PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's not back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPatriot

Banned
Reaction score
As I looked at the shot of the bench, I couldn't help wonder who's played their last game as a Pat?

Atlanta Patsfan said:
As I looked at the shot of the bench, I couldn't help wonder who's played their last game as a Pat?
T Brown, Givens, Venetieri,Neal,Starks,Klecko,Stone,C Brown, Evans, AND YES POSSIBLY COREY DILLON unless he restructures. There is no way he gets that bonus.

KDPpatsfan said:
AND YES POSSIBLY COREY DILLON unless he restructures. There is no way he gets that bonus.
Yes there is because if he doesn't his salary is $6M GUARANTEED.

KDPpatsfan said:
T Brown, Givens, Venetieri,Neal,Starks,Klecko,Stone,C Brown, Evans, AND YES POSSIBLY COREY DILLON unless he restructures. There is no way he gets that bonus.

I agree with almost everyone but Vinatieri. My guess is they'll sign him soon.

No way

KDPpatsfan said:

There is no way Venetari isn't back. Neil wii be resigned rest maybe

BelichickFan said:
Yes there is because if he doesn't his salary is $6M GUARANTEED.
I'm saying I think they say "restructure or get cut"

hey

IrvingFryarIsMyBabyDaddy said:
...about 60,000 bandwagon jumpers who just became Colts fans about a half an hour ago

Go away

:trolls:

I would say that Vinatieri comes back. I hope that Kevin Faulk gets the boot out (cannot stand him), Givens will be most likely paid (on another team like the Browns or Dolphins or even Jets). Troy Brown needs to go. Chad Brown also. Flutie gone. I don't want another season of Dillon if his stats are the same from here on out (no way).

Beioli HAS to address the running back position better next year imo.

Last edited:
Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
I would say that Vinatieri comes back. I hope that Kevin Faulk gets the boot out (cannot stand him), Givens will be most likely paid. Troy Brown needs to go. Chad Brown also. Flutie gone. I don't want another season of Dillon if his stats are the same from here on out (no way).

Beioli HAS to address the running back position better next year imo.
I LOVE KEVIN FAULK. He just needs to not be used between the tackles EVER.

I forgot about Flutie lol..that shows how relevant he is.

Last edited:
KDPpatsfan said:
I'm saying I think they say "restructure or get cut"
That's fine but if they cut him they have to pay him $6M and it counts towards the cap.

BelichickFan said:
That's fine but if they cut him they have to pay him $6M and it counts towards the cap.
Are you sure about that? I thought the contract he signed was basically a two year contract...

Hmmm... Dillon went for a 4.4 average today when we started yet another O-line with Ashworth getting a start. Starks played injured when others couldn't/wouldn't; Stone has passed Izzo in ST tackles in less than half a season; Adam is still Mr. Reliable; Neal is a future probowl guard; Givens and Neal are the only FA starters unsigned, and you don't think they will sign either one?

You certainly have a kinds of warped view.

I agree that Troy is probably done but not if Givens leaves. Klecko is skating on very thin ice. Chad Brown can probably stay as a spot OLB to allow Willie a rest evry once in a while. Izzo and Davis are in trouble if you ask me.. Fauria's contract is up and so is he.

AzPatsFan said:
Hmmm... Dillon went for a 4.4 average today when we started yet another O-line with Ashworth getting a start. Starks played injured when others couldn't/wouldn't; Stone has passed Izzo in ST tackles in less than half a season; Adam is still Mr. Reliable; Neal is a future probowl guard; Givens and Neal are the only FA starters unsigned, and you don't think they will sign either one?

You certainly have a kinds of warped view.

I agree that Troy is probably done but not if Givens leaves. Klecko is skating on very thin ice. Chad Brown can probably stay as a spot OLB to allow Willie a rest evry once in a while. Izzo and Davis are in trouble if you ask me.. Fauria's contract is up and so is he.
Kudos to Starks for playing hurt but he sucks. Stone can stay only for ST, Adam I would love but he will want WAY more $ than any kicker should be paid,Neal will NEVER sniff a pro bowl (you weren;t really serious were you?) and Givens is welcome for reasonable $.

KDPpatsfan said:
Are you sure about that? I thought the contract he signed was basically a two year contract...
From Miguel's page :

"April 13, 2005 update Adamjt13 reported that "Dillon got a $3 million renegotiation bonus, so his cap number for this year was lowered to $2,151,160. Next year, along with his $3 million salary, he has a $3 million option bonus. If the option isn't exercised, his salary goes to $6 million and is guaranteed."

KDPpatsfan said:
Neal will NEVER sniff a pro bowl (you weren't really serious were you?)
Neal is another I'd like back but he disappointed me this year with his number of penaltes and lookout blocks.

BelichickFan said:
From Miguel's page :

"April 13, 2005 update Adamjt13 reported that "Dillon got a $3 million renegotiation bonus, so his cap number for this year was lowered to $2,151,160. Next year, along with his $3 million salary, he has a $3 million option bonus. If the option isn't exercised, his salary goes to $6 million and is guaranteed."
Ouch. That's a tough position to be in for the Pats. How could they have know he would drop so far so fast though? Oh well..a six million dollar short yardage back for a year I guess.

KDPpatsfan said:
Ouch. That's a tough position to be in for the Pats. How could they have know he would drop so far so fast though? Oh well..a six million dollar short yardage back for a year I guess.
Yeah, if he is done, and he really may be hurt more than we know, they could decline the option, suck up the one year and not have a bonus to spread out over the later years. One more expensive year then whack him. But hopefully he really was hurt and will be better next year.

Kevin Faulk might not be back, but I would guess he restructures. Heath Evans will probably also be a casulty. Matt Chatham, Larry Izzo, Don Davis, someone has to go out of those 3. Wasting too many spots on people who can't actually play defense. Our injured CB trio of Starks, Chad Scott, and Poole might be gone as well. WR Troy Brown, Tim Dwight, Bethel Johnson, and Andre Davis might all be on their way out. A few of our OL could get cut, but if we don't draft any replacements they will be on the team again because they do a decent job. We need a major cleaning house of backups to keep at the level we have been at.

nickw308810 said:
Kevin Faulk might not be back, but I would guess he restructures. Heath Evans will probably also be a casulty. Matt Chatham, Larry Izzo, Don Davis, someone has to go out of those 3. Wasting too many spots on people who can't actually play defense. Our injured CB trio of Starks, Chad Scott, and Poole might be gone as well. WR Troy Brown, Tim Dwight, Bethel Johnson, and Andre Davis might all be on their way out. A few of our OL could get cut, but if we don't draft any replacements they will be on the team again because they do a decent job. We need a major cleaning house of backups to keep at the level we have been at.
Chad Scott actually didn't look half bad when he played...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes