PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whose gonna be the guy cut this summer thats a shocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please READ my posts before saying I am wrong:

Maybe you should read your OWN posts before telling someone they are wrong because I read your post and YOU said the following:

solman said:
Between money owed ($9.75M) and remaining signing bonus ($1.5M) Kevin Falk is going to make $11.25M for three years.

I clearly identified which monies he is going to BE paid, and which monies he has already BEEN paid (but which have not yet been earned, since if he quits, he has to return the $1.5M).

YOU stated that Kevin Faulk is going to MAKE $11.25 million for 3 years. That was FALSE and I provided the numbers to show you to be WRONG.

If you can't even take the time to read my posts, I'm not going to waste my time debating you. This is the second time in a week that your illiteracy has gotten in the way of a debate. Welcome to my ignore list.

You shouldn't take the time to debate with anyone. I read your post and YOU said that Kevin Faulk is going to make 11.25 million in 3 years. I proved you wrong. Faulk is NOT going to MAKE 11.25 million in 3 years because 1.491 million of that 11.25 million you are counting is money he's already received. Kevin Faulk stands to make about 9.75 million over the next 3 years.

The only illiteracy is from YOU solman because you don't even know the difference between what someone will MAKE versus what someone counts against the cap.

Last edited:
You asked for it...

According to my latest 53 man roster spreadsheet I have the following players on the bubble:

O'Callaghan, Corey Hilliard, Troy Brown, Yates, Gaffney, Wright, Woods, Alexander, Lua, Izzo, Gay, James, Mitchell, Scott, Wilson, Andrews, Hawkins, Mills, Kaczur, Washington, Caldwell, Hairston, Kight

None of them would surpirse me, which means anyone not listed would surprise me.

Well there is no gurantee that there is going to be a SHOCKING cut this year.

I wouldn't be suprised if at least on of Caldwell, Washington, and Gaffney were cut.

The offensive line and defensive backfield are highly competitive, so there will probably be some close calls there, and the same goes for the back up linebacker situation. The running back depth chart is still somewhat up in the air as well.

That ebing said, if someone held a gun to my head about this, I would say keep an eye on Mills. I don't think he will be cut (the Patriots don't usually throw away fourth round picks after a year), but he probably has to prove something this year. Indications were that he looked pretty good in passing camp but it's early so we'll see.

Last edited:
Bruschi, Troy Brown, Caldwell, Hawkins.

Maybe Bruschi doesn't get cut though.

why would Sanders get cut? hes very cheap on the cap and he showed signs of a good starter..hes young, good ST player and can start . i cant see Andrews, Mitchell beating him out.

Stallworth? He missed a passing camp..big deal? He can be hurt..maybe personal reasons. Were not gonna cut a guy we just signed. BB knows why hes gone

Faulk..we'll cut him when we cut Tom Brady

im going with Kazcur..i heard rumors saying coaches are unhappy with his work ethic and attitude

Randy Moss.

What a complete load of crap. Sanders is nowhere near the worst starting SS in the league. What he is is an up-and-coming player who, despite not being as athletic as some of the flashier safeties in the league, has shown to be solid and dependable, if unspectacular.

You mention one play. ONE PLAY. As if that should be reason enough to indict Sanders. Maybe you should saunter over to the Caldwell v. Gaffney thread -- my guess is you'd chose Gaffney, employing that craptacular logic.

Even if you're not high on Sanders, you really think, given Harrison cannot stay healthy to save his life, they're going to cut his backup? Really?

Sanders is, IMO, the heir apparent to Harrison. Sanders and Meriweather should complement each other nicely.
Cousin,
One play? This kid has struggled from the start. I respect your opinion about the lad, but have you watched him on tapes? Did you see him play this year? Look, we are both entitled to an opinion. I am not going to change my mind, nor are you going to influence what is seen with the eye of the observer. I will not change your opinion either.....Fine. Did you see the Championship game? It was embarrassing. I beg to differ as far as solid and dependable.

IMO he is an easy cut. I am only commenting on what I saw. If you viewed him in a better light, so be it. There has to be a street FA with more talent and at least some zip to his game. Sanders is short, slow, doesn't like to hit that I can see and you have to admit, cannot cover to save his life at this point in his career. Maybe he'll improve, but he's still a 5'10", short safety, who is slow and not Bob Sanders. He is the clone of Dexter. He started eight games for the Pats and averaged 1.3 tackles unassisted per game for the entire season.
Thank you for your return comments though.
DW Toys

There were more than a few people screaming at the screen that they should have let the Colts score a few plays earlier. There is a distinct chance that Sanders and the whole defense was told to allow that score then.
Cousin, Good point and I would agree with you but the Colts only needed a FG. It would have been much easier to retaliate with a 3. I would have taken a few seconds off not to have to score a 7.
DW Toys

With all the guys on this team and the talent we have there is no doubt we will have a guy cut that many of us will say WOW! Never saw that coming!

For your crystal ball predictions,who is the guy that will shock us all in getting surprisingly cut?.

I am going to say it will be either Patrick Pass or Kevin Faulk as the biggest surprise cut.

Another possibility is James Sanders which would be a shocker as well as I think he has big upside and hope he stays another year.

I've been waiting for Faulk to be cut for so long now... it isn't even funny. I hope Caldwell gets his walking papers as well.

Hill wouldve been gone. Faulk should be. But the biggest shocker will be Troy Brown....if they sign him!

Cousin,
One play? This kid has struggled from the start. I respect your opinion about the lad, but have you watched him on tapes? Did you see him play this year? Look, we are both entitled to an opinion. I am not going to change my mind, nor are you going to influence what is seen with the eye of the observer. I will not change your opinion either.....Fine. Did you see the Championship game? It was embarrassing. I beg to differ as far as solid and dependable.

IMO he is an easy cut. I am only commenting on what I saw. If you viewed him in a better light, so be it. There has to be a street FA with more talent and at least some zip to his game. Sanders is short, slow, doesn't like to hit that I can see and you have to admit, cannot cover to save his life at this point in his career. Maybe he'll improve, but he's still a 5'10", short safety, who is slow and not Bob Sanders. He is the clone of Dexter. He started eight games for the Pats and averaged 1.3 tackles unassisted per game for the entire season.
Thank you for your return comments though.
DW Toys

hes much better than Dexter. when Reid made a mistake..u knew it and saw it. When Sanders did ..it wasnt anything big and noticable

hes 5"10..yes but he was drafted at 5"10 so why would they cut him at 5"10?

doesnt like to hit? Hes an in box safety..a run support safety. His coverage needs work but he tackles well for most part

it was only his 2nd year and he was coming off injury wasnt he? its not easy coming in and replacing Rodney. Why cut a 3rd year youngster whos only getting better and his salary is very cheap since he was a 4th rounder i believe. Hes got some experience now. Baker was worse than him..Hawkins was worse than him and i felt Hawkins and Bruschi were the weak links on the D. He wont be cut..not with 2 cover safeties(Meriweather-Wilson), an aging injury prone vet(Harrison). We need a guy who can play run..Sanders is that guy..can line up in box..leave the other 2 to cover.

My shocker is the retirement of Troy Brown.
My surprise cut is Kelley Washington.

Faulk is a key part of the offense and Belichick loves him.

I don't understand why some people don't get that.

I say Kelley Washington. Not much of a shocker though. Most of the team seems to be set. Very few UDFA.

this year's David Terrell?

my pick for shocking cut would be Sammy Morris

Sorry for the brief interruption into your regularly scheduled program but ......

I AM AT MY 1,000TH POST!!!!

WHAT DO I WIN???? :p

Last edited:
Sorry for the brief interruption into your regularly scheduled program but ......

I AM AT MY 1,000TH POST!!!!

WHAT DO I WIN???? :p

A new car
junkcar.jpg

and a lollipop.
!!!~leather_lollipop_tag_girl.jpg

Faulk is a key part of the offense and Belichick loves him.

I don't understand why some people don't get that.

He is so friggin great (so is bug eye's, and Troy Brown lately)... just don't give "them" the ball at the end of a really close game.

YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN...

Last edited:
Hate to see Mills go,I guess I'm on board now as a "ball washer "for Mills....D.Thomas is a keeper also,I beleive,you know BB loves Te.s....Washington may be on the bubble,in regard of the receivers who might be on that,I like Gaffney,he played well in the clutch,Caldwell did in the Chargers game,but dropped (one or two,I forget) passes in the AFC championship game that killed drives.....for a wideout,not forgiveable ,IMHO.....so it should be a fight for wideout spots on this roster,which is huge,compared to last year.If Maroney can stay healthy,quite possible.....offence will be a huge factor this year....nothing new I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back