PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's not back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AzPatsFan said:
Hmmm... Dillon went for a 4.4 average today when we started yet another O-line with Ashworth getting a start. Starks played injured when others couldn't/wouldn't; Stone has passed Izzo in ST tackles in less than half a season; Adam is still Mr. Reliable; Neal is a future probowl guard; Givens and Neal are the only FA starters unsigned, and you don't think they will sign either one?

You certainly have a kinds of warped view.

I agree that Troy is probably done but not if Givens leaves. Klecko is skating on very thin ice. Chad Brown can probably stay as a spot OLB to allow Willie a rest evry once in a while. Izzo and Davis are in trouble if you ask me.. Fauria's contract is up and so is he.

Klecko is not skating on thin ice. There is no ice, and he has no skates...he is dog paddling until the lifeguard gets there.

There is no need for him to even come to training camp...a complete waste of a roster spot.

Givens is gone, just like Patten

Vinaterri, will be back, if not there is something wrong...

The Gr8est said:
Klecko is not skating on thin ice. There is no ice, and he has no skates...he is dog paddling until the lifeguard gets there.

There is no need for him to even come to training camp...a complete waste of a roster spot.
Agreed. Klecko is gone.

Klecko may make it back if we don't draft or sign a backup NT for Vince. Though he is small he is basically all we got. Mike Wright and Santonio Thomas?

Last edited:
nickw308810 said:
Klecko may make it back if we don't draft or sign a backup NT for Vince. Though he is small he is basically all we got. Mike Wright and Santonio Holmes?
I actually think Holmes could be capable. I read his draft report and it wasn't half bad. Wright is gone likely.

Forgot say goodbye to Bethal Johnson....

BelichickFan said:
Yeah, if he is done, and he really may be hurt more than we know, they could decline the option, suck up the one year and not have a bonus to spread out over the later years. One more expensive year then whack him. But hopefully he really was hurt and will be better next year.

The fact that he was hurt all year is the very essence of the problem with backs over 30. They begin to break down and break down frequently. It's the way it goes. Considering that, I don't think it would be wise to enter 2006 with Dillon as the No.1 option at RB. Clearly Faulk is not the answer either.

Sadly, I think Troy Brown.

Klecko, Givens, Starks, C. Brown, Bethel Johnson.

drewdagreat said:
Isn't Givens an RFA?

No, Givens will be an UFA. He will be one of the two best available wideouts.

drewdagreat said:
Isn't Givens an RFA?

2006 FREE AGENTS

New England: WR David Givens; G Stephen Neal; OT Tom Ashworth; WR Tim Dwight; WR Troy Brown; QB Doug Flutie; FB Heath Evans; RB Mike Cloud; WR Andre' Davis; TE Christian Fauria; S Michael Stone; LB Matt Chatham; CB Hank Poteat; LB Don Davis; K Adam Vinatieri; CB Chad Scott; WR Cedric James.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2006freeagents.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back