PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think BB and co are done with FA yet?
Anyone you think they may be still after

We won't know how much cap space we have until contract details are released, but I imagine we are pretty close to done a) we've our filled major holes (well, they weren't even holes as much as areas in need of upgrade) b) we need to have cap space left for draft picks and mid-season reinforcements.

Last edited:
How much cap is left?????Maybe vet QB????I just loving the FA we have now....GO PATS!!!!!:rocker:

I think they are done with FA's this year. The Patskrieg of yesterday was well planned out and if they had someone else in mind, I think they would have addressed it yesterday.

I don't think we see any more FA's and no more major news on players until the draft.

The one exception to major player news is I think the signing and money thrown around yesterday opens up the idea to me that the Pats will work out a long term deal for Asante. I didn't think so prior to yesterday, but now I think it gets done before the draft.

Don't be so concerned about cap space. Look what the Redskins do.

We can always tweak some contracts to get cap room for our draft picks.

I would love to see Donnie Edwards. with a LB core of Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas, Edwards, Bruschi

Then focus on the draft on secondary. I have a gut feeling they are going OT with one of their first round choices.

I would love to see Donnie Edwards. with a LB core of Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas, Edwards, Bruschi

Then focus on the draft on secondary. I have a gut feeling they are going OT with one of their first round choices.

That would be nice, and another Wr too...

Once the Thomas, Welker, and Morris contracts are applied, we're probably looking at $8-12 million in cap space left.

Luxemburg is next to go
Then who knows -- maybe Monaco?
We'll try to stay serene and calm
When Jerry Falwell gets the bomb!

Who's next? Who's next? Who's NEXT?????

-- Tom Lehrer

Seriously -- one or two more vet LBs, and then one has to wonder whether other needs (especially at DB) wouldn't best be met via the draft.

In today`s Boston Globe BB said they are not done .
There is still more work to be done.

Once the Thomas, Welker, and Morris contracts are applied, we're probably looking at $8-12 million in cap space left.

And of that, you'd have to allocate bout 5 mill for draft picks and emergency mid-season signings, right?

In today`s Boston Globe BB said they are not done .
There is still more work to be done.

Yes. Plural FAs still to come, although one is obviously Welker.

BB&SP are on fire....I can smell victory in our way coming....

Gotta think they are targeting another vet LB. There were hot rumors in SD last preseason that Pats were trading for Donnie Edwards. I would be infinitely pleased if they signed him.

If Troy retires, I see another vet WR coming in on the cheap. Nothing flashy though. Wouldn't mind seeing Joe Horn if he doesn't get any takers. Say what you will about the cell phone, dude has been a warrior and playmaker.

I think they might go after DBs in the draft. BB has a much better track record with drafting DBs than any other position IMO. Only day 1 bust I can think of OTTOMH is Brock Williams, and really it was injuries that did him in.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Justin Gage?

I'd like to see them sign Edwards and Seau, and then we would have a nice rotation of LBs going in and out, and won't have to worry about anyone tiring out... I hear one of the Colts DBs is in FA, Nick Harper, I believe, he's solid and reliable, haven't heard anything about a team interested in him...

terrible?

Gimme Stallworth,forget Welker

or trade for a WR with a first and try to get a great WR

Stallworth is injury prone... Flashes of brillance, then the next play hurts himself and is out for several games/season... Naw, no Stallworth... What about Horn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes