PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

why are people ripping eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruno87

Rookie
Reaction score
It pisses me off that some people are ripping EM for taking the Jets job. Charle Weis and Romeo are evidence that it can be hard to get a head coaching job. Some of peoplethat were saying EM is a good coach a few weeks ago are now ripping him. Give the guy credit, it may not show sometimes but the JETS front office has better football knowledge then us. We dont know what goes on the sidelines. So good luck eric, hopefully this turns into a great rivliary

bruno87 said:
It pisses me off that some people are ripping EM for taking the Jets job. Charle Weis and Romeo are evidence that it can be hard to get a head coaching job. Some of peoplethat were saying EM is a good coach a few weeks ago are now ripping him. Give the guy credit, it may not show sometimes but the JETS front office has better football knowledge then us. We dont know what goes on the sidelines. So good luck eric, hopefully this turns into a great rivliary

Duh, because he had a fully healthy defense filled with billion dollar probowlers at each position all year long and he still stunk it up.

please tell me that you are F$#^ing kidding me with that post digger44

bruno87 said:
please tell me that you are F$#^ing kidding me with that post digger44

well read the rest or the board, it is what they would have you believe.

lack of loyalty???????? believe me i bled patriots but that is crock?? Is that the same type of lack of loyalty that BB gave the Tuna in NY when he left?????? Give me a break, some you guys have turned into yahoos from all the success that the pats have had

bruno87 said:
lack of loyalty???????? believe me i bled patriots but that is crock?? Is that the same type of lack of loyalty that BB gave the Tuna in NY when he left?????? Give me a break, some you guys have turned into yahoos from all the success that the pats have had

Didn't the Tuna leave New York BEFORE BB did? Or am I disremembering it?

Yeah, this is ridiculous. The man made an excellent career move. An extra 2 million dollars (a year, with that money basically guaranteed, making it about 8 million) is something any of you would have taken in a heartbeat. Head coaching opportunities don't come along that often, so he was smart to take it. I wish him all the luck in the world.

Last edited:
you wrong NA Polin, Parcells was going to stay on as president with BB being head coach

bruno87 said:
lack of loyalty???????? believe me i bled patriots but that is crock?? Is that the same type of lack of loyalty that BB gave the Tuna in NY when he left??????

And Jets fans were rightfully mad as hell at BB for jumping ship. You didn't hear anyone from New Jersey saying, "You've been such a great assistant here, now go do a heck of a job in New England!"

primetime said:
Yeah, this is ridiculous. The man made an excellent career move. An extra 2 million dollars (a year, with that money basically guaranteed, making it about 8 million) is something any of you would have taken in a heartbeat. Head coaching opportunities don't come along that often, so he was smart to take it. I wish him all the luck in the world.

LOL there is not a single person on this board who would give up making $500,000/yr for a 2mil/yr offer. Give me a break, who would wanna earn an extra 1.5 mil a year? nobody i know of.

I don't blame him for taking the job. Now, the Jets offering it - that's a different story.

But they werent suddeningly ripping him as an awful coach, believe me i lived in NYC for 4 years for school, no one there suddeningly thought BB wasnt a good coach when he left

bruno87 said:

bruno87 said:
It pisses me off that some people are ripping EM for taking the Jets job. ... it may not show sometimes but the JETS front office has better football knowledge then us.

Spoken more like a JETS troll in Patsfan drag. Apples and oranges. BB was serving 20 to life with an egomaniac who treated his employees like **** when Kraft parolled him. Eric was more like an Aussie kid who landed in a dream situation foster home in the good old US of A. Just 11 years ago.

And as for the JETS FO comments

:rofl:

Belichickgirl, what about the patriots offering BB the job the DAY after he got the NYJ job?? believe me it was a great move by the pats but that is a little bit bigger then taking a teams DC away

bruno87 said:
But they werent suddeningly ripping him as an awful coach, believe me i lived in NYC for 4 years for school, no one there suddeningly thought BB wasnt a good coach when he left
Well Belichick had a lot, that's a LOT more on his resume when he left the jesters than Mangini has now. That's not to say Mangini won't do well but let's get serious, he's basically a virgin right now.

Molewisrocks i am a true pats fans believe me, my family has had season tickets for ten years i dont root for any other team besides that pats. I just think some people on this board give pats fans a bad name with ripping anyone no longer associated with pats

bruno87 said:
I just think some people on this board give pats fans a bad name with ripping anyone no longer associated with pats

No one ripped Weis, RAC, or Ryan for leaving...

If someone backed a truckload of money up to my house, I'd probably do the same thing. But... this *can't* be a wise decision for the Jets. I know, "Jets" and "wise decision" shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

How many games do you predict the Jets winning next season? Providing they have a healthy QB. My guess is 3 to 5.

Seymour93 said:
No one ripped Weis, RAC, or Ryan for leaving...

So not true, NEM rips everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing