PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's your favorite Patriot cut/released/purposely not resigned by BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe no one has mentioned BEN COATES. Wasn't he cut back in 2000? Best TE in Pats history and will be my favorite TE of all time. The dude was always open, required at least 2-3 guys to take him down and caught EVERYTHING.

Ben Coates...can you imagine players like him,Hannah, etc playing under the BB regime?

My favorite player- Ty Law with Andruzzi a very close 2nd.
Most recent... #55. Big Willie.

Ty Law. He was the only one that went on to prove that he was truely a great player in any system. That and I had just got a new Law jersey so I was kind of pissed. :)

Willie McGinest. He played with so much heart and was such a great leader.

Willie Mac. He was the soul of the D. They could have used his perserverance in the Indy playoff game last year.

Ty Law was the only one worth making the extra effort to re-sign. It's a shame for both parties that Ty's huge ego and pea sized brain prevented it from happening. Maybe it was his cousin's fault. I dunno.
BB DID re-sign O.T.I.S. here.
Slade was a lousy LB, not worth having here. a good cut.
Anyone wanting that bad attitude, self important, over rated slacker Bruce Armstrong re-signed is deluded, along with Bledsoe.
I too missed Willie but he was not worth anything close to the dough.
Same with Andruzzi who did what he had to do for his career.

Probably Ty Law. He did and said some dumb things, but man could he play.

Yup, co-sign. I was a fan of Law since his Michigan days, and would've loved it if he could have remained on the team someway.

can I get a shout out for the undertaker?

Vincent Brown

(ole 55 is my personal choice though, and I sure as hell was sad to lose Plunkett and Curtis Martin in terms of all former Patriots players)

Willie Mac

although I love Ty Law's talent

Lawyer Milloy, no question .... To this day I still wonder the WHAT IF thing with him and Rodney in the same backfield and how BB was planning to use them. Wouldn't that have been some combo? Milloy is my all time favorite player.

That IS a fascinating speculation.
As a consequence, Eugene Wilson would have played CB too.

I wonder what other cap moves might have been made ... instead of this one mega-move?

But i blame Milloy, because i don't think the f/o was trying to CUT his pay ...
but was trying to defer a bunch, while guaranteeing some more.
Them Postons, though, must not like to re-structure at all.

I'll go with Wiggie from Eastie. Absolutely instrumental in the 2001-02 playoffs, and made the final catch setting up the kick that won our first Super Bowl win. 3rd in receptions by a tight end over the past three seasons behind Gates and Gonzalez, the guy is a true New Englander in more ways than one.

1.) Bruce Armstrong (It was time for him to retire, but a near Hall of Fame type of talent. I guess technically he wasn't cut, released, or not resigned but he was clearly pushed out the door to retire)
2.) McGinest
3.) Milloy (I know he tarnished his image after he left the team, but he was one of my favorite all time players for this team)
4.) Law (Ditto)
5.) Bledsoe (I was always a Bledsoe fan, but very glad we chose Brady over him. Alway though many fans gave him far too much crap)
6.) Branch (see Milloy)
7.) Bobby Hamilton (the guy was probably the most underrated player in the Pats' Super Bowl run)
8.) Andruzzi (the guy wasn't all that talented, but a classic overachiever)
9.) Givens

I don't know if I'd put Andruzzi down there. According to my, uh, sources, Andruzzi was already planning on leaving as early as August 2004.

A tie between WILLIE and Ty Law.

Ty Law and Milloy were my favorite players ..and Law is still 1 of my favorites even though he moved on but Law and Lawyer were beasts

The big three: Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy and Willie McGinnest.

Chris Slade's absence was disappointing. I thought he was a solid contributor, but maybe I was wrong.

Coates had his good years with the Pats and his time in Baltimore was below average.

Sad to see Bledsoe traded, but happy with that other QB... what is his name.... Tom?

Ty.

Then Willie.

Vinatieri. Should have retired with the Pats.

Has no one mentioned Ted Washington? Should get a mention, at least. And Deon, too.

Mark Edwards. Antowain Smith. There have been a lot of them, come to think of it. Jermain Wiggins. Grey Reugamer. Daniel Graham. Bobby Hamilton. Dedrick Ward. Tim Dwight. The roster has turned over so many times...

I'll start with Chris Slade. Not only was he a good pass rusher, but he had those funny Reebok commercials. Lawyer's a close second.

You mean Chris "HomeGame" Slade? He sucked his last 3 years here, and was less than useless on the road. He was both overrated and overpaid; I couldn't wait to see him gone.

http://www.footballdb.com/players/sladech01

1.) Bruce Armstrong (It was time for him to retire, but a near Hall of Fame type of talent. I guess technically he wasn't cut, released, or not resigned but he was clearly pushed out the door to retire)
2.) McGinest
3.) Milloy (I know he tarnished his image after he left the team, but he was one of my favorite all time players for this team)
4.) Law (Ditto)
5.) Bledsoe (I was always a Bledsoe fan, but very glad we chose Brady over him. Alway though many fans gave him far too much crap)
6.) Branch (see Milloy)
7.) Bobby Hamilton (the guy was probably the most underrated player in the Pats' Super Bowl run)
8.) Andruzzi (the guy wasn't all that talented, but a classic overachiever)
9.) Givens

1) I agree. Bruce could have been a teacher/backup fot Matt Light, and retired with a ring.

2) We sure could have used Willie, but just didn't have the cap room to pay him what he could make with Cleveland.

3) If the Postons had agreed to restructure, Milloy could have had 2 more rings.

4) No way Law should have been paid that final year's salary. Too bad he wants to take Hermie's money, instead of play for a winner.

5) Ty Warren for Drew Bledsoe. Nuff sed.

6) Eff Meion. He was under contract, and should have honored it. That being said, I would have kept him for the final 6 regular season games, plus playoffs. Who knows, he might have made the first-down on 3rd-and-4.

7) Absolutely spot-on. We let Bobby Hamilton leave, and then draft Marquise Hill? Terrible.

8) I agree here too. We could have afforded Andruzzi after Willie Mac and Law left; he would have provided backup at both guard spots, plus continuity and leadership.

9) Great WR for us, but out of (price) range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back