PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

billdog3484

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless of how good the rest of the 52 is, we are going NOWHERE without brady stepping up to where he was prior to his knee injury

for the record, we dont need him to be the record setting 50TD pass QB of 2007, but we need him to be the quick thinking, quick releasing, accurate QB of years past.

anyways

Let's go TB, we need you

Something I've noticed differently about Brady this year is his demeanor on the field. He's been a bit theatrical on the field, kind of like a college kid--something I'm not accustomed to seeing--yelling at himself, calling out teammates, going off on the sidelines. I guess missing a year would alter the mental part of your game alot as well and make you perhaps try to hard. As for his performance, he's been forcing the issue at times--instead of taking what the defense gives you(ex. 7 yd slants and sideline catches), Brady wants the highlight rio of 2007 to just come back and all the prayers to be answered on the deep throws. I really think Brady is having mental battles letting go of 2007. This Pats team can be better if the balance is there--hopefully Brady accepts this, gets acquainted with Obrien, and gets back to being the silent assassin that he's been in the past.

Last edited:
Regardless of how good the rest of the 52 is, we are going NOWHERE without brady stepping up to where he was prior to his knee injury
Yeah, no way do we win 11 games without Brady.

And he is horrible. He even lost in Denver!!!!! No wonder you are upset.

Chill dude or dudette. He got better in every game he played except the last one. Two steps forward and one back and eventually you get to were you want to be.

Something I've noticed differently about Brady this year is his demeanor on the field. He's been a bit theatrical on the field, kind of like a college kid--something I'm not accustomed to seeing--yelling at himself, calling out teammates, going off on the sidelines. I guess missing a year would alter the mental part of your game alot as well and make you perhaps try to hard. As for his performance, he's been forcing the issue at times--instead of taking what the defense gives you(ex. 7 yd slants and sideline catches), Brady wants the highlight rio of 2007 to just come back and all the prayers to be answered on the deep throws. I really think Brady is having mental battles letting go of 2007. This Pats team can be better if the balance is there--hopefully Brady accepts this, gets acquainted with Obrien, and gets back to being the silent assassin that he's been in the past.

For those of us who follow the PGA Tour closely, I have seen the same type of behavior out of Tiger Woods. I've been to a couple of tourneys live and Tiger has become much more animated, sometimes boorish when things don't go his way. I dont think it's as simple to say that the singular corrallary is that they are both recovering from serious knee injuries, but I think the pressure they put on themselves to perform and the frustration that comes from not playing at the level that they were accustomed to prior to their respective injurues has no where to go but outward.

I mean, the pressure these guys are under, fans, millions of endorsement dollars, the league, sponsorships, etc. It's incredible. I think as fans we forget that sometimes.

I also think that from a personal standpoint, they now have other just-as- important parts of their lives (wives, kids, etc.) and that has to take away from the amount of time that they would have normally spend practicing or fine-tuning their respective games. For anyone who has had kids, you know what I mean.

Tiger has come around...So will Brady. Hes too driven...To determined to play at a stratospheric level. He'll figure it out. All the great ones too.

This is Frasier Crane.....Heres to good mental heath.:p

Last edited:
Let's go TB, we need you

Right now I thinks it's the opposite. Brady needs us to have his back, be patient and let the offence click again. He puts enough pressure on himself to perform and thats why he's so animated when it doesn't come off.

Last edited:

for the record, we dont need him to be the record setting 50TD pass QB of 2007, but we need him to be the quick thinking, quick releasing, accurate QB of years past.

anyways

Let's go TB, we need you

rah !
dog_cheerleading-12789.jpg

Right now I thinks it's the opposite. Brady needs us to have his back, be patient and let the offence click again. He puts enough pressure on himself to perform and thats why he's so animated when it doesn't come off.

Agreed. No matter how disappointed anyone is in Brady's play so far, no one is as disappointed as Tom is. His expectations far exceed any fans, and he doesn't allow himself to be content, even when he's playing well.

.............. Brady wants the highlight rio of 2007 to just come back ...............

What's wrong with Brady has nothing to do with anything that happened in Brazil.................;)

In response to the question in the thread:

"Not me."

Interesting way to put it... Brady may be trying too hard to keep up MSM (Manning Statistics Machine). Not sure I would put it that way; but interesting nontheless he sure is acting more immature than I expected.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Brady has nothing to do with anything that happened in Brazil.................;)

Perhaps it's a wax gone wrong?

The return of Superman starts Sunday....

Picture137.jpg

I agree the rest of the 52 are complimentary pieces at best. The key to the Pats is Brady and thus far this season, Brady's focus and accuracy have been pitiful.

Is he pressing? Probably.

Is he fully healed from the knee injury? Probably not.

Does he appear distracted and not focused? Most definitely.

Brady needs to quit blaming is receivers, coaches and anybody else in town that day and start attacking defenses with what the defenses give him. Quit looking to only Moss and/or Welker and take what the defense gives you. Check downs are opens. TE crossing routes are open. Brady needs to stress the defense over the length and width of the field.

His accuracy has been horrible. If he doesn't get it together, all is lost.

Maybe BB needs to call Gisele and have her threaten him with divorce if he doesn't get his act together.

anyways

Let's go TB, we need you

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Last edited:

anyways

Let's go TB, we need you[/QUOTE

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

LMAO

Nothings over until we say it is !

In response to the question in the thread:

"Not me."

Ditto.

I am not about to write off the defense's impact at this point, which is the implication if the team stands or falls on Brady's ability to hit deep passes. I am confident that Brady will hit those passes, but I also expect this young defense will continue to improve as well, meaning Brady should not have to carry the team.

Tom Brady has lost his mojo...Bill Belichick has lost his mojo...Junior Seau has lost his mojo...Moss has lost his mojo because he doesn't make Champ Bailey look like Ellis Hobbs. Dean Pees had no mojo to begin with. This is a mojo-less team. How they got to 3-2 is beyond me, they should be 0-13 right now.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back