PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's gonna watch the AFC Championship Replay tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Whos gonna watch the AFC Championship Replay tonight?

I finally had the courage to watch my dvr version last weekend. Besides the obvious first down failure with just over 2 mins left, there were many plays that could have changed the outcome. Reggie Wayne made a catch, and then bobbled a ball on their winning drive. The ball was up for grabs and somehow landed back in his hands. These are the bounces that always used to go the Pat’s way. I can’t wait for the season to begin. Colts….one and done!

Ah patsies fans and there dillusional dreams

Ah, one and done Dolts fans and THEIR 2nd grade spelling level. Enjoy it while you can hayseed....................

I will have it on TIVO but watching it is another factor.. Don't know if I can, that game still leaves a bad taste in my mouth... I still don't understand how our defense unravelled in the last half.. Well, maybe I do.. There were guys playing on defense that I was saying " Where the hell did they come from?" Never heard of them, never saw them play in the regular season, didn't even know they were on the team, and here they were expecting to play in a Championship game and hold the Colts? It looked like the secondary was running around with their heads cut off, not knowing what to do. The defense looked broken, and I had never seen that from a Belichick defense... Now that I'm recalling the game, I have no desire to watch it.. I'm deleting it from my DVR...

I sill can't do it. Too painful. I have been watching the Chargers play off game. I like that ending much better.

I sill can't do it. Too painful. I have been watching the Chargers play off game. I like that ending much better.

LOL.. ME TOO and the Chicago Bear Replay... I still can't believe how "messy" that game was with all the turnovers...

I still don't want to watch the game but if you think about it, we could have lost in a way that would have been much, much, much, MUCH worse.

Late in the game with it tied at 31 and we were driving, I started getting a sick feeling of how the game was going to end up. For some reason I was almost certain that Gostkowski was going to miss a FG only to see the Colts drive down the field and AV would kick the game winner.

I can't even begin to imagine the type of hell this offseason would have been if that had happened. Never-ending articles about how foolish it was to let him go, endless trash from fans, it would have been awful.

The way we lost was pretty bad but it could have been a lot worse.

I have avoided like it the plague for many months. However tonight I'm going to watch the 2nd half. I'm going to watch it like a coach and really look to see what broke down so badly. My gut feeling is on Defense the real culprit is going to be Peyton Manning. My gut impression is that he was just magnificent, especially on 3rd down.

Like others have said there are going to be several plays that COULD have changed the outcome...unfortunately THAT won't CHANGE THE OUTCOME.

Well there are 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter as I write this. I have the mute on and will answer some emails for the next half hour and await the start of the 2nd half.

Wish me luck. This isn't going to be easy :D

Last edited:

Well there are 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter as I write this. I have the mute on and will answer some emails for the next half hour and await the start of the 2nd half.

You are a brave man!!! I will pray for you!!!

You guys that are watching this are braver then me. I still have a hard time watching highlights from the 1976 Ben Dreith game.

My gut feeling is on Defense the real culprit is going to be Peyton Manning. My gut impression is that he was just magnificent, especially on 3rd down.
I'm sure he was great and I'm sure that having the likes of Rashad Baker in there didn't hurt things. Bottom line, the Colts are a great offense but we can slow them down with our real defense - not with what we had out there in the second half.

I'd rather go have a beer with Ballsack4ever and listen to him tell me all the reasons why he thinks the Doofins have a shot at the playoffs..................................

He isn't old enough to drink. (I am not either, Ironic)

You guys that are watching this are braver then me. I still have a hard time watching highlights from the 1976 Ben Dreith game.

You have highlights from the 1976 playoff game @ Oakland?

It's queued up on my TIVO. I'll watch it later. No big deal. We got our butts kicked. I'd like to have another look at it to see what went wrong.

man, how ironic is that....I was just watching this game and decided to come on when i saw your thread....

...looking back, man we looked so good in the first half, and part way into the third....I turned it off b4 the end, I didn't want to give myself fits...

NE looked very solid in the first half. TO be honest with you though, I am more worried about SD this year, I think the LT, the baby that he is, is going out with a chip on his shoulder on the 16th...I hope our D will be improved this year....

I am starting to get excited for Sept...would love to see another power outage!!!!!:rocker:

He isn't old enough to drink. (I am not either, Ironic)

And I'm too old...

I finally had the courage to watch my dvr version last weekend. Besides the obvious first down failure with just over 2 mins left, there were many plays that could have changed the outcome. Reggie Wayne made a catch, and then bobbled a ball on their winning drive. The ball was up for grabs and somehow landed back in his hands. These are the bounces that always used to go the Pat’s way. I can’t wait for the season to begin. Colts….one and done!

It wouldn't have mattered if Wayne fumbled and the pats recovered, since that was the play in which TBC was called for "roughing" the payaton.

You are so right, Zoo. There were Many plays, indeed, that could have changed the outcome; and that's just in the last 9:00 of the 4th quarter.

It wouldn't have mattered if Wayne fumbled and the pats recovered, since that was the play in which TBC was called for "roughing" the payaton.

You are so right, Zoo. There were Many plays, indeed, that could have changed the outcome; and that's just in the last 9:00 of the 4th quarter.

That's right. That was the 15 yard gift to Satin Manning

I have this game no tape, but don't plan on watching it.

I have avoided like it the plague for many months. However tonight I'm going to watch the 2nd half. I'm going to watch it like a coach and really look to see what broke down so badly. My gut feeling is on Defense the real culprit is going to be Peyton Manning. My gut impression is that he was just magnificent, especially on 3rd down.

Like others have said there are going to be several plays that COULD have changed the outcome...unfortunately THAT won't CHANGE THE OUTCOME.

Good luck, Ken.

If you felt able to give us a "coach's analysis", I, for one, would like to read that. Come on, folks, we're Bill Belichick fans -- we look back to learn for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back