Welcome to PatsFans.com

Whose fans should feel worse about how their season ended: Ravens or Patriots?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by brdmaverick, Feb 8, 2012.

?

Whose fans should feel worse about how their season ended?

Poll closed Feb 29, 2012.
  1. Ravens

82.2%
  2. Patriots

17.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Let's see if this puts things in perspective or only makes us feel worse, but whose fan base should be more upset/disappointed with how their season finished: the Ravens or the Patriots?

You know the storylines, but here it goes.....

Ravens: lose AFC Championship to a somewhat rival (well, at lease one between Suggs and Brady) on a routine FG that would have extended the game. Oh, this is only minutes after almost securing the game winning TD reception.

Patriots: lose in heart breaking fashion in the Super Bowl to the same team that caused them and their fan base such heart break only 4 years earlier (oh, and add in that it was a New York team). Sure they didn't have a routine field goal-type gaffe, but fans will forever be haunted by the Brady/Welker incompletion (not assigning fault either way).

Which team has more to be bitter about going into the offseason.
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

No contest. Getting to the Super Bowl, even if you lose it, trumps losing in the AFCCG. Ravens fans will forever be wondering what might have been, just as we were when we lost to Indy years ago. We KNOW we would've beaten Chicago.
  3. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

The Ravens might feel worse but I'm waking up early every morning 5:30 and the first thing I do is run over the plays in the game, and it makes me feel sick.

Things aren't improving for me yet.

Don't think about it as much during the day since I'm busy with life. Yesterday was perfectly fine, but last night was third night in a row of restless "Super Bowl loss" sleep.

What is my mind telling me that my consciousness is totally blocking out?
  4. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

We made the Giants the only 9-7 team to ever win a Super Bowl. After all the trash talking they did leading up to the SB, we needed to shut them up for good. Now we will never hear the end of it. Patriots fans will not be taunting the Ravens over a missed field goal because in the end we didn't finish the job.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  5. Elijah T.

Elijah T. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

For me, it's like asking if I want to be burned or stabbed to death?

It kills me either way.
  6. VrabelJr

VrabelJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 1 / -0

Whoever picks Patriots in this poll is a spoiled little beotch.

edit: I grew up in Buffalo, NY and I can tell you nothing is more paralyzing to a fan base than a missed field goal in a big game. Ravens fans have it 10x worse than we do right now. I guarantee you somewhere in Buffalo someone is still mourning over Scott Norwood's wide right.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  7. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Ravens of course

The only season I can remember when the losing conference champion should feel worse than the losing SB team is the 2006 Patriots because the Bears simply were never going to beat the Colts that year and the Pats certainly would have won the title as well.
  8. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

lol ravens

this isn't even a debate

they had a td pass right in their hands and dropped it, then missed a chip shot fg

the pats had an 8 point lead in the sb , and a 4th qtr lead in the sb sure, but the ravens should have been in the sb
  9. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Uh, no. BS on the should have beens. Ball was knocked out of Evans's hand and the FG only ties it. To use your logic, if Brady does the smart thing and sits on the ball, Patriots win easily, but instead, he made the same bonehead play that Cundiff made.
  10. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

ball was knocked out but that's a catch that needs to be made

he literally choked away the sb with that drop

good logic on the fg miss, true, that only causes OT at best
  11. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -1

This is a freakin' no brainer.

Of course, the Ravens feel worse.

But, ain't the greatest thing about this whole sorry mess that the Jets feel worse than the Ravens and Patriots combined to the nth degree?

Not only do they have a fractured clubhouse, an insecure and marginal Quarterback and a train wreck of a Head Coach, but they have to live with the Giants rubbing salt in their wounds every single day in the stadium they share. :singing:
  12. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

droped TD catch missed FG its the ravens the pats got to the SB with the 31th ranked defense, it hurts to lose but they played there A** off and were just a few plays away from winning it all good season pats bring it home next year i dont feel bad at all
  13. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +726 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

Patriots. They were right on the cusp of "Do it for Myra" despite having a remarkably underwhelming defense, and the best aspect of the team (Brady to Welker) failed.
  14. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Now if you go by individual players,I would say things could differ a slight bit

Patriot players who are on thier way out of the NFL after 10+ years like Shawn Ellis,Gerard Warren,OchoStinko and perhaps Andre Carter will be much more depressed over losing the SB then Ravens players like Terrell Suggs,Ray Rice Ect who have several good productive seasons ahead of them to get another shot.
  15. Leemo

Leemo Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 2 / -0

#87 Jersey

We made the super bowl with a less than average defense, we should be proud to have even got there, I am anyway. With improvements at WR and throughout the defense in the offseason (FA/draft) we should be able to make another run to the big game.
  16. Sparetire

Sparetire Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Ravens hands down. why?

Their season was ended by a kick that my balls can make. and they didnt make it to the SB.
    our season ended with a loss in the SB cause a football game is falling on breaks and inches, welker didnt make that catch, manningham did...its football.

of course we pats fans feel worse than they do, but it dosnt mean we should...it was a great season and the lombardi could go eitherway.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  17. randomk1

randomk1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Since when does losing the SB compare to losing the AFC game?
  18. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +114 / 1 / -6

#50 Jersey

You may be taking this a little too seriously.
  19. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

If your balls can kick a 32 yard field goal,I think you should be in movies,that's a talent that is unmatched :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.