PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you want to replace Bill (7-10 years from now)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Gronkowski!

Is there ANY other answer? I don't think so.

Brady = OC
Vrabel = DC

Ask a Bronco and he will tell you McDaniels does not make a good coach and they were happy to see him go

No thanks

Not saying McDaniels is the guy to go with here, but weren't Browns fans saying the same about Belichick?

Not saying McDaniels is the guy to go with here, but weren't Browns fans saying the same about Belichick?

If not worse...

A lot can happen in a decade. I think the plan underway for a decade here already is to groom from within for stability of the system. That means a guy can leave and return too. But he has to have a foundation in Belichick. A guy like Cowher isn't going to come in here and run the existing system or be judged against Belichick. Tom will never coach, too many hours for less than half the money. Maybe Vrabel will have worked his way into the NFL by then. But something tells me he doesn't have the temperement for the position. Bill is not nearly the hardass the media makes him out to be. He's very thick skinned and takes full responsibility for the teams shortcomings like water off a duck. Not sure many of our former heart and soul vets could actually be that guy.

but weren't Browns fans saying the same about Belichick?

Good point. It would be like having your new girlfriend ask your ex girl if she should date you.

Rex Ryan (seriouspost)

Bill will be gone before 7 years IMO

Bill will be gone before 7 years IMO

Montana stayed and played in SF 4 years after Walsh left

I expect similar here which would put Belichick here for about 3 more years or so IMO

Who would you want to replace Bill, once Bill retires (let's hope that's 7-10 years from now)?

The first person I'd want them to give a shot to is Josh McDaniels -- but only if it went like this:
1. He coaches a few more years in [delete]Denver[/delete] elsewhere
2. He gets fired
3. Bill offers to bring him back, maybe as a DC and potential replacement
4. He spends a few years learning from Bill about D and personell
5. He takes over

Based on what Josh has shown in NE and in Denver, I think he's got great HC potential (I wouldn't call him a great HC yet but it takes time; took Bill 20 years)

I would want the Clone of BB to take over the team.:cool:

I expect similar here which would put Belichick here for about 3 more years or so IMO

I don't think that means anything

Chuck Noll coached 5-6 yrs after Bradshaw retired. Lombardi bolted GB with Bart Starr still playing. So what?

I don't think that means anything

Chuck Noll coached 5-6 yrs after Bradshaw retired. Lombardi bolted GB with Bart Starr still playing. So what?

Noll actually coached for 8 years after Bradshaw retired, but I hope he isn't the test bed for Belichick because the Steelers sucked over those 8 years. They went 9-7 three times, but every other year were .500 or worse (actually they did go 8-7 in the strike year of 1987).

Rob Ryan. He was the LBs coach from '00-'03.

Who would you want to replace Bill, once Bill retires (let's hope that's 7-10 years from now)?

The first person I'd want them to give a shot to is Josh McDaniels -- but only if it went like this:
1. He coaches a few more years in [delete]Denver[/delete] elsewhere
2. He gets fired
3. Bill offers to bring him back, maybe as a DC and potential replacement
4. He spends a few years learning from Bill about D and personell
5. He takes over

Based on what Josh has shown in NE and in Denver, I think he's got great HC potential (I wouldn't call him a great HC yet but it takes time; took Bill 20 years)

Congratulations.... this is the dumbest post of the year! Either you are a troll....or you are being sarcastic/joking....

Ernie Adams. He's just been waiting for his chance. :)

Don't know who, obviously.

But this formula we have at the moment works.

So to presume that the HC will come from within it's ranks is possible. But i think the Front Office will have more of a say in how the club is run. I doubt they will be given as much responsibility or given as much autonomy as Bill has.

They are going to have to do it in the own right.

I like vrable as a character, I want to see how he does in college. I would like to see what Faulk and Brown could do in the coaching ranks, perhaps Bruschi too. Obviously not a HC candidates right now. But who knows who could take that step in the NFL.

Aside from all being GOAT contenders in their field and both HC's being named Bill, there are really no similarities between Montana-Walsh and Brady-Belichick. Neither Brady nor Belichick is looking for a football challenge beyond the one the experience here. This is the legacy that matters to them and each will continue to strive to improve on it until they are satisfied it is what it is and they can't add to it further. Bill isn't coaching anywhere else in the NFL. He won rings for the Giants as a DC. There isn't any unfinished business there. And he certainly won't be heading over the Cleveland to right any wrongs for yet another knucklehead owner. Besides the team he coached doesn't even play there anymore, it plays in Baltimore and has a ring. Brady isn't rolling the dice on his legacy with some other HC and system, either.

Belichick is going to coach this team forever, even until the end of time. He will never be replaced...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes