PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

why are people ripping eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
bruno87 said:
you wrong NA Polin, Parcells was going to stay on as president with BB being head coach

Oh yeah, I remember now. Parcells was going to leave, and Bellichick was promised the HC job, with FULL CONTROL over personnel etc... then Parcells f**ked him by stepping down as coach and announcing he'd stay on as GM and overseeing personnel.

Bottom line? Parcells screwed Bellichick, and in that situation no loyalty is deserved or called for.

Digger44 said:
So not true, NEM rips everyone.

I think NEM finally came around to the dark side after the 2nd SB. :D

MoLewisrocks said:
Spoken more like a JETS troll in Patsfan drag. Apples and oranges. BB was serving 20 to life with an egomaniac who treated his employees like **** when Kraft parolled him. Eric was more like an Aussie kid who landed in a dream situation foster home in the good old US of A. Just 11 years ago.

Aussie? Eric's from Connecticut. (Half way between Boston and NYC. :rolleyes: )

But beyond that, I think the reason he's getting ripped is that he left after one year, a year that included a lot of growing pains. As someone else pointed out, NOBODY had hard feelings about RAC and Weis moving on, we all wished them well.

I am genuinely surprised he left...or I was until the $3 mil/year figure was bandied about. At Eric's age I guess he can pocket the cash, survive a disastrous baptism by fire in this job if need be, then take another assistant position and still be in his early 40s when he gets his next shot at the gold ring. In fact, Bradway and the salary cap do end up sinking the Jets it will help insulate the HC from blame.

He moved on. it was his decision and he needs to do what he thinks is best just like BB took the cleveland job when he was the youngest coach.. he was part of our 3 superbowl wins whatever capacity he served and we should just respect that and wish him good luck but not the jets.

Digger44 said:
LOL there is not a single person on this board who would give up making $500,000/yr for a 2mil/yr offer. Give me a break, who would wanna earn an extra 1.5 mil a year? nobody i know of.

Positively dumb analogy. First off, going from 750k a year to 2 million doesn't respresent that much of a lifestyle change. If he was making 50k and suddenly made 500k then I could see the simplistic, three-year old "more money" side of it. But the fact is, he could afford a $100,000 Mercedes before he got this job and he can afford it afterwards. So what? Got anything else besides money on your side of the argument?

Answer: No

bruno87 said:
Molewisrocks i am a true pats fans believe me, my family has had season tickets for ten years i dont root for any other team besides that pats. I just think some people on this board give pats fans a bad name with ripping anyone no longer associated with pats

And you're a moron. Nobody ripped Crennel or Weis. On the contrary, people were openly rooting for them to get the jobs they wanted because they PAID THEIR DUES IN FULL. Do you think Mangini has paid his dues?

SoonerPatriot said:
Positively dumb analogy. First off, going from 750k a year to 2 million doesn't respresent that much of a lifestyle change. If he was making 50k and suddenly made 500k then I could see the simplistic, three-year old "more money" side of it. But the fact is, he could afford a $100,000 Mercedes before he got this job and he can afford it afterwards. So what? Got anything else besides money on your side of the argument?

Answer: No
dude did you see the "LOL" b4 the post? take the thumb out of your butt.

Digger44 said:
dude did you see the "LOL" b4 the post? take the thumb out of your butt.

And the LOL means what? That you were laughing out loud before you wrote a dumb post?

I think the reason people are pissed is the series of events:

BB gave him his first job in the NFL in Cleveland I believe
BB brought him along to NE back in 96 as a personal assistant
BB brought him to the Jets
BB brought him back to the Pats
BB promoted him to DC when Romeo left.
After one year, he bolts.

Mike and the Mad-dog could only say that he's a smart guy and he must work hard to be on Parcells and BB's coaching staffs. That's all they could say positive at this point in time.

Last edited:
bruno87 said:
But they werent suddeningly ripping him as an awful coach, believe me i lived in NYC for 4 years for school, no one there suddeningly thought BB wasnt a good coach when he left

He's probably a good DC right now.

But is he ready to take on a HC job in a place that is in such shambles? NO.

We are football fans. We can rip on anybody we want to. Seems perfectly logical to me that we would rip on the HC of the NYJ.

Wittle Eric has 2 million pats on the head a year from Woody Johnson to comfort him if the ripping hurts his wittle feelings.

Can't blame the dude for taking the big bucks but...he's a non-entity to me now...almost like he never existed.

MDPATSFAN said:
Can't blame the dude for taking the big bucks but...he's a non-entity to me now...almost like he never existed.

OK, but how can a guy be a non-entity when he coaches against your team twice a year?

I just took a glance at JetsInsider.com and one of their posters thinks that Mangini will eventually be better than BB since has a better personality.

How could we have been so shortsighted!!???

We should have fired BB and promoted Mangini!

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108325

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back