PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whose gonna be the guy cut this summer thats a shocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With all the guys on this team and the talent we have there is no doubt we will have a guy cut that many of us will say WOW! Never saw that coming!

For your crystal ball predictions,who is the guy that will shock us all in getting surprisingly cut?.

I am going to say it will be either Patrick Pass or Kevin Faulk as the biggest surprise cut.

Another possibility is James Sanders which would be a shocker as well as I think he has big upside and hope he stays another year.

it going to a lineman,maybe Nick

If Garret Mills stays healthy, it might be Dave Thomas.

I'd say Pass is the odds on favorite to get cut and then make an appearance later in the year.

I'd say Pass is the odds on favorite to get cut and then make an appearance later in the year.

Pass is in camp?

I think they said he was absent along with Maroney.

Huh? Is Pass even rostered? I don't think he is ....

Faulk would be a surprise cut, but who would replace him? There isn't even a warm body in camp who could push him for 3rd down back.

I would be FLOORED if Thomas was cut in favor of Mills.

1) Because Thomas showed some great promise last year; and 2) Mills (according to the latest out of passing camp) looks to be more of an H-back than a TE.

If Mills pushes anyone off the roster it would be Evans.

I actually don't think there will be any "surprsise" cuts. I think anyone who will be cut, we'll for the most part have seen it coming.

So I don't know, I guess my vote would be Evans, just bc so many people think he is a lock for signing a 2-yr. I think he's expendable, esp. if Mills develops as an H-back and can block. (Or if Hairston develops.)

I say Kelley Washington. Not much of a shocker though. Most of the team seems to be set. Very few UDFA.

Since we're all just floating names, my pick would be Reche. I bet that Belichick remembers those Indy drops as much as we do.

Someone had mentioned this before, but I could see Josh Miller being cut for one of the NFL Europe kids. BB clearly seems to have some concern at the position and it could leave open a window for someone to come in and take over.

I wouldn't be a shock to me, but the one-trick pony izzo should be pushed this summer.

It's definitly going to be a WR like Caldwell or Washington. The WR has an overabundance of talent and someone will get cut that might not of last year.

Not a shocker but Jabbar is my choice.Cadwell inspite of the 2 drops stepped up when their was no WR and even in the playoff put up some numbers constantly.He is also the most familar with brady at this point as troy still has not signed after his surgery.One more thing is troy does not play every down and brady might want someone he is familar with him in the field all the time.

Last edited:

Thomas would go beyond "shocker" to me, it would make me queasy. Consider the situation...2006 is a deep TE draft, the Pats know Graham will be gone in a year, so they spend a day-1 pick on a polished pass-catching TE. He makes the most of limited playing time in his rookie year, averaging an outstanding 14.5 ypc. Graham leaves, and the FA they bring in is a pure blocker in the last years of his career. If they turn around and cut Thomas now it means they've made a major series of blunders.

As for Pass, I'm afraid the shocker would be if he DID make the team. And the WR situation is too volatile right now for Washington, Gaffney or even Caldwell to count as shockers. So I'll go with Josh Miller (alas) or Kaczur.

Stallworth.

Actually, I'm not basing that on anything logical (except him missing passing camp), just a gut feeling.

Kevin Faulk is not going to be cut. No way.

Troy Brown is my gut feeling.

But i want to say Hawkins, Caldwell, Evans.

No doubt it's Kelly Washington

Stallworth.

Actually, I'm not basing that on anything logical (except him missing passing camp), just a gut feeling.

Stallworth was around last week.

Bruschi. 10char

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes