PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you have wanted in the third round over the San Diego pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I can't find anybody who looks all that exciting, except perhaps yet-another-LB.

There was an attractive-seeming OL, but he was taken a couple of spots AFTER O'Connell, so if he really was the next Logan Mankins, in Beoli I trust to have taken him instead.

I really want a backup NT and a punter, but based on how the draft played out, I suspect 3rd round wouldn't have been good value for either.

Wilhite is the one choice who underwhelms me, but I haven't found a woulda coulda shoulda CB I'd enthusiastically put in his place.

Actually, my scenerio would have started with our 2nd round pick. I would have picked Gardner instead of Wheatley (who I'm warming up to !), and then in the third, I would have gone Connor LB (with the pick we sent to SD), Justin King CB, and then the QB O'Connell if they feel they would have HAD to have him.

Gardner
Conner
King
O'Connell

For some reason I think that would have been better than

Wheatley
Crable
O'Connell

But only time will tell. I am starting to warm up to this draft (big time !! In Bill we Trust), and can't wait to see these guys in training camp !!

accually BB himslef said they were taking Crable and already called and told him when SD came in withthe offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes