PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you take...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkypony

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Ok, lets look at this as a hypothetical situation. If you were in the Patriots War Room on Saturday, and BB/SP wanted your personal opinion ON A LINEBACKER (i.e. they knew they wanted a Linebacker at 21, they just weren't sure which or something...remember, this IS hypothetical), who would you suggest for this team?

Mathias Kiwanuka
Tamba Hali
Bobby Carpenter
Manny Lawson
Other (please indicate)

Last edited:
chunkyponyTE82 said:
Ok, lets look at this as a hypothetical situation. If you were in the Patriots War Room on Saturday, and BB/SP wanted your personal opinion ON A LINEBACKER (i.e. they knew they wanted a Linebacker at 21, they just weren't sure which or something...remember, this IS hypothetical), who would you suggest for this team?

Mathias Kiwanuka
Tamba Hali
Bobby Carpenter
Manny Lawson
Other (please indicate)

Can't say I'm in love with any of them, but I'd probably take Lawson first, followed closely by Carpenter.

I was on the Carpenter wagon for a while, but I think I've transfered over onto the Manny Lawson one. I think I would do the same thing, Richter.

One thing that strikes me about LAWson, would be his name. That would be the third guy in our recent history to have the word "LAW" in his name. Man, I feel like Jayson Stark on ESPN with his "Useless Info" column...

Has to be Chad Greenway if still available...
Anyone else is ok.
I'd rather see us trade down if we don't get the talent we were hoping for.

I'd go for Lawson and the bigger upside.
Don't forget Johnny Outlaw one of my favorite CB's from the early 70's teams. Cool name.

Greenway
Wimbly
Lawson

Lawson is an interesting pick.

Last edited:
Lawson, if not there, trade down or take a LT.

SamBamsFan said:
I'd go for Lawson and the bigger upside.
Don't forget Johnny Outlaw one of my favorite CB's from the early 70's teams. Cool name.

I wish I could remember him, but he is about (if we are talking 1970) 16 years before I was even thought about. ;)

For me it goes Lawson, Greenway... if not, trade down and take Hali or Kiwi.

I gotta stick with Carpenter.... He's been my boy for a month or more now:rocker:

Lawson...then Carpenter..

For me, Carpenter.... then Lawson, then Greenway.

I do think Bobby has Patriot all over him.

All three have great value but I like Lawson's tremendous upside.
If he fits the patriots mental profile and can understand our defferent schemes etc I want him if BBioli goes linebacker at #21.

Lawson or Greenway. Wouldn't mind trading down for Kiwi either.

Jeff Hostetler's son, Franky Hostetler

chunkyponyTE82 said:

Mathias Kiwanuka
Tamba Hali
Bobby Carpenter
Manny Lawson
Other (please indicate)

Lawson or Kiwi...or trade down...

Chad Greenway but he probably won't be there.

Wait a minute. Wait just a minute. I'm still trying to get my head around the preposterous and unbelievable notion that BB/SP would ask my opinion.

In way, that question puts us all in our place. What do we really know about ANY of these guys? Oh, we've read statistics, we've read some evaluations and we've seen a little film, but BB/SP have watched them all close up. They've talked to them. They've read about their childhoods and their adolescence. They've seen every foot of film on them that exist, and probably rerun some of it again and again. They've talked to people who've worked with them and played with them. They've studied them practically under a microscope.

Someone on these boards implied, the other day, that if we studied our potential spouses with such care--before taking the plunge--the divorce rate would be cut in half. I think there's something to that.

At any rate, what I'm saying is that these are the circumstances in which we must trust BB/SP. They have at least three advantages over the rest of us: 1) A mountain of information, compared to our molehill, 2) The brains and insight to judge, plan and comprehend the possibilities and 3) The courage to make their choices on National TV, in full view of their fans and critics.

All that said, I want Manny Lawson :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back