PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why an angry Brady with no contract by week one would be a good thing? (Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is already angry. He has been teeing off like I've never seen him do in TC before. If I had a little kid with me at TC, I would probably be spending most of my time trying to brainwash the kid into thinking Brady's favorite animal is a duck and he likes to yell that name every now and then.

There is something up with him. I'm just hoping he's angry for good reasons.

He is already angry. He has been teeing off like I've never seen him do in TC before. If I had a little kid with me at TC, I would probably be spending most of my time trying to brainwash the kid into thinking Brady's favorite animal is a duck and he likes to yell that name every now and then.

I think he is. I think he's sick and tired of all the complacency and lack of mental toughness that really seemed to come to a head as he was putting in a comeback player of the year season only to have the team turtle enmass in a home playoff game. I think that has eaten at him all off season. He is driven. He wants the better ring which is always the next. Willie used to scare him. He's becoming Willie...because the team needs at least one and none has stepped up. There are lots of guys leading by example, moreso than last year for sure. But there isn't an enforcer, Vince is just a tad too jolly for players to buy him in that role. Someone has to show the best of the next generation that you don't always get to settle for merely leading by example. Sometimes you have to scare the piss out of your teamates to get their attention. Kinda like with cows...

Last edited:
Of course he is Angry! He loses perfection and a fourth superbowl ring, Is Injured and misses an entire season... where realistically both of these happen with minutes of each other just looking at game time..

Sees his entire team dismantled and watches his friends retire.

watches his team struggle for the entire 2009 season in the areas of leadership, playing on the road, finishing games.. all areas of where this team made its mark in the past... and he loses the first round of the playoffs where he had probably one of his worst games statistically..

on top of ALL of this... he is now forced to negotiate a contract at probably the lowest point of his career.. even though he still considered the best or one of the best.. its still on him..

I think he is handling it with class. And he is handling it the way he feels it needs to be handled.. A young team with loads of potential needs leadership... I think he's trying to take on even more leadership to help guide them too.. which may account for a lot of his oubursts..

Of course he is Angry! He loses perfection and a fourth superbowl ring, Is Injured and misses an entire season... where realistically both of these happen with minutes of each other just looking at game time..

Sees his entire team dismantled and watches his friends retire.

watches his team struggle for the entire 2009 season in the areas of leadership, playing on the road, finishing games.. all areas of where this team made its mark in the past... and he loses the first round of the playoffs where he had probably one of his worst games statistically..

on top of ALL of this... he is now forced to negotiate a contract at probably the lowest point of his career.. even though he still considered the best or one of the best.. its still on him..

I think he is handling it with class. And he is handling it the way he feels it needs to be handled.. A young team with loads of potential needs leadership... I think he's trying to take on even more leadership to help guide them too.. which may account for a lot of his oubursts..

I LIKE it! Bump this guy up onto the roster. Bypass the 40 or so remaining posts he needs.
Most guys around here put me to sleep. And his "Vince is too jolly" were the words I've been looking for for a long time.
ima put one of these :rocker: here for the 1st time to welcome this guy into the fray.

That writer is a mod for the Patriots section of a very popular football forum.

Tom Brady is setting the tone this training camp. All business/all serious in camp. He and his mates have much to prove after last season and Brady wants to establish some definite leadership from day 1.

Ah yes WBRU the Brown University radio station. The definitive source of all things New England Patriot.

His team got utterly embarrassed in the last meaningful game they played. That would eat at and piss off any competitive person.

As long as he is angry at the right things (i.e. not a the front office), it is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down