PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's playing MLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Is it Collins? If so, is he ready for it. He looked solid taking over against the Bills and can cover the field well, but not as physical and good against the run as your typical MLB in a 4-3.

Is it Collins? If so, is he ready for it. He looked solid taking over against the Bills and can cover the field well, but not as physical and good against the run as your typical MLB in a 4-3.
I think Hightower will be in the middle on first and second down.

I doubt we play much 43. I think we have Skinner and Collins inside and Hightower WOLB and either Jones or Nink SOLB depending on formation.

We may also use the big 34 this week, at least early when the Jets could be running a lot.

Really hope we dont make Hightower pick up Mayo's role he's been much better back in his old spot.

Really hope we dont make Hightower pick up Mayo's role he's been much better back in his old spot.
I think in sub he will be playing a role similar to Mayo's but in the base, Skinner will be in Mayo's spot.
Hightower is the most versatile front 7 player we have. My concern is that no Mayo in sub packages will limit how many ways we can use Hightower.

Skinner or White. Last year settled down when Dane Fletcher took over MLB and Hightower got back outside. Do we have to repeat the experiment? Let's plug in our best option in the middle and leave everyone else alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes