PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Michael Jordan in 1995 when he came back from retirement during midseason--physically he was in terrific shape, but the mental part of his game wasn't up to the level that he wanted. He tried too hard and forced the issue and wanted everything that made him the world's greatest athlete to magically reappear. The Orlando Magic beat the Bulls that year, and Jordan had a costly turnover against Nick Anderson that basically sealed the series. Jordan came back the next year with revenge and won 3 titles in a row.

Like Jordan or Tiger Woods, I can't imagine how many mental hurdles Brady is going through right now. He's been away from the game for a year--anger and helplessness are two things you obviously feel at this time. Brady probably still can't get the 2007 Super Bowl and 2006 AFCCG out of his head--as fans we can't. Even though Brady wont admit it, he wants to at least tie Montana in SBs before he retires--knowing the competitor that he is, Brady probably feels he should have 5 rings by now. Brady also has a contract negotiation in the near future--you also have to wonder how much that is weighing on his mind. Brady probably wants a fair deal and a more lucrative one than the one he signed before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye