PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's playing the Nickel next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossed

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The Giants have three good but not great receivers, and they like to play 3-wide single back quite a bit, which means we'll see our fair share of Nickel on D.

You have to hope it's not Moulden who will be seeing the snaps based on what we saw today.

I thought Sergio Brown looked alright today, but he's not much of a man to man guy. I think odds are it's Brown in the Nickel with more of a zone look and less blitzing, seeing as Eli is not the most accurate and can be baited into some errant throws.

Other than that who do we have? Adams? Didn't really notice him once he came on which is good for the most part, but given his pedigree (or lack thereof) it's hard to have much confidence in him.

As bad as things might seem right now, as long as we contain Bradshaw / Jacobs and don't blow any assignments I think we should be alright defensively next week. Hopefully the same can be said for our OL too, and we should bounce back against the Giants and get the W.

I missed a lot of the game, but I've heard that Adams was much better than Molden. I know a lot of SF fans are angry that they released Adams, because he apparently showed promise before a brutal injury that left him limited for a while. He'd be my pick.

I missed a lot of the game, but I've heard that Adams was much better than Molden. I know a lot of SF fans are angry that they released Adams, because he apparently showed promise before a brutal injury that left him limited for a while. He'd be my pick.

Adams wasn't really tested from what I saw, but Moulden just looked awful out there. Out of position, bad technique, no ball awareness... I don't know how he made this team over Darius Butler. Heck I'd be happy cutting him and signing Deltha O'neil right now.

Does it matter which one of our scrubs we choose to play nickel?

Last edited:
Will Eli take five and seven step drops?...or will he, like Rothlisberger,today, morph into a three step drop,hit the WR between 6/8 yards. and throw 50-55 times?

I don't think Coughlin is going to anything different than what I saw today....run, run, pass out of the pocket, take shots downfield a few times, utilize ball control and win the time of possession battle.

Will Eli take five and seven step drops?...or will he, like Rothlisberger,today, morph into a three step drop,hit the WR between 6/8 yards. and throw 50-55 times?

I don't think Coughlin is going to anything different than what I saw today....run, run, pass out of the pocket, take shots downfield a few times, utilize ball control and win the time of possession battle.

This will be a big week as far as defensive preparation goes. Over the last two weeks, I don't think the Pats were preparing for the Steelers to take the quick, pocket passing approach. Otherwise we wouldn't have been hearing about how they were starting Slater 2 yards past the line of scrimmage to simulate Wallace's speed on deep routes. Now, there's no excuse to not be prepared. Time to see how they react.

Until then, I know it's going to be a long week, both for the players in the film room and on the practice field and for the posters here that don't think the defense completely and utterly sucks.

The Giants don't have Wallace. They won't be able to force the Patriots into the same defense.

So....... Does anyone know if Ellis Hobbs has stayed in shape?

Molden, Adams , me , you don't matter. Whoever they put in don't belong there lol.

I have been thinking about who to draft next year.

Then I remembered Wheatley, Wilhite, Butler and Dowling.

Maybe we should sign a veteran FA.

Then I remembered Delta O'Neil , Bodden, and Shaun Springs.

I think I would rather have a 40+ year old Ty Law and Rodney Harrison
on a rascal scooter.....

If only to help our ******* return game.
Honestly, I can't recall the last time we've gone beyond the 30 yard line.
I'll leave my rant for special teams for another day, I guess, but I've noticed a drop off since Brad Seely left...

-Jamman

I bet some fans on here would even settle for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hobbs :D

Don't even get me going on that one. I hated the move then, and felt as though he could certainly still contribute to the team on some level.

Most will disagree with me, and the point is mute now anyway, so we'll move on.

If Belichick knew about the Dowling and Bodden situation last week, why didn't he make a move before the trade deadline?

Now I'm turning into one of "those" posters :eek:

Don't even get me going on that one. I hated the move then, and felt as though he could certainly still contribute to the team on some level.

Most will disagree with me, and the point is mute now anyway, so we'll move on.

If Belichick knew about the Dowling and Bodden situation last week, why didn't he make a move before the trade deadline?

Now I'm turning into one of "those" posters :eek:

Thats ok, we're all a little stressed, and posting "those" things. :D
and for the record, I didnt like that move either. I felt at the least, we had a good return man, and some decent depth at cb. Which is exactly how i felt about sanders this year. If BB likes Sergio better, fine, but Sanders provided experienced depth......Im stopping now before I say something i'll regret :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back