PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you rather have? Welker or Amendola?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welker tore a knee to shreds just making a move on that Houston turf a few years back...that happened at the end of the regular season and we faced the Ravens without him....who's to say it can't happen at the beginning of a season, like this one coming up?...it's not like there's not a precedent...then what do you think of the Amendola move, if HE plays the whole season?...

there's so many variables that go into all this speculation that you have to just sit back and let things play out to find out. This deal could swing either way in the coming years. I just look back at every one of these gut wrenching "why????why HIM???I LOVE HIM!!!" reactions to Patriots moves and the subsequent reality and it seems that Pats come out on top every single time...that is, if winning seasons and making the playoffs is the criteria.

How can you know this? There was a time when nobody would have thought Welker could grasp the offense as well as Welker did.

Welker came in and grasped the offense right off the bat. That was the big surprise in '07 and still was up to this point.

Example: for ****s and giggles, they'd sometimes release Welker out of the split end to confuse the defense, especially if it was in zone up front. So not only does he know all the routes and options out of the slot, he knows the split-end and flanker, so you could put him anywhere on the field.

Is Amendola going to have this capability? We'll wait and see, but I doubt it. This type of grasp of the offense is very unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back