PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why am i supposed to believe that Tony Dungy is a good person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so Tony Dungy is a good person because......

1.) he's black, doesn't yell, doesn't swear
2.) His son died. (just like every other man in the history of the world who had a son. it's sad but you are making a joke about it if you use it as a "good guy" excuse)
3.) He wrote a kid's book, just like T.O. (probably scary religious)
4.) Some guy who started liking The Colts in 2002 says he had a college class with Tony Dungy's son (i had college classes with hundreds of people's sons. And i guarantee you 90% of the parents were asswipes)
5.) He talks with Inmates about something. (so does BB and he's evil)
6.) He's religious
7.) His players like him

then you have all the obnoxious, crap this guy has done and i still don't see how he's a good person.

Is T.O. a good person? he wrote a kid's book. "little T learns how to eat pills" or whatever the fxxx it was called. T.O. also has several bad qualities, just like Tony.

The discussion should be over...according to Boomer when he went to Indystar, he owned the moderator.....

Re: Man they really HATE Dungy at Patfans.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just owned their mod. I'm loving it

He didn't point out it took him 12 pages to finally give a piece of concrete evidence that Dungy does anything but kiss the presses a**

Good guy???

Good person???

Please on this. There are many coaches who are decent people...but to put them on a pedastal is crazy. If Dungy were the saint they make him out to be then he would take all his $$$ and start and coach a football program for inner city kids. He doesn't because he likes the $$$ and he likes the power. Not that there's anything wrong with that ... but this annointing him for sainthood is nuts. Mother Theresa was a saint ... let's start the comparison with her.

Whenever I hear stories like Dungy's I think of former Celtics head coach KC Jones. last I heard he was coaching some division III girls basketball team somewhere. Not for fame or fortune but just to coach and help others. Would Dungy do this? I doubt it.

Like I said ... he's a decent guy, a real decent guy ... just like many of the fathers, mothers, sisters & brothers in this forum ... no more and no less than many of us who make sacrifices for friends & family every day and week without the fame and fortune.

Belichick gets a bad rap for his IMAGE. first of all, anybody that knows him has nothing but great things to say about him even players he cut. fans and the media dont get to see this side of belichick because he feels that IT DOESN'T HELP YOU WIN GAMES.

this is football

1. being flamboyantly religious might earn you media points but it doesnt win games.

2.having your children on the sideline might get you a family man of the year award but it doesnt win games. p.s. belichick has his kids on the sidelines too but you wont hear about that.

3.having great press conferences may earn you style points in the court of public opinion but it doesnt win games.

4.I'll tread as lightly on this subject as possible. losing a loved one and finding the "Quiet strength" to continue with a heavy heart will get you sympathy points and add to your good guy persona but it doesnt win you games. Bill Belichick lost his father in 2005, someone whose been his teacher his whole life, a man respected by many in the football and navy world, yet you hear nothing about it nor does it add to his good guy persona.

Is Tony Dungy a good guy? I dont really know,I would guess so. Is he a perfect saint like the media likes to make him out to be? Absoutely not,

Is Bill Belichick a bad guy? Absolutely not. he's a man who focuses on the only thing that matters in his line of work, WINNING. If Dungy doesnt perform well as a coach, it wouldnt matter how good of a guy he is, the organization will look elsewhere.

I'll tell you this, release belichick from his existing contract and every team except the colts will throw their coach off their city's signature bridge to get him.

so dont give me this "Good guy bad guy" crap. as human beings we are way to complex to be catogorized that way.

Shame on those tho believe that easterbrook filth.

Millions of people believe in good family values. That's not good enough for him to be receiving the credit he gets. Thanks though.

So anybody else have anything?

It is hard for born and raised East Coasters to see but he is coaching in the Bible Belt. When these things like family values are out there and in a "positive" light, he is going to be praised.

I know, it has nothing to do with football.

2.) His son died. (just like every other man in the history of the world who had a son. it's sad but you are making a joke about it if you use it as a "good guy" excuse)
4.) Some guy who started liking The Colts in 2002 says he had a college class with Tony Dungy's son (i had college classes with hundreds of people's sons. And i guarantee you 90% of the parents were asswipes)
6.) He's religious
7.) His players like him

then you have all the obnoxious, crap this guy has done and i still don't see how he's a good person.

Is T.O. a good person? he wrote a kid's book. "little T learns how to eat pills" or whatever the fxxx it was called. T.O. also has several bad qualities, just like Tony.

Keegs, just out of curiosity, why don't you think Dungy's a good person?

6.) He's religious
7.) His players like him

I guess I don't know what exactly you're looking for. What do you think makes a person a "good" person? Apparently, by all accounts from the people that actually know him (neither you nor I fit that category), he's a really solid human being. I mean, how would you make such a judgment about a guy that lives in your town? Do you need to see some huge act of charity? What if a guy just lives a quiet life, does his very best to raise his kids, remains faithful to his wife, is involved in the community, is generally kind to other people, etc. Nothing "flashy", nothing newsworthy. Would you say that such a person is a "good" person? If not, why not? What's your criteria? Seems like people have given several items and you've dismissed them, so it's unclear exactly what you're after here.

So here's your opportunity to set the ground rules, the criteria, for what you think constitutes a "good person".

Thanks in advance.

Well, to me, the question goes more like this:

Q: What makes Dungy a better person than BB?
A: Absolutely nothing, both are good people. BB is a better coach though.

Haha...gotta love people trying to drag Tony Dungy's name through the mud. That is truly pathetic. I guess how somehow Dungy has brainwashed every person he has met to say how great of a guy he is. :rolleyes:

Things we know about Dungy:

- he doesn't dress like a homeless guy
- he doesn't have affairs with married women
- he doesn't video tape team's signals
- he doesn't have a very respected former team leader accuse him of playing with concussions
- he doesn't run up scores to prove that some how his team's 3 super bowls aren't forever tainted

Look, you guys have an amazing team. And it's a shame BB was so arrogant to get caught cheating and tarnish those titles. Odds are good that you will win another this year. But it's sad to take shots at Dungy, who represents everything good about sports. Face the facts, your coach is a scumbag. Probably the best coach in football, but a scumbag no less.

Last edited:
Oh, Good Lord, it's back. Didn't this end last night?

For 1 reason only if you want to believe it

THE MEDIA SAYS SO!

sucks2.jpg

My thoughts exactly. Monday, they'll all go away Monday.Just keep saying it.

From the looks of things I've been here longer than you, and I'll be here Monday win or lose from the Colts, and didn't we wrap this discussion up yesterday? I provided the cold hard facts everyone was so dying to see on why Dungy is a good person, now can you all just leave it?

From the looks of things I've been here longer than you, and I'll be here Monday win or lose from the Colts, and didn't we wrap this discussion up yesterday? I provided the cold hard facts everyone was so dying to see on why Dungy is a good person, now can you all just leave it?

You may have been posting longer, but I've been here reading for quite some time. And I did not bring it back up, your fellow Colt fans did. I said make it stop, it's over.

If BB said he hated gay people the media and Colts fans would be calling for his head.

BB's son smokes pot and BB is a bad dad, Dungy's kills himself and it's poor Saint Tony.

I could go on but you get the idea.

Tony's holier than thou act gets really old.

People always tend to like the quiet , soft spoken, religious guys. Dungy has always had good teams, but he only has one ring. Don't worry, this weekend I'm sure he'll have a lot of nice things.

It's a tough sell. You cannot sell anybody, not Dungy, not Mother Theresa (you would be surprised what that wench was up to), not nobody, as a "good" person. That is too broad and too vague a concept.

That's why I said that he has the respect of his players and his peers and that's the frame of reference, and it has a well-defined boundary. Once you start getting off into the Christian LaLa Land thing, it's like all pops and buzzes. The argument becomes a parody of itself.

I'd rather see the focus on his relationships with the people under him and the people over him and his peers. In that profession, how does he stack up? Very well. So he's "good". He does good by them, and they appreciate him, and they'll run through a brick wall for him. How much better does a guy have to be?

Bill is a great coach and leader. He's even a funny man behind closed doors. Put him in front of a camera and he's like Frankenstein learning to mumble. But I don't care. I want him to be a good coach, not wow them at the mic. In his profession he's "good" too. It's that simple.

Forget what the media and the religious freaks want you to believe because they are reaching. They reach for something that does not exist yet. Maybe it will some day, but NFL coaches probably won't get there first.

1.) he's black, doesn't yell, doesn't swear.

How does not shouting or swearing make you better or good? To me that's a crock of bat turds. That's guano, baby.

I like guys that scream, "WE KNEW WHO THEY WERE! THEY WERE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!"

Because he says so..... Like Ladanian says he is classy... They wouldn't lie would they?....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back