to worry about winning the 1st game not the 3rd

Thisteam plays better on the road than at home anyway. In the unlikely event we play the Colts, I'd prefer it to be in Gillette, but I'll take them in Indy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots