PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

who's the next randall gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
we all of course know that randall gay was an undrafted free agent pickup by the pats

so, is there a randall gay in this yrs bunch?

id say if there is its prob freddie roach
or maybe pierre woods

time will tell

I think I will pull for Vernell Brown.

I'm pulling for Freddie - - would love to see lots of "Roach Clips"!

Another vote for the big sleeper would be someone who was actually on an NFL team last year (didn't play) but, after finding out about him here on this board last week and reading his info, I can't wait to see him unleashed - - Wesley Britt.

shmessy said:
I'm pulling for Freddie - - would love to see lots of "Roach Clips"!

Another vote for the big sleeper would be someone who was actually on an NFL team last year (didn't play) but, after finding out about him here on this board last week and reading his info, I can't wait to see him unleashed - - Wesley Britt.
I was excited about him last year, but after Rosie's glowing reviews during the season (when he credited a lot of his rushing improvement to practicing against Britt) I got reallllly excited. This guy has the potential to be a monster.

By the way, I'm pulling for VBrown too. Looks like a hell of a kid, high character, smart as a whip, super hard worker. Reminds me a lot of Blue.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I was excited about him last year, but after Rosie's glowing reviews during the season (when he credited a lot of his rushing improvement to practicing against Britt) I got reallllly excited. This guy has the potential to be a monster.

By the way, I'm pulling for VBrown too. Looks like a hell of a kid, high character, smart as a whip, super hard worker. Reminds me a lot of Blue.

Words right out of my mouth!!!:agree: :ditto:

Roach is the favorite, but keep your eye on Keon Jackson.

Freddie Roach gets my vote to make the 53-man team

talk about stockpiling talent

patsfan55 said:
we all of course know that randall gay was an undrafted free agent pickup by the pats
so, is there a randall gay in this yrs bunch?
id say if there is its prob freddie roach
or maybe pierre woods
time will tell

wow.
roach, woods, brown, britt, jackson. these are all really accomplished, talented college players.
i dunno how many players BB/SP can keep/hide on practice rosters, even hot-bunking them. these guys look to have at least as much potential as wesley mallard, bam phillips, michael mcgrew, jeff roehl, zuriel smith.
seems like zuriel smith and roehl may have fallen out of favor with coughlin and parcells, respectively.
amazing the caliber of players who are on the fringes of the nfl.
patriots TC is gonna be outrageously competitive.
as for randall 'blue' gay, he weathered deaths, injuries, depression throughout college. seems lou saban had his eye on him since gay was a HS RB. IMO when randall wasn't drafted, saban 'guided' gay to BB, where he would at least be looked at, not kept on the fringe. weknowtherest.
freddie and vernell are the 2 i'll be following. brown looks like a dante hall type, one of those speed-of-light KRs. he could score some TDs and become a cult figure by thanksgiving.

Problably whoever that seventh rounder we got is.

But lets hope it doesn come down to having Troy Brown and our next Randall Gay as the starters.

Last edited:
Before everyone gets too carried away, remember - even before these UDFAs were signed we ALREADY had to cut 25 players to get to the 53 man roster !! !! !! Don't hold your breath.

On the other hand, it seems like about one player a year makes the team as an UDFA:
00 - Paxton
01 - Neal
02 - (none)
03 - Mruczkowski
04 - Gay, Alexander
05 - Wright (Childress, McGrew, Spann, Thomas, Ventrone)
.......Likely no more than 1 player from 05 will make the roster - if any
.......Most are still eligible to complete for practice squad slots vs 06 rookies and 06 UDFA

Vernell Brown and Gemara Williams both look possible with both CBs racking up 60+ tackles last year which looks good for their Special Teams potential.

Corey Mays played very well in the Hula Bowl, I can see him replacing Eric Alexander as the borderline ILB.

I like Roach, Venell, Andrews and Pierre. Pierre was a first day pick coming into last years college football season. He was a great recruit out of high school, who never played up to his potential at Michigan. Could be a solid pass rushing OLB in the 3-4.

I am curious to see Sam Smith SS/LB Delaware St. He transferred from William Penn and sat out 2003. He was elected captain of the 2004 team and again in 2005. 1-AA All American with over 200 tackles in his two tears at Delaware St. 13.5 sacks as a Sr LB. Small for a LB, would like to see him as a SS.

Anyone notice we have 4 rookies that play SS ... hedging our bet in case Harrison can't start until week 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back