PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's The Next Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoughingthePasser

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I've been seeing threads on possible additions to the team.
Who do you think we'll get?

Our biggest need right now is depth at DB. Troy Vincent or Ahmad Carroll would be on my wishlist, though it'll likely be some no name street free agent ;)

Last edited:
The timimg of a Troy V aquisition would be great

it will definetly be someone completly under the radar. Kinda like a rangall gay signing. We're all gonna wonder who the guy is and hes gonna make some amazing play.

I want Troy Vincent on the Pats.

Joey Porter?
I just saw that posted....

1 more quality LB?????

Why not!

RoughingthePasser said:
Joey Porter?
I just saw that posted....

1 more quality LB?????

Why not!

Joey Porter is not going anywhere, he'll be a Steeler for a long time.

Jerry Porter is a disgruntled WR on the outs with Shell in Oakland but at this stage I think the Patriots are going to focus on the WRs they have. Gabriel seems to be panning out as a decent #1, Jackson is an intriguiging prospect with a lot of catching up to do, Reche and Brown provide a decent veteran presence.

Adding Porter or some other WR would only hamper the development of Gabriel and Jackson something that will be paying dividends as we draw closer to the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots take a flyer on Ahmad Carroll at all but he is the Green Bay version of Jimmy Hitch****.

Cousin Vinny

i think ahmad carroll is our best option - vincent is great, but he's getting up there in age, carroll could potentially help us for years.

Lockdown06 said:
i think ahmad carroll is our best option - vincent is great, but he's getting up there in age, carroll could potentially help us for years.

Perhaps, but Vincent has been GOOD for years and Carroll, while young, can't even crack the Packers 53. I'll take Vincent. We KNOW he can play, if healthy.

patsox23 said:
Perhaps, but Vincent has been GOOD for years and Carroll, while young, can't even crack the Packers 53. I'll take Vincent. We KNOW he can play, if healthy.

I dont deny vincent is very good - but look at the kinds of free agents the pats generally try to go for - middle of teh road semi-unknown free agents with their best years ahead of them (i.e. mike vrabel, colvin) - while i don't deny that definitely the pats will go after older, talented players at well (Seau, Dillon) i just think from the point of view of the front office, carroll might be the better player to take a chance on at this point - keep in mind, if we get EITHER of these guys i'd be very happy.

Lockdown06 said:

How about Ahmad Rashad?

Or Wesley Carroll?

Or Vinnie Vincent?

Or Wesley Snipes?

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Wesley Snipes?

Wesley Snipes looked pretty good in Wildcats, but that was 20 years ago. I think he's lost a step.

Hank Poteat, he'll be released then signed again

Last edited:
I say move Wilson to full time CB and keep Hawkins full-time FS. Scott, Poteat, Hobbs/Samuel are your CB/Safties. The Pats need a burner out there to keep up with the other team's speed guys. Carrol is that guy but needs to regain his confidence. Vincent was a solid corner, but doesn't have that all -out speed, but is very physical in bump and run coverage.

RoughingthePasser said:
I've been seeing threads on possible additions to the team.
Who do you think we'll get?

Randy Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes