Welcome to PatsFans.com

Whoops..!! Looks like Holy Diver is just a gullible moron..!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When holy diver posted that "direct quote" from Reagan, I asked him if he was deliberately lying to us or if he was just a gullible moron. Looks like the latter is true and not the former. It is something Michael Kinsley made up and meant to be little more than a tongue-in-cheek comment.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/kinsley.asp

"I'm not sure, but it sure sounds like the truth to me." - holy diver, direct quote, his words. We look forward you admitting you were wrong and apologizing for all your arrogance and insulting behavior over something that is now exposed as a complete lie.

Hey holy diver... Jemaine and Bret are asking you yet again....

http://www.bonnaroo.com/images/photo...hords2-bio.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Bad about Bush = Automatically True.

Damnit QuiGon get with the program :D
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Even though Holy Diver was wrong, you certainly have no standing to call someone out for "arrogance and insulting behavior". He's still 100x less arrogant and insulting than you, so he still has a long way to go before he has to apologize. Of course he can be the bigger man here and admit he was wrong, but surely that apology would be directed at the rest of us and not at you.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Quigon is a little boy. If he isn't repeating propaganda, he's being crass or making pointless threads to call out others for any tiny thing they say.

Guy's a douche.
  5. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Guy's a douche? Let's put this in perspective for you.

For millions of years there have been attacts, back and forth, between people who disagree. There have been insults and fights and wars.

Now let's say Quigon makes a bad remark, or posts something untrue - OR EXPRESS's HIS OPINION!!!!
    That makes him a douche! Cool... so if that is not an attack, what is?

It's okay for LIBERALS to say what they want, and to antagonize conservatives, but its not okay for cons. to strike back. NAH NAH NAH BOO BOO... I'm HOLIER THEN THOU IS! MY DOG IS BIGGER! MY DAD IS BETTER! YOUR LEFT IS LESS RIGHT!
  6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

it's not about left vs right or about disagreeing. yes, the guy's a douche, it's not the first pointless thread he's made just to crow.
  7. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

But it is Always left vs right. Any thread that is posted here is about left vs. right. If a left person posts a thread about something, they are wrong. If a right person posts a thread about something, they are wrong. It's always left vs right, there will never be any agreements and nothing will ever settle because it's human nature to be right vs wr... i mean left.
  8. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Give Holy Diver a pass. Should he check his sources better? Maybe. But this is a Patsfans football forum. If you recite stuff that you heard on this board as evidence, you might look at tad foolish. Besides, despite his unorthodox ideas, Diver is a funny guy who can take a joke.
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This from the guy who said the following gem: "You're a worse piece of sh!t than something I'd scrape off my shoe." Gee, thanks Pujo for showing us all what it means to take the high road and avoid the insulting behavior :rolleyes:
  10. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, can I at least gloat about the fact that I was right? Trust me, it doesn't happen too often, got to take my bows when I can.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Unlike some peeps, I can admit when I've been had. I was wrong to post that if the info was incorrect.

I will check and recheck info from that website always, and be truly skeptical about what they post.

Sorry peeps.

If only FOX snooz did the same.
  12. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Sure gloat about the fact you're right, I would too. I was just trying to avoid having another pointless thread of name calling between the sides. Diver should've checked his source, but whatever. Like I said before, this is a political messageboard on a football site. No need to get so upset about things.
  13. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What you say is all true. It's just that QuiGon is particularly obnoxious. His comments are often devoid of any content, and his first priority/tactic most often has everything to do with attempting to discredit the person who he disagrees with rather than his/her comments, and nothing to do with providing any reasonable discourse.

So, as you remarked yourself, "for millions of ... there have been insults and fights and wars". OK, so he tends to start a lot of those "wars" (takes after his hero George W after all). And all you're doing is continuing one of those wars. Your post was completely uesless.
  14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, this isn't a "tiny little thing". It was a complete lie and fabrication being spread to make a couple of republicans look bad. Typical liberal M.O.: Let's repeat a lie so often that people start to believe it. I have no doubt that if I searched the internet, you'd see the same lie being repeated over and over and over.

Now I know I've earned your unending hatred for how badly I humiliated you in the whole British-marines issue, but admit it... If a right winger said something as blatently false as Holy Diver did, you'd be all over them.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You make it sound like the right wing agenda doesn't do that.

Like when FOX posts a Republican in trouble as a democrat. Or when someone gets swiftboated, or when there are WMDs, I can go all day.

At least see both sides Quiggy
  16. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oh it hurt's so bad... my post was deemed useless by some random guy I just now noticed exsists!

If it was all true, then it wasn't useless. Truth is not useless... well, I guess it is to some people.
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

AND....

I believe that if someone like myself posts something, it SHOULD be checked out by all of us. After all...the 'discussion' and 'debate' is why I post here. QuiGon was doing his job as a poster and a patriot to check on a posting by myself. Thanks to him for calling me out on a false post.

On the flip, he was kinda Johnny McBraggypants about it and had a touch of Stewart McRubbingitin. Alls fair though, nobody is perfect, and QuiGon certainly built his house out of glass, and has a truckload of gravel for tossing.

we all know that.
  18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And you know why I'm rubbing it in..? Because of the arrogance you displayed and your refusal to acknowledge the possibility you just might have been wrong... Where are your condescending "think about it" retorts now..?

Let's face it... this is a textbook example of why scam artists are so successful: It's easy to get people to believe things they want to believe. You saw a quote attributed to Reagan. You wanted it to be true, so you believed it. The fact that it made no logical sense whatsoever didn't really enter your mind. And then when other people pointed out to you the logical flaws (like the V.P. wouldn't need help finding a job for his son), you ignored those. Your desire for your belief to be true overroad any logic or reason that might contradict your statements.

Hopefully what we have here is a lesson learned.
  19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This isn't an insult, but did you think about your own attitude when you wrote the above? Either you think you're not being arrogant or you think it's OK for you to act one way but for everyone else to act another? Which is it?
  20. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Quigon is crass, most of his posts either attack the individual, or gloat. The posts are almost never meaningful or contribute content to the discussion. He is like a little boy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.