Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who's Afraid of the Big-Bad Women?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +474 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

First there this:

Then this:

and in between a nice little thread about "Auntie Zucchini," thrown in for good measure.

One of the things I've noticed in my admittedly short but intense time here is that every time someone "from the left" even mentions Sarah Palin's name there is a rash of "oh how she frightens you" or "oh how a strong intelligent woman scares those lefties," and yet I've never once seen anyone here refer to Sarah as
    "That B!tch Sarah" or to her sister-in-law as "Auntie Nanuk" or any other sexist/racist slur imaginable.

And yet other people toss around "b!itch" and "slut" and "scum-sucking" with amazing regularily towards other women politicians with moderator-sanctioned impunity.

Why is that do you think?

Who's really afraid of the big-bad women?
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Auntie Pelosi's actions speak for themselves.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

You may have missed or forgotten:

Pants Suit Hillary
    Or the "Little Missy" directed towards you.

Without regard, there seems to be an underlying feeling and belief because of the Bush bashing on this board... that any bashing without limits on anything left... women are particularly vulnerable as there has always been an underlying theme of misogyny..

Not sure can ever remember tooth sucking, pants suit or any similar terms used towards men..

The sad issue is those who moderate do not recognize that these are injustices as many times their view of justice is payback or justification of all of this, because things were said on this board.. there is a basic misunderstanding of justice in general.. to say it is ok to say this about Pelosi, because someone said something about Bush is injust as the act towards Bush was also unjust... payback is b!itch is not a very good standard and only invites chaos and anarchy.

There has been a descent into some very infantile behavior, and the board seems to be regressing into a kindergarten playgound..
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

FYI either I will be shut out of this thread, the new method of the RW mod, or it will be locked instead of encouraging healthy discussion of this very important issue..
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Men:
    John Fonda Kerry
    Uncle (Swimmer) Kennedy
    Billy Blue Dress
    The Chimp
    Harry (Weasle) Reid
    Prince Barack
    Dracula Emanuel
    Darth Vader Cheney
    Pretty Boy Edwards
    Windbag Biden
    Boob Gore
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Preemptive whining, how original.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Did you notice in your highly intelligent, well thought out response that 9 of the 11 are directed towards the left, reminds me of the highly intelligent comments of 13... made up pre kindergarten words like Boomie, Bammie, the Tali's or Binnie...

Without regard notice there is no mention of bastard, their teeth or how they dress... that is the issue, the vitriol and language of the right towards women is very obvious.
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +474 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

The issue, in a nut-shell, is this: B!tch is an unacceptable derogatory sexist term just as ni??er is an unacceptable derogatory racist term and fa??ot is an unacceptable derogatory sexual-identification term. Terms such as B!tch, ni??er and Fa??ot are not words like "stupid, " "dumb" or "idiot," which are generic, they are truly slanderous hate speech terminology. None of them should be tolerated as adjectives - not by the members here who have to read them or by the moderators who let them stand.

I did notice that a thread referring to a gay man as a "fruitcake" was closed so if someone could please point out what the difference is between that and calling a female a b!tch is, I'd certainly be interested in hearing from them.

Even with the racist/sexist terms put aside for a moment, what most of you fail to realise is simple - the truth generally speaks for itself and needs no adjectives. If you are secure in your viewpoint you should have no need to preface anyone's name with an identifying modifer. To do so shows a real lack of faith in whatever you're trying to present. Either we'll understand that what Ms. Smith is doing is wrong based on the facts you've presented to us or we won't - prefacing her name with
    That B!tch Ms. Smith isn't going to sway anyone's ability to discern the truth of the matter. It may make you feel more manly and help you think you're masking your own insecurities but it does absolutely nothing to change the facts to those reading - it merely serves to make your arguement sound more like impotant sputterings to be ignored as quickly as possible than it does to entice anyone to read any further.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Of course more of them are directed at the left, the left has more of them (a$s holes)...........:singing:
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I hope you don't listen to "Rap Music"

PS
    I'll try not to say "B!tch" there are plenty of other more sensitive words that will do just as well.
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +474 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Actually, there aren't, Harry, but I thank you regardless.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +374 / 4 / -2

I don't think you've been here long enough to understand the NEP's, or NEM's of the forum. They are a different breed altogether. One has been permabanned, and the other is on his way to the same I think.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +301 / 3 / -13

Wow!.....just....Wow!

Even a discussion of potential sexism comes down to left vs. right.

People! All I have to say (once again), is that left vs. right is meaningless.

The sooner y'all learn that truth, the sooner you can get down to REAL issues.

Meanwhile, I'll just have to wait.
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +474 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

You can wait all you want, PR, but it IS a "real issue" and I don't quite see how picking on one or two posts in a thread makes the issue one of "right vs left."

There does seem to be a direct relation to the people who feel one way or another about the useage of sexual slurs towards woman and their respective politics, but maybe they simply pick their political leanings based on the way they feel about sexual/racial/gender issues in the first place?

It may be a chicken/egg question which would make seperating the two issues almost impossible.

Besides, since you are partyless and politic-less, your opinion here would probably be a breath of fresh air......so the question remains - is prefacing a woman's name with the adjective b!tch acceptable in any set of circumstances? Does it differ from prefacing a black man's name with a racial slur or a homosexual's name with a gender slur?

And if so, why?
  15. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't think it's the worst adjective you can insult a woman with. To me, the C word is on par with the black man's N word and the gay man's F word. I could be wrong though, I would make a very, very ugly woman.

With that said, I still think we should refrain from using it. Lets use this to make insults even more "personal" :)

Insulting Name Generator
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Why hasn't "Rap Music" been condemed and banished from our politically correct society, I guess to the politically correct it all depends on "who the sayer is" right, certain people can say certain things.

Rap's favorite words,
    F-ck
    B!tch
    Nigga
    Ho
    But it's OK
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +474 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

No, it's not "OK," Harry...but we're not talking about rappers here, we're talking about you and a few other folks who continully speak as if they didn't know any better either.

How is it you are complaiing about rappers using the word B!tch but feel so free to use it yourself?
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I thought it was OK to use it all the kids use it, famous music people use it in their songs, if Bo Dip Daddy Do Do can make a million dollars saying it why can't Bob Smith say it, my big gripe in life again, The Double Standard.

Is "Old Bag" ok (pelosi)
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +474 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Harry, you wanna complain about rap music - start another thread, please. We're discussing what's ok here where poetic license doesn't apply.

It's an ineffective smoke-screen - I'm still waiting for you to tell me why it's ok for you to refer to one woman as "that b!tch, Boxer," but the minute I even mention the name Sarah Palin you spit all over yourself in your haste to tell me how frightened I am of her and how ill I treat her by daring to speak her sainted name even though I've never once given her an adjective of any sort.

When you can do that, and only when you can do that, can you refer to anything as "a double standard" without being laughed off the board.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Yea, but I don't care what you call her, I've lost a little interest in her anyway since she sided with General Obama and his war.

Madam Teeth (Pelosi)---:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.