Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why America is at a dis-advantage

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BradyForPresident, Mar 21, 2007.

1. BradyForPresident

BradyForPresident Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Democracy is the best system in time of peace. But in war, we are at a dis-advantage. Terrorists do not have to change their leaders every 4 or 8 years like we do in America. I'm mad! In 2 more years whoever comes to power will surrender to the scummy muslims like a frenchman. Why should we give up the war for freedom because there is NOW no candidate with the balls to take on the terrorists. Another year or two and a hero might come forward, but it will be too late. George Bush should not allow Hillary, Barack HUSSEIN, or anyone else the oppratunity to hand the war to terrorists. As commander-in-chief, he should not abdicate the white house until a capable leader, willing to lead the war, comes forward. Lincoln was our president until the civil war ended, we didn't change horses in the middle of the race, and we should not change now. I call for George Bush to hold onto office by Executive Order until a successor with a spine can be found.

2. mr3putt

mr3putt 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Dick Cheney perhaps? :rolleyes:

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Anybody care to field this one?.....

[​IMG]

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Maybe we could appoint Rumsfeld. Hey, why don't we drop some bombs, big ones.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +820 / 2 / -9

Now your talking

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 14 / -28

I guess somefolks, really believe that the "Constitution is just a goddamned piece of paper." If this proposal were to become a reality betcha couple people would finally get off of their collective asses and take a look at what is going on.

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +356 / 15 / -12

We're a brave people, and have faith in a system of government that has kept us safe for 200 years. Many of us also know our military can no more defeat terrorists than it can defeat murderers. Both groups can easily hide wherever they are. They wear no uniform and declare no country their only home.

Besides that, we're fighting for our way of life, not fighting to become like the terrorists. That's why so many of us oppose Bush. An idea like yours, inspired by the terrorists political model, is anti-American.

On the other side, even a leading conservative recently resigned:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/21/washington/21hawks.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

WASHINGTON, March 20 — Among the hawks in the Bush administration, Robert Joseph long occupied a special perch. Robert Joseph, an arms control expert, is the latest hawk to leave an administration that many conservatives say has lost its clarity of mission.

As the architect of much of the administration’s strategy for countering nuclear proliferation, he helped engineer the decision to exit the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, worked secretly to squeeze Libya to give up its nuclear weapons program, and created a loose consortium of nations, now numbering more than 80, committed to intercepting illicit weapons at sea, in the air or on land.

But last month Mr. Joseph quietly left the State Department, where he was under secretary for arms control and international security, telling colleagues that, as a matter of principle, he simply could not abide the new agreement with North Korea that the Bush administration struck in February.

Mr. Joseph has declined to talk publicly about why he left, but he told colleagues that he thought the deal would prolong the survival of a North Korean government he has publicly called “criminal” and “morally abhorrent” while failing to require it to give up the weapons it has already produced. In an interview, Mr. Joseph made clear that he “does not support the policy” that President Bush has now embraced.

8. BradyForPresident

BradyForPresident Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not saying we get rid of Democracy. What we have now is not Democracy. There are no candidates truly supported by the people. The people obviously want a strong president, and the candidated now don't offer that. The people literally have nobody they like to vote for. It's like Iran, where candidates are chosen by a special council, our council is the Democrat party and they've poisoned political discourse to the point of making strong leaders seem weak and making weak leaders seem strong. Bush should hold onto power just long enough to ensure a FAIR election, representing the people, which cannot happen with the current candidates. I don't want Bush to be king, I just want Democracy to live on.

9. BradyForPresident

BradyForPresident Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good picture, wistahpatsfan. :cool: :rolleyes:

In time of war using picture from communist sites like topplebush.org is treason.

10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

How do you get around the fact that Bush lost the popular vote in 2000?

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +356 / 15 / -12

You want your idea of a strong leader. My view is that Bush is actually a very weak leader. Military action is not a sign of strength and Bush has handled the war on terror like a coward, flailing out towards anyone who scared him, without even fully examining the evidence. In the case of Bush's handling of the war on terror, it was a sign of cowardice and fear. Besides that, your idea presumes Bush is not corrupt, and the evidence is pouring in that he surrounded himself with corrupt individuals.

12. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm sure the FBI is right on top of it! As for the rest of this thread, all I can say is: WTF???

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 7 / -2

Zig Heil! Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar!

I think we'll manage alright without GW manning the throne. Where I am a little worried about the retreatist's, I'm actually more concerned with an Enviro-nazi, Amnesty, AND retreatist candidate taking 1600 Penn. That'd be strike 1, 2, and 3.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +664 / 7 / -2

Maybe by explaining that he won the electoral college? :rolleyes:

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +664 / 7 / -2

That is one funny post. His hanndling of TWAT is cowardly? I could understand someone calling it over aggressive, but cowardly? Care to explain?

16. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yup, George doesn't go downtown.

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +664 / 7 / -2

At that rate, niether does.....nevermind! :D

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +356 / 15 / -12

When on 9/11, he did not order Air Force One to the Capitol to demonstrate that America would not cower in the face of terrorist attacks, I knew the guy was a coward (at least compared with any other president I can think of). Whatever happened to the noble idea of going down with the ship? Al Qaeda made the United States cower, the United States as represented by Bush.

But, more broadly, while war is sometimes necessary, the war on Iraq was largely irrational. A little more due diligence and Bush would have realized that Iraq did not have WMDs and was not involved in 9/11. Lashing out the way he did was more like an angry child who does not have the courage to rationally evaluate the events, the information, and the alternative approaches. He was so afraid something would happen, he hit back too soon and has create an international disaster.

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +664 / 7 / -2

You really are stupid enough to say something like that. Going down with the ship? I didn't know GW was an Admiral. You do know that there is protocal that is followed under these types of scenario's right? The above might be some of the more ridiculous stuff you've written.

Where I totally understand the position of feeling IRaq was unnecessary, calling it cowardly doesn't really seem to make much sense. Had you said Iraq was an over agressive move, then fine. How it's cowardly I'm not sure.

20. Patters

Ratings:
    +356 / 15 / -12

I think it was more important that Bush went to Washington, stood in front of the White House and told the world everything is okay. It would have been a risk, but that's what leadership is about. On 9/11, we cowered, we showed the world that we're not as strong and courageous as we pretend to be.

It's not especially courageous for the CiC of the most powerful military to sit in DC and order troops to Iraq or Afghanistan. The word courage is reserved for those who risk their lives. Choosing to go to war with a minimum number of troops was the easiest choice, but certainly not his best choice. In that way, he showed no political courage.