Who's Hot/Who's Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
HOT:
Matt Cassel - plays another near perfect game. The interception really wasn't his fault. Showed a deft touch on the ball on several passes.

Randy Moss / Wes Welker - Moss gets 8 for 125 with 3 TDs. Welker gets 8 for 120 and continues his streak of receptions.

Kick Off Coverage : After several weeks of terrible coverage, the addition of Vince Redd and the return of Ray Ventrone gave this unit a boost. They limit Ted Ginn to 19 yards per return.

NOT:
Matt Light - Gets ejected after fighting with Channing Crowder.

Stephen Neal / Tedy Bruschi - Both drew personal fouls for late hits.

Jabar Gaffney - Dropped 2 very catchable balls and they offset his 5 for 88 yard performance.

Sammy Morris - 8 rushes for 35 yards, but a costly fumble that let to 7 Miami points.

Re: Who's Hot / Who's Not

mmmm, Gaffney made up for his early drop I think. Pissed me off at first but he had a good game and got really good separation over the middle a few times.

Re: Who's Hot / Who's Not

:cool:Cassel is going to make tons of money....I think he is going to make FA....I am glad for Cassel......GO PATS!!!!:D

Who's also Hot:
The OL - you don't score 48 offensive points & gain > 500 yards w/o good overall blocking.

The DL - they limited the doofins wildcat production & their running game in general.

Kevin Faulk - the Energizer Bunny: what more can be said? What a smart, versatile weapon, with a terrific pair of hands.

BJGE - where has he been the last 2 games? He comes in and produces, even though the doofins know that he's getting the ball. I loved that final FU TD. FU, Porter, FU.

Who's also Not:
the OL - too many thoughtless penalties.

The (Non) Pass Rush - Vrabel & Woods did not, and will not, get the job done.

The Secondary - too many cushions, too many completions on 3rd/long, and too much YAC, due partially - if not primarily - to (more) missed tackles. At least they had 1 INT, which was all the Offense needed, thankfully.

Matt Slater - WTF was he doing lined-up at WR? Oh yeah, he was dropping the only pass thrown to him. I'd rather see Bubba at WR for one play instead. I'd rather see Bubba at Safety than Slater, too. The FO moved UP in the 5th round to draft this JAG? ******ed.

Punt/KO returns - yawn. Not even one return that could remotely be described as scintillating.

Watching the highlights just now on NFL Network, I am tired of seeing Tedy Bruschi flailing in the air as another guy scores a passing TD who he was covering.

how does Wilfork not make the hot list? I mean when he wasn't clogging the lanes, he was intimidating the OL into false starts and holding penalties.

HOT:
Matt Cassel - plays another near perfect game. The interception really wasn't his fault. Showed a deft touch on the ball on several passes.

Randy Moss / Wes Welker - Moss gets 8 for 125 with 3 TDs. Welker gets 8 for 120 and continues his streak of receptions.

Kick Off Coverage : After several weeks of terrible coverage, the addition of Vince Redd and the return of Ray Ventrone gave this unit a boost. They limit Ted Ginn to 19 yards per return.

NOT:
Matt Light - Gets ejected after fighting with Channing Crowder.

Stephen Neal / Tedy Bruschi - Both drew personal fouls for late hits.

Jabar Gaffney - Dropped 2 very catchable balls and they offset his 5 for 88 yard performance.

Sammy Morris - 8 rushes for 35 yards, but a costly fumble that let to 7 Miami points.

Gaffney redeemed himself with a career day in receptions. He does have to improve the drops, but he did have a very good game after his dropped ball.

Also, how can you have a Who's Not and only include offensive players when the Pats defense played so poorly?

Who's also Hot:
The OL - you don't score 48 offensive points & gain > 500 yards w/o good overall blocking.

The DL - they limited the doofins wildcat production & their running game in general.

Kevin Faulk - the Energizer Bunny: what more can be said? What a smart, versatile weapon, with a terrific pair of hands.

BJGE - where has he been the last 2 games? He comes in and produces, even though the doofins know that he's getting the ball. I loved that final FU TD. FU, Porter, FU.

Who's also Not:
the OL - too many thoughtless penalties.

The (Non) Pass Rush - Vrabel & Woods did not, and will not, get the job done.

The Secondary - too many cushions, too many completions on 3rd/long, and too much YAC, due partially - if not primarily - to (more) missed tackles. At least they had 1 INT, which was all the Offense needed, thankfully.

Matt Slater - WTF was he doing lined-up at WR? Oh yeah, he was dropping the only pass thrown to him. I'd rather see Bubba at WR for one play instead. I'd rather see Bubba at Safety than Slater, too. The FO moved UP in the 5th round to draft this JAG? ******ed.

Punt/KO returns - yawn. Not even one return that could remotely be described as scintillating.

I do not know how you inferred this as we played alot of snaps with 2 line man and you think those 2 just stopped the run without the OLB help. i am curious to know how.

Our OLB drop less into to coverage as we have guyton,mayo playing coverage so they are on the line yet no credit for blowing up the wildcat. the wild cat was stopped by vrabel and wood penerating to stop the sweep completely and then the ILB crashing through the hole the gaurd left. Again please explain how wild cat was stopped withouth the edge maintaining by the OLB i would love to listen to your explanation on setting edge of the run.

62 yards rush as brown ,ricky ,cobbs could not bounce outside due to you guess it edge setting by the OLB.

the game plan looks like was to stop the run and now i will wait for your explanation as to how the olb by acheving this successfully and holding their lanes played bad.

"The (Non) Pass Rush - Vrabel & Woods did not, and will not, get the job done."

In defense of our pass rush, Miami's Oline was holding and tackling on every play, and we end up being the ones that get called for holding.

There were two sets of rules out there and we were getting the short end of most of the calls and all of the non-calls.

Bruinz, your ST units were great yesterday. Not ALL 4 :)D) but the ones that mattered. They kept Ginn under control on the KO's and the Hanson punt just before halftime saved this team 3 points - 49 yard net I believe. Granted, most of it went to waste given the poor defensive effort but if our defense comes around that's the type of ST effort that we are going to need.

Even though Gaff was great after the drop, I have to agree with him being called out. This is the 3rd or 4th game he's dropped an easy one that was very costly to us.

Where's Faulk and the OL on that hot list? They've been great.

I do not know how you inferred this as we played alot of snaps with 2 line man and you think those 2 just stopped the run without the OLB help. i am curious to know how.

Our OLB drop less into to coverage as we have guyton,mayo playing coverage so they are on the line yet no credit for blowing up the wildcat. the wild cat was stopped by vrabel and wood penerating to stop the sweep completely and then the ILB crashing through the hole the gaurd left. Again please explain how wild cat was stopped withouth the edge maintaining by the OLB i would love to listen to your explanation on setting edge of the run.

62 yards rush as brown ,ricky ,cobbs could not bounce outside due to you guess it edge setting by the OLB.

the game plan looks like was to stop the run and now i will wait for your explanation as to how the olb by acheving this successfully and holding their lanes played bad.

I don't see how any of this has anything to do with the fact that, whenever NoodleArm dropped back to pass, Vrabel & Woods were invisible. Were they still Setting the Edge, just like they were when Penny himself scored a TD?

Who's Hot:
The Phins cheerleaders

Hot:

41047.jpg

Not:

ugly_fat_man_picture-_funfry.jpg

Gaffney made up for it with a clutch sideline grab on a 3rd and long.

Gaffney made up for it with a clutch sideline grab on a 3rd and long.

Gaffney made a few tough catches in big situations after his gaff(ney). Like Moss' involvement in the interception, he more than redeemed himself for that one.

Also add to the hot list....

Josh McDaniels

Not like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing