PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Would You Like at WR next to Moss and Welker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get the hate for Galloway and binky-love for Edelman here. Edelman is a slot receiver, NOT a wideout, and he has looked good so far in the slot. Unless there's some kind of locker room or other non-physical issue, Galloway will be fine as the other wideout. He hasn't looked bad to me at all--just rusty like Brady. He and Brady will get in sync--it takes awhile.

Pierre Garcon

He would've been a much better choice in the 6th round last year than lil' Bo not a peep Ruud, that's for sure. I'll never, ever, understand WTF the FO was thinking that day.

He would've been a much better choice in the 6th round last year than lil' Bo not a peep Ruud, that's for sure. I'll never, ever, understand WTF the FO was thinking that day.

I have to agree with you on that one. I was shaking my head at the time. Never seemed like a good fit for us.

The best complimentary WR for Moss and Welker would have to be Ochocinco. He can go deep and underneath. He has great hands and feet, and can be elusive at speed(something none of our recievers can do). He should be finally coming out of contract, he has been a model citizen for a while now and BB loves the guy. I would have tried to trade for him with our draft picks we had, guess they still wanted too much. I think a #1 takes away from Moss, Edleman plays Welker's position and KR. Tate is the great unknown, when was the last time a hurt rookie actually came back and made the team anyways?? Does Richardson count?

Last edited:
Nah, Richardson doesn't count, for anything.

Can we fit OCinco into our salary cap, and would that even be the best use of our remaining space, in case a real pass-rusher (as opposed to Derrick Burgess) becomes available?

i'd take a Boldin then we have a deep threat, middle of field threat and short threat

Boldin would be a nice compliment with his power

Maroney. He is not a good back, but he's proven he can catch and run.

haha - every thread on this board this week has lent itself to the blasting of Maroney.

If any RB is to play wide out, it should be Faulk. When he starts back with Brady and then goes in motion out wide, and the defense sends a linebacker - that is a huge huge mismatch. If they try to cheat and keep an extra defensive back on the field as a contingency for Faulk doing this, then they can just run right up the gut and find one less LB to clog up the lane.

I agree.

If I have to pick a player from another team that would fit in with the patriots, I would choose Ochocinco.

will right now ben watson is on pace for 50 rec 700 yerd's and 8 TD ill take that as a #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes