PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are Chargers fans rooting for the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charger fan here. I know I can't speak for everyone (charger fans), however, my reasons for rooting for the Pats are as follows:

1) Complete & utter disdain for Eli
2) Want Seau to get his ring - even though it will be as a Patriot, seriously, nobody deserves it more.
3) If Pats win, I can find some comfort in the fact we lost the AFCCG to the best team.
4) Seeing history be made at 19-0, even though it's not my team, is still pretty cool and something I may never experience again.

&

5) Media. I am so sick and tired of the media, bashing the Pats, bashing the Chargers, bashing everyone for no good reason other than to increase ratings so they can collect more advertising $$. Spygate, LT, the list goes on and on. What happened to the days where we used to celebrate great teams and great players??? This year is the worst I've ever seen it. Time to make them shut the F**k up.

Go Pats!!!

Next year, Go Bolts!!! :D

This is an awesome post by someone who seems to genuinely love his team AND football. Thank you.

Living in a place this beautiful gives you many ways to occupy your time.

Man, this takes me back! When I lived near San Francisco this was a constant refrain on sports talk radio: "Yeah, OK, sports fans around here aren't nearly as knowledgeable or devoted as other fan bases. But see, that's just because this is such an amazing place to live! There's so much else to do here, so many entertainment options."

Then I moved to New York City, which is packed to the gills with rabid, knowledgeable sports fans. And ten times more entertainment options.

For whatever reason, the West Coast sports culture just isn't the same. There are plenty of individual fans who are exceptions, of course, but as an overall fan base the knowledge just isn't there.

(And yes, most good Patriots fans definitely know who Jared Lorenzen is. We have his takedown of Monte Beisel painfully engraved in our memories.)

Hater :p Ok, I'm going back to smoke my crack and do some narlly skateboarding, dude LOL

you must be one of those illiterate charger fans. every x gamer knows it's gnarly, not narlly, dude.

Charger fan here. I know I can't speak for everyone (charger fans), however, my reasons for rooting for the Pats are as follows:

1) Complete & utter disdain for Eli
2) Want Seau to get his ring - even though it will be as a Patriot, seriously, nobody deserves it more.
3) If Pats win, I can find some comfort in the fact we lost the AFCCG to the best team.
4) Seeing history be made at 19-0, even though it's not my team, is still pretty cool and something I may never experience again.

&

5) Media. I am so sick and tired of the media, bashing the Pats, bashing the Chargers, bashing everyone for no good reason other than to increase ratings so they can collect more advertising $$. Spygate, LT, the list goes on and on. What happened to the days where we used to celebrate great teams and great players??? This year is the worst I've ever seen it. Time to make them shut the F**k up.

Go Pats!!!

Next year, Go Bolts!!! :D

I like you [no homo]

Where was this law school? Grenada?

Hey, I got my law degree in Grenada and it's a perfectly good law school.

Oh hold on, I see an ambulance, gotta go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back