PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's the best wide reciever in your eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did Moss have throwing to him in Minnesota? Cunningham? Culpepper? Delhomme is in the same class as those two. Smith has scored more than 8 TD's in a season just once in his career. Moss has done it 6 times. Hell, Moss scored 8TDs in his first year in Oakland with a scrub throwing him the ball and it was considered a bad year for him, LOL! Seriously, Stevie Smith is a nice little player, but Randy Moss is just on another planet. It's like comparing Dirk Nowitzki to Larry Bird. Let's get real.

Agreed, Moss is possibly the most physically talented wide receiver ever to play the game. EVER.

Just for the sake of adding a new name, I'd say Andre Johnson has to be considered near the top. Obviously Smith, Moss, and Owens have been better for longer, but if he is healthy I think AJ is right there with them.

Andre Johnson is the best wide receiver in the game. Moss is undoubtedly the most physically talented, and guys like Harrison, Johnson, TO, Plax, and Smith bring alot to the table as well. But Andre Johnson is incredible; give the man a real QB (like Schaub) and he's a superstar.

Last edited:
I will go with Moss because he is having the best season. However, imagine if Steve Smith had the chance to play with Tom Brady? Smith would be right up there with Moss. Smith can do it all, someone I would like to see in a Pats uniform.

The other interesting part of the question is what position at reciever are we talking about? Split end? Flanker? Slot? In what situation do you want said reciever? Certain routes call for blow by you linear speed, others require short-area burst, others require agility. I think that if I had to take three guys for the roles, I would take Roy Williams at split end, Randy Moss at Flanker, and Steve Smith out of the slot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back