Welcome to PatsFans.com

Whoops, nope, we were wrong. Fox still has no integrity whatsover.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Feb 19, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Hume: Murtha Is Senile, Doesn’t Have ‘The Foggiest Awareness’ Of What’s Going On In The World »

Now, to offer a bit of perspective here, let's consider that Brit Hume(orless) is, in fact, Fox's MAIN NEWS ANCHOR. To put it another way, he is their 6 o'clock guy, responsible for bringing the NEWS to America in the main news time slot. He then wears an overtly different hat on Sunday mornings for the network, when he becomes a viscous mouthpiece for nasty right wing agenda.

Does anyone remember Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennngs, or Sam Donaldson chiming in with geopolitical opinion for their respective networks every single week?

This is why Fox News is the most transparent, unapologetic embarrassment to real TV news journalism that we've ever witnessed. And old ladies in Oklahoma and evangelicals in Texas, and good ole' boy lawmakers in Mississippi eat it up.

The Propoganda network has played, and continues to play, a HUGE role in this illegal act of aggression against a sovereign nation and war profiteering on an unimaginable scale. If these were the days of Rome, they'd all be thrown off the Tarpeian Rock for high crimes against the Republic. Rupert Murdoch first and foremost.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +294 / 10 / -26

Unfortunately there are those who will only listen to Fox and its cohorts, O'Reilly, Hannity and Rush. There is no attempt to recognize its shortcomings and try to find a fair and balanced approach.. these are the folks who with anything about GWB lying respond with the tired Clinton BJ issue.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Spin, spin, spin.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

And some people want to bring up the issue of "integrity"(!!!)

:eek:

It's not only Clinton's many sexual infidelities -- openly flaunted: "Hey, Vernon, I saw that babe (NOT Hillary) first, so you stay away from 'er, heh, heh, heh" -- it's the FACT that Bill Clinton LIED to a GRAND JURY.

He lied to a Grand Jury and THAT'S why he got impeached. It wasn't "just a BJ"; Clinton LIED to a Grand Jury.

Clinton also got disbarred from practicing law in his home state of Arkansas, an agreement that Clinton accepted in order to *stop the Whitewater investigation* into various illegalities alleged.

What's that: A president allows himself to be DIS-barred from practicing law in his home state!!! And he's "not done anything but a b-job"!!! Sure, and you've got a "fine bridge" you want to sell me down in New York. Right.

During the course of the investigation into Whitewater, other illegalities were uncovered that sent a number of Clinton associates to prison, and one, Vince Foster, died of a gunshot wound to the head, attributed to "suicide". Hm-m-m.

Read this "right-wing" source (;) ), called "CNN" :eek:
    http://archives.cnn.com/2001/LAW/10/01/scotus.clinton/

Then, here's a little reminder of *some* of the issues of the Whitewater controversy:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_scandal

... including this little tidbit: "Over the course of the investigation, fifteen individuals — including Clinton friends Jim McDougal and Susan McDougal, White House counsel Webster Hubbell and Arkansas Governor Jim Guy Tucker — were convicted of federal charges unrelated to Whitewater. Clinton pardoned four of them in the final hours of his presidency (see list of people pardoned by Bill Clinton)."

Yep, integrity: it's an issue all right.

//
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

wow... wtf does that distortion above have to do with Faux News, the Propoganda Machine, and Brit Hume?

Fog, are you ever able to debate an issue, or avoid one, withOUT jerking it over Bill Clinton? lol...
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"distortion" ???

Did you miss your meds, AGAIN, Press-bias??

And you want to talk about "integrity" !!!

//
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ok, well, you keep avoiding the issue and live in denial... or do whatever the bible SEEMS to tell you to, loser...
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You ARE twelve years old.

//
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm of the opinion that anyone who's opinion is newsworthy should be allowed to express it. 'Newsworthy' being defined as whatever the guy who owns the cameras says it is. So Hume can bloviate all he wants on Sunday or any other day for all I care. I don't watch anyway.

Now don't let my little on topic comment stop all you righties from running through yet another 'CLINTON LIED' circle jerk. The forum can always use another one of them:rolleyes:

Oh btw fogbuster, Whitewater wasn't stopped until well after Clinton left office. There was no deal or arrangement or quid pro quo or anything like that. He was out of office for 9 months and the Republicans realized that it was unnecessary and wasteful to keep harassing a retired president.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I agree that it was a waste of time and money, at that point. The dignity of the office is worth more than simply pursuing someone for purely vindictive purposes.

//
  10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

FOX is an extention of this White House, as was shown when Tony Snow was hired as the press secretary. My favorite line is the Michael Moore one, though.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 2 / -9

Murtha is full of sh!t, he's looking to make the headlines for personal political gains and all he has done is make a fool out of himself, he likes seeing his picture on TV, he is a classic "Bush Hater" he reeks of jealousy, he is a f-cking Rat Bastard, the Troops hate his guts, and most of America laugh at him.

It must kill him to know that George Bush lives in the White House it drove Al Gore insane :singing:

Murtha The Traitor Bastard.

"Will someone tell PressCover what I said" (he blocked me)
    Thank You
    Harry
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Is there anyone in Washington that's not doing it for political gain? Is Murtha opposing the war for political reasons any worse than Bush starting the war for political reasons?
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +294 / 10 / -26

You've proven my point, and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.. goodness is this tiring.
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So the Democrat party can have the NYTimes, the Washington Post, the networks, Time/Life, and the entire academic community of America all on its side, but if one lousy network decides to give the Republicans a chance to get a word in edgewise, it is suddenly wrong??!!!

Wow! Some people want a one-party situation real bad, it would seem. Their way or the highway.

Last I looked democracy, as established in the First Amendment, allowed for freedom of expression -- from ALL sides.

//
  15. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's a red herring. Nobody's talking about banning Fox. Fox has the right to say whatever they want, and I have the right to say that I don't like it. Nobody's taking it beyond that.

As for the liberal media (the NBC's & CBS's of the world), I don't watch them any more than I watch Fox. It's just that I always run accross these ridiculous sound bites from Fox. I don't know if it's their politics as much their desire to be more in-your-face and scandelous (kind of like the New York Post versus the New York Times).
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +294 / 10 / -26

Republicans or Right Wingers, there is a difference.. with all this influence one would think that the Dems have an extreme edge over any of the opposition, as much as you want to believe it the WAPO, NYT, NETWORKS, entire academic world are in no way as biased as FOX NEWS.
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, I think they are just as biased towards their political positions. I think they're just intelligent enough not to rub that bias in people's faces, while Fox wants to be loud and proud. It's not a rightwing news media vs. leftwing news media issue, it's a Ruport Murdock Media vs. everything else issue.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +294 / 10 / -26

This could lead to a heated agreement.. the operative word here is intelligent.
  19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Heated agreement? That's why these boards are so contentious.
  20. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I think that someone who fought in Vietnam has more credibility then someone who evaded that tour. Look back at all the evidence in which Bush talks about war, the power of the presidency, being a war time president, asking his cabinet members for an excuse to invade Iraq, cherry picking evidence to go to war, etc, etc. Now, please explain to me what is so outrageous about a Vietnam vet with two Purple Hearts arguing to end the worst policy decision in United States history. What is ridiculous is comparing what he is doing to what Bush has done.