Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who's the best pres. candidate in the othe party?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +472 / 18 / -17

Who would have the best chance of winning your vote, if you were to vote for a presidential candidate from the "other" party. For instance, though it's unlikely I would support him, I think Guiliani is the best of the Republicans. If Colin Powell ran, however, I would honestly consider voting for him.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Romney looks like a President

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +699 / 20 / -30

I am not enamored with any candidate from either party, and all the folks in contention are not who I want to be president, I hope this election will afford us a real choice not a lesser of two evils thing again.

McCain.... not sure about him he looks like he is all over the place
    Guiliani.... too many skeletons in the closet, does not look like a party of family values guy to me
    Clinton... do not like her
    Gore... do not like him, he will put most of to sleep...needs serious pizzazzing, like his view of the environment though
    Barack... not enough experience

Hopefully there is someone out there who can be a positive president candidate and will bring integrity and honesty to the position.

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

He will not make it, I am sure there are plenty of people who share your mormon bigotry.

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +695 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I'm basically like you, I don't see a strong candidate anywhere.

Obama is the wildcard, of course, but I think his lack of experience and his race (just telling it like it is) will work against him. No on Clinton. Ick. Maybe Algore, he can at least (legitimitely) claim the popular vote in 2000 and can look back at what he would have done in the middle east without having to have done it.

6. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Obama, Clinton, Rice, and Romney are all out because America still has too many biggots. Obama has the biggest problem, there are too many white men who would see it as the ultimate insult to have a black man telling them what to do. Clinton would probably be sunk even if she became a man for election purposes. Rice has race and gender against her, and Romney would probably have better luck with non-religeous voters than he would with his conservative "base".

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Didn't say it would, I said "He Looks Like A President"

I hope Mother Hillary and the new "Democrat GOD" Obama get nominated, what a pair that would be :singing:

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

See, I disagree about race disqualifying someone hands down. I do think that race is clearly an obstacle & issue, but not the X factor that some might think. Why? Well, if Colin Powell ran, I could easily see him winning. I think Obama's issue is that he is a black Dem, and is very inexperienced. To win, a black would be better served to be a Republican. Being so would mean he/she would recieve the percieved racist party vote, and would also receive the Dem voters who would love the "diversity" or progress angle of having a black president. See, I think GOP voters would be petrified of a black Dem president and a Dem senate and House. That would certainly motivate the GOP base.

Just my two cents.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +699 / 20 / -30

Of all the folks so far, Colin Powell appears to be a fairly honest man who understands war, I do not know much about his position on other things. He would be more of a uniter than a divider, needs a strong running mate(they all do), but all of the names mentioned seems most palatible even though he is a Republican. This could easily change if his position on other things are extreme, but if he is a moderate republican he might be a good choice.

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +472 / 18 / -17

I don't think a black person could win the Republican primary. Of course, if someone like Colin Powell managed to do just that, he would stand a very good chance in the general election. Remember, the Republicans won the South by directly appealing to the racist whites specifically Reagan launched his campaign in Philadelphia, MS, known only for the murder of 3 civil rights workers, and then want on to make ludicrous claims about "welfare queens" driving Cadillacs and so on.

11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

Bull**** Patters! The domocrats have just as many racist and bigots as the Republicans do. For every white person that would vote for the white canidate running against, lets say Obama, there is a black person who would vote for him just because he is black.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Exactly.

Patters, a black could easily win the GOP nomination. Collin Powell surely would, or could. I certainly would consider him, although I'd have to know his positions first.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Issues withstanding, I agree. Obviously, his stand on specific issues would make or break him, but in general, I think alot of people would be very interested in him as a candidate.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

A Black Person and a White Person are running for the same office:
    The results come in.

90% of White People in white districts vote for the White Candidate, Liberals and many left wing media call this result "Racism"

100% of Black People in Black districts vote for the Black Candidate, Liberals and many left wing media call this result "Progress"

That is real Racism and also shows the kind of screwed up sappy thinking of the left wing liberal politically correct do-gooder.

There has been much said in the news lately of the Show Biz Racists, last night there was a piece on the O'Rielly show about a Black Professor that has said "All White People Should Be Exterminated" haven't seen a thing about in the news.

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

16. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So is anyone suggesting this guy's NOT racist? Then we'd see a double standard, but in the meantime this guy's just another little Hitler wannabe.

It'd be nice if Sharpon or Jackson condemned him, but we know they're one trick ponies.

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Did anyone see the Situation Room on CNN last night? They hada piece about the latest Gallup Poll (Nov 27-29) that asked people about the presidential election in 2008. I saw a portion of the report, and they said that as of right now, the two GOP guys rate the highest, McCain & Giuliani, with Giuliani polling the best between both registered parties. McCain polled well enough with both Dems and repubs, but had a fairly high enough "enfavorable" number to warrant concern. Hillary rated ok with Dems, but still had a considerable unfavorable among them too. One figure I remember distinctly, was that 87% of registered repubs found Hillary unelectable, while 57% (might have been 67%) said the same of Obama. I've been scouring the net to find the poll results, but unfortunately, they are unavailable, and you have to subscribe to gallup to get them. John Kerry was favorable to something like 11% of voters. Newt Gingrich was unfavorable to something like 85% of repubs. It was a very interesting piece. Hoepfully in time, the results will be available for everyone.

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +472 / 18 / -17

While there are certainly bigots in the Democratic Party, more than 90% of blacks support Democrats, and that's because the Democratic Party is perceived as doing a better job representing their interests. You might want to look at this race, where the Republicans put up a moderate black and the Democrats had a slightly more liberal white candidate for Senate:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/MD/S/01/epolls.0.html

Remember, the Republican Party fought against equal opportunity, failed to adequately help the people of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, appointed judges who are against policies designed to desegregate the workplace, cut back on programs that benefit the poor who are disproportionately black, made laws that that have not only put a disproportionate number of blacks in prison, but have cut back on their legal representation and have denied them the right to vote after committing a felony. In addition, racial profiling, which blacks believe because of first-hand experience is treated with utter disdain by Republicans, while most Democrats are more sympathetic to the issue. But, please present evidence that there are as many bigots in the Democratic Party as in the Republican.

19. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This is the best part of any conversation that goes like this, Patters. Now he's going to tell you that blacks like Democrats because they're all lazy and know the Democrats will give them free handouts. Then he'll claim that he's not a racist and that the real racists are Democrats.

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

[​IMG]