PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you want to replace Bill (7-10 years from now)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voluntarysaftey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Who would you want to replace Bill, once Bill retires (let's hope that's 7-10 years from now)?

The first person I'd want them to give a shot to is Josh McDaniels -- but only if it went like this:
1. He coaches a few more years in [delete]Denver[/delete] elsewhere
2. He gets fired
3. Bill offers to bring him back, maybe as a DC and potential replacement
4. He spends a few years learning from Bill about D and personell
5. He takes over

Based on what Josh has shown in NE and in Denver, I think he's got great HC potential (I wouldn't call him a great HC yet but it takes time; took Bill 20 years)

Last edited:
Who would you want to replace Bill, once Bill retires (let's hope that's 7-10 years from now)?

The first person I'd want them to give a shot to is Josh McDaniels -- but only if it went like this:
1. He coaches a few more years in Denver2. He gets fired
5. He takes over

Based on what Josh has shown in NE and in Denver, I think he's got great HC potential (I wouldn't call him a great HC yet but it takes time; took Bill 20 years)

Uhhhhh.....

I would want Bill's son to join some small college coaching staff after he graduates. Then work his way up to eventually be the TE coach or something for the Pats. Then he continues working his way up to eventually take over for his father. Hires the rest of the brothers (not sure how many there are) who similarly put in their time and learn the craft.

If the Ryan brothers followed their father I don't see why BB's kids cant.

Good topic.

Poor execution.

Aren't we getting a little ahead of things? I don't think Bill's quite ready to sail off into the sunset.

Last edited:
The Rams fired Josh and he got his old job back as HC of the Broncos? I did not know that...

Where has OP been for the last 9 or so months?

1. He coaches a few more years in Denver
2. He gets fired
5. He takes over

josh is a mental case.

I'd go with Abraham Lincoln assuming that:

1. He shows he can handle the responsibilities
2. He isn't dead yet

Bill's retirement could about coincide with Tom Brady's retirement...
I really Think TB could be a great football coach...here.

images.jpg

By that time advancements in cloning technology should make it possible for Kraft to commission a replacement Belichick.

I like the safeties coach.

Bill is never retiring. You should be banned for suggesting he might.

Don Shula.

I am a fan of McDaniels the offensive coordinator, but he has a lot to learn as a hed coach and talent evaluator. Belichick learned a lot and improved quite a bit from his Cleveland days. So it isn't impossible, but I would he hesitant to jump for him after Belichick leaves.

If Bill decides to hang it up sooner than later, I would want Bill Cowher. If we are talking nearly a decade away, who knows? We have no idea who are going to be the great head coaches ten years from now. Most likely many of them are guys most of us never have heard about working as position assistants for teams. Way to soon to speculate who replaces anyone 7-10 years down the road.

Schwartz, Detroit HC, in 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye