Welcome to PatsFans.com

Whoever writes Obama's speeches deserves an award

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by MosiT, May 7, 2008.

1. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obama himself is a fantastic orator. He knows how to speak to a crowd. Awesome speaker.

Anyway, here is an excerpt from the speech he gave in North Carolina tonight.

Extremely well written and extremely well delivered.

'So don’t ever forget that this election is not about me, or any candidate. Don’t ever forget that this campaign is about you – about your hopes, about your dreams, about your struggles, about securing your portion of the American Dream.

Don’t ever forget that we have a choice in this country – that we can choose not to be divided; that we can choose not to be afraid; that we can still choose this moment to finally come together and solve the problems we’ve talked about all those other years in all those other elections.

This time can be different than all the rest.'

I can just picture Emperor Bush trying to deliver this kind of a speech.

Oh wait, I forgot, Bush is the Great Uniter." He told us so, didn't he?

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Obama takes NC by a huge margin, IN too close to call. Game over Hillary.

3. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hillary will probably still win Indiana by but a much smaller margin. She almost lost it in the end.

Also, one disturbing fact in the Obama win in NC is that he only got 35% of the white vote.

I guess the other 65% were out at the NASCAR tracks. :D

This nation, particularly the south, is still very much racially bigoted.

4. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

It's sad, that's true, but in the grand scheme of U.S. elections it doesn't really matter, neither democrat is ever going to win North Carolina anyway.

5. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

I just flicked over to Fox News :)eek:) just out of curiosity to see how differently they were spinning it and I noticed two different and interesting things:

1) Hannity and co. were saying that the results tonight don't necessarily count Hillary out of the race and that she would not bow out because of this. MSNBC and CNN said the exact opposite.

2) Hannity said that he wondered if Rush Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" hadn't been instituted whether this would have even been close. He seemed to be hedging his bets by saying that both "Hillary had a strong showing" (which makes no sense to me but this was echoed by Karl Rove) and then almost in the next breath saying that Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" may have made this race appear much closer than it actually is.

I found the difference in how this was being spun by the 3 main corporate cable news channels to be interesting and I actually hope that Hannity is 100% correct when it comes to Limbaugh's effect on this race.

6. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No don't tell me that the "Fair and Balanced Network" said that?

FOX is a disgrace to journalism and to real reporting of the news. I can not wait to see how they handle the next eight years or maybe even a lot longer.

Don't stand outside the FOX buildings in New York or you just might have a jumping FOX executive's body land on your head. Shades of 1929 on Wall Street. :D

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Hide your wallets, people, he's coming after them :eek:

8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

:eek:MY MONEY!!! IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT MY MONEY!!!:eek:

Is your lifestyle really that hard up that this is the only issue that Matters to you? Republicans are baffling.

9. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Another falacy. Fear mongering works though.

Just look around at every day life in America today and tell me who really has their fingers in your wallet. It's not all just taxes.

10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Not to mention that the idea that Obama is going to raise taxes on the middle class is just a complete joke.

This is all the Republicans have left though. They certainly can't run on Ethics, they've pissed away their credibility when it comes to foreign policy, they have no discernible identity when it comes to immigration (especially not McCain), the economy goes to shit whenever they hold office, "fiscal responsibility" is now a term that is antithetical to "republican" and their social policy of pandering to bible-thumpers and blaming gays is a thing of the past.

BelichickFan's statement is actually a great insight into what the upcoming race will be on the Republican side. A lot of low brow "gotcha" smear tactics about Ayers and Wright (which the American people showed they don't care about and don't want to have their intelligence insulted with anymore) and hollow threats about the scary democrats coming to take your money.

11. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It is the old Karl Rove teachings that if you tell a lie often enough, people will believe it to be the truth. The RNC has proven that it's true.

12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +454 / 12 / -14

The US was founded in part as a revolt against confiscatory taxes. In the Declaration of Independence Jefferson speaks about "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness", not about a cradle to grave nanny state, that was Marx. I'll taker Jefferson's vision over Marx, thanks. I can decide how to use my money better than the government. Government is (should be) largely overhead, let's keep the overhead low please.

If you feel differently well on the 1040 form they allow you to donate as much as you want, feel free to exercise this option if you feel the government can figure how to spend your money (ie property) better than you.

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Let's wait and see how low "the rich" is defined by Obama.

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Obama's speech gave a clue :

"about securing your portion of the American Dream"

"Securing your portion" - by stealing from the rich because everyone deserves "their portion" however little effort they might put into it.

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Actually, it's not. I don't want Obama to tear down our military as he will. I don't want him to try to force national (sh!tty) health care down our throats - which I suspect he will. I don't want him to do a lot of things his voting record suggests he will - like opposing capital punishment solely based on racial issues.

I don't want to pay more taxes - I already pay too much - but I also agree with him on just about nothing.

I also have zero respect for his campaign of "Change without Details".

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  16. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I cannot believe that anyone could draw that kind of a conclusion from three words of a persons speech. You have got to be kidding.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/robinhood/Gary Miller.mp3

17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

You expect details when the right demands that the coversation focuses on his pastor and his flag pin? If the details were his weakness, why aren't those being exploited?

"tear down the military"

"shove national (shitty) healthcare down our throats"

"opposing the death penalty on racial issues"

Not only are these laced with ridiculous inflammatory language, but they're completely hollow. Do you honestly think Obama will "tear down the military?" Are you familiar with discretionary v. non-discretionary spending? And what does "opposing the death penalty on racial issues" even mean?

18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Oh please, what a bunch of Disney land garbage. Do you know how much more the citizens of England were paying in taxes than the colonials were? Jefferson was afraid of a tyrannical monarch; present day economics have nothing to do with that. There was no focus on taxes in the constitution but rather issues of political dissent and representation and the oppressive British military. Jefferson wanted agrarian anarchy, he certainly didn't want an imperialist military and an economic system which hurt the poor for the benefit of the rich. Let's not play the founding fathers trump card, it's old and totally ineffective.

19. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +151 / 20 / -17

I am afraid Obama is going to be the next president.

McCain will get blown off the stage by Obama in a head to head debate.
    McCain is just too boring and Obama has that X factor down to a science.

If McCain had any chance he would have to do the typical "down and dirty"
    campaign tactics that have gotten quite a few presidents elected.

If I was McCain.....

I would rap myself in the flag and point out that while I was in the service
    & held as a prisoner of war, Obama befriends people like William Ayers 1960s-era radical and
    a founder of the Weatherman group, which later became the Weather Underground.

I would get my wife to rip into Michelle Obama, because I have a feeling that she is a loose cannon.
    If she is pushed, she may put her foot in her mouth again in a way that will top the "In my adult life,
    this is the first time I have been proud of my country" statement.

I would run adds with Obama and Rev Wright until that fool Rev Wright
    sticks his head out of his cave and adds to his list of racist rants.
    Point out the Black American Theology which Obama signed off on
    at the Holy Trinity Church.

Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals
    of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a
    murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who
    do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of
    God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy

I would also try to scare people because we all know that Obama is
    going to let all of the Bush tax cuts expire in 2010. I would paint
    Obama the tax and spend liberal he really is.

I would also make a issue of Obama's pledge to increase foreign aid from
    20+ billion to 50 billion by 2012. I just cannot believe that most americans
    support increasing foreign aid by more than doubling our current
    contributions.

Lets not forget Obama's Global Poverty Act which will cost us an additional
    65 billion per year to the UN for those clowns to distribute as they feel fit.

I will be shocked if McCain takes advantage of any of the issues that
    will hurt Obama. I really expect McCain to run a lame campaign.
    I guess I don't think too highly of Mr McCain.

Is Ross Perot still alive?
    What ever happend to his "United we Stand" group?

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  20. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Wow, that's very inspirational:rolleyes: