Reaction score
HOTTT
-------
*Samuel: 2 Picks..played great all night
*Interior line pass blocking
*Welker: Had a big day with Moss getting covered with 2

NOTTT
-------
*Ellis Hobbs: Maybe its the scheme but he gave up a lot of passes that he was just playing deep..too much underneath cushion
*run blocking..we didnt run much but for most part..they got pentetration.
*Tackles: Light & Kaczur ..NOT a good job
*Jackson: dude..you get a chance to play CB and you get beat..should've been beat twice but Sanders helped u out
*Moss: I understand they played him tight and with 2 guys but he shoulda caught a couple of balls he dropped..1 for big yards

Overall team effort: terrible. like Asante just said about the D..they played terrible

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your hot n' nots, but overall in this game, I think Philly has to get a lot of credit for playing an outstanding game. A.J. had the game of his career to this point, and the Philly D did everything they could do.

I don't think anyone on the Pats played particularly poorly. Yes, Light got called for at least one (maybe two) penalties and got beat a couple times (along with Kaczur), but I think that was more a testament to the solid schemes Philly showed the Pats tonight. Just a great performance by the Eagles tonight, and they could have won. At least this gives BB some material to work with for next week, that's for sure.

HOTTT
-------
*Samuel: 2 Picks..played great all night
*Interior line pass blocking
*Welker: Had a big day with Moss getting covered with 2

NOTTT
-------
*Ellis Hobbs: Maybe its the scheme but he gave up a lot of passes that he was just playing deep..too much underneath cushion
*run blocking..we didnt run much but for most part..they got pentetration.
*Tackles: Light & Kaczur ..NOT a good job
*Jackson: dude..you get a chance to play CB and you get beat..should've been beat twice but Sanders helped u out
*Moss: I understand they played him tight and with 2 guys but he shoulda caught a couple of balls he dropped..1 for big yards

Overall team effort: terrible. like Asante just said about the D..they played terrible
I think there were a lot of drops tonight, Moss is the only noticable one because it was a long pass but there was a lot of holding that was done on Randy and the offensive pass interference was completely random. The ref must have assumed that since its Randy Moss its a pass interference.

Anyways the bad...

Matt Light
Eddie Jackson
Ellis Hobbs
Randall Gay
Rodney Harrison

A lot of awful play from that secondary, not that the front seven play was anything spectacular but geez there guys better step it up next week. Jackson, Gay and Hobbs especially. Embarrassing tonight.

For the good...

Obviously Samuel. Play maker, would have lost the game without him.

Welker terrific night. 13 catches made a lot of 3rd down conversions. Excellent game for him.

Seau. He did a nice job on Westbrook on several occasions.

Gaffney made some really good plays tonight. Was it Gaffney who got the first down at the end? Maybe I'm wrong. But at any rate a good night for him.

There was a lot of bad play but you do have to credit the Eagles. They played outstanding and they are a very good football team from what I saw tonight.

Where was the running game?

I don't think the Pats had one tonight...

They played very poorly.

Hot:
Welker
Samuel
Gaffney

Not:
Maroney and the Pats RB by committee
Rest of the Patriots secondary

One thing I'd like to note is that the Patriots did an excellent job of containing Westbrook. But they were still getting killed on the incut routes from the other receivers. Gave up a LOT of 1st downs through the air. That was not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back