PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why all the Vinetierri hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Seriously-you have to be the most UNGRATEFUL fans-the guy was the X factor in your three Lombardi Trophies.

Why all the hate for him? But en yet, why all the love for Drew Bledsoe, despite his erratic/heart-breaking play?

Seriously-you have to be the most UNGRATEFUL fans-the guy was the X factor in your three Lombardi Trophies.

Why all the hate for him? But en yet, why all the love for Drew Bledsoe, despite his erratic/heart-breaking play?

Bledsoe didn't choose to leave and go to the most hated rival, while feeling slighted because the Patriots didn't offer him enough money. The difference in deals was minor, and Vinatieri didn't even pursue a counter offer.

Most of us don't hate AV as much as we hate the Colts. If AV gets caught up in the furor, so be it.

How about this - because he's a whining, kvetching baby. He left, fine. He goes to the Colts, ummm ok that's fine too. But the stink he made when he left was what pushed me over. I was totally fine with still loving Adam when he left. But reading his interviews and hearing how mad he was that the Pats wouldn't offer him ridiculous amounts of money perviously (even though they still would have made him the highest paid kicker EVER) and bragging about how he wouldn't even entertain offers from the Pats made me dislike him.

Last edited:
2001, yes, he was the X factor in the snow bowl. The others ? A lot of kickers would have made the kicks, he had the opportunity that many others would also have taken advantage of.

Why do I hate him now ? He's a Colt.

Who?

There is no love for Bledsoe. Only love for Mo Lewis

As for Vinitraitor, If you're going to defend a player, at least learn to spell his name correctly. More the power to him for leaving for few bucks more, but to stab the Pats fans in the back by going to the main rival ! He could've easily gone to Minny, Dallas, Atlanta, or any souther teams with warm weather, but no it was all about the extra $500k/yr for him.
Does not look like kicking indoors will help prolong his career or pathetic kickoffs. He would've been the Curt Schilling of Boston, but he chose otherwise. So, Adios:cool:

We're much happier with the Ghost !

it's a bitter relationship, no doubt. But he did jump ships purely for the sake of more moolah. Someone like Trot Nixon left the Red Sox, but he didn't just go to the Yankees (and he's still liked in Boston). Johnny Damon however...

Bledsoe gets plenty of it on here. Six years down the line, he's still a divisive figure. I expect Adam will climb the ranks again once he's retired and no longer subject to the rancour attached to the Colts rivalry.

i dont dislike him i just root for him to miss every field goal he attempts

He left the Pats for the Colts! What is not to hate?

The monitary offers of both teams at the time were close and he chose the enemy over the hometown heros. A decision that rocked Patriots Nation and broke alot of hearts in NE.

It is a classic senario in which to turn on a former hero who leaves to go to the emeny. Happens all the time and is what makes sports AWESOME!!! ;)

Last edited:

Because most fans root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.....

" I can tell by your coat your from the other side......." CSN

You'll see different views of Bledsoe here. While some fans still hold him in high regards, most others have come to see him for the faults that he had. He held onto the ball too long, locked onto receivers, was easily rattled, didn't seem to be bothered by losing and wasn't a true leader. Another part of it was the fact that he was the face of the franchise and the first overall pick. It can be hard to let go of that and move in a different direction.

If you don't understand, no one can explain it to you.

But I think you understand perfectly.

Seriously-you have to be the most UNGRATEFUL fans...Why all the hate for him?

Tried reading IndyStar.com? There are numerous threads, not just posts, threads bashing the Vinitraitor. Those Indy fans sure are fickle.

As to us, when a player who was paid at the top of his position leaves your team for their chief rival, it's natural for fans to hate his traitorous guts. Better still is watching him unable to kick off as well as a HS kicker. Missing everything over 40 yds with his aged leg! And shanking the game winner? Priceless!

He's greedy and disrespected the orginization on his way out.;)

Eh....I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't hate the guy. He was vital to the Patriots' 3 Super Bowl championships and provided some of the most memorable kicks in NFL history. I dare any of you to find a better kick than the 45-yarder with the wind and snow blowing at his direction to bring the Snow Bowl into overtime. I'm still amazed that he made it...if he had to kick it again I don't think he would make it. Not many would. I never forget the magnitude of that kick, or the others he's provided as a Patriot. He misses that and you may as well have placed Norwood or Vanderjagt on his back because nobody would know the difference, and none of us would be in the least bit bothered with him leaving.

Vinatieri made a business decision to sign elsewhere. McGinest did the same. I don't begrudge either, they will both always be Patriots, and remembered fondly in New England when their playing days are over. The only thing I can say is that I am mad at Vinatieri as a Patriots fan for choosing to sign with the Colts of all teams. So when he misses a kick in a clutch situation like last night, I take pleasure in that. It's more about seeing the Colts fail than Adam fail. From 1996 to 2006 that was a foreign concept to me, to be happy to see him miss a FG. It was like Johnny Damon going from the Red Sox to the Yankees, only for less money. That irks me.

So simply put, I still love Adam but I'm very disappointed with his decision. But that's from a sentimental standpoint. Frankly, the Patriots haven't missed a beat with Stephen Gostkowski.

It's like Damon vs Pedro. Sure Pedro left for more years and more money but Damon went to the Yankees. Pedro gets several standing O's, Damon gets booed and a t-shirt that says Looks like Jesus, Throws like Mary, acts like Judas.

If AV went to anybody outside of the Jets or Colts his reception would be different.

I vividly remember when he left...Lobel came on the news and said "this will help your dinner go down nicely, Adam just signed with the Colts." he was right, I still throw up a little in my mouth when I see him in a Colts uniform.

I still, however, have yet to see him kick in that uniform. On kick offs, I close my eyes, on FG's, I leave the room and the noise in the living room lets me know how he did. The noise last night? EXCELLENT--TWICE!

AV being regarded as the most clutch kicker of all time in a Patriots uni is great.

Him going to the Colts is heartbreaking.

Carrying on the legacy of Vanderchoke is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back