PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you compare Mayo to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His smoothness is like Carl Banks's. Perhaps I am saying that because of the BB connection and the high draft pick status.

Unfortunately, living in NYC, I only get to see my beloved Pats several times a year. I messed up DVR'ing the game last week against the Jets (very upset about that). Anyway, I got to see Mayo play a litle bit on the nationally broadcasted exhibition game, but haven't seen him yet in the regular season. Since most of you guys have seen him in the first two games, what would you say his playing style is like, does he remind you of any current player, former player, former PatrIot ? Any insight would be appreciated. I'm hoping he becomes a defensive force, maybe a Ray Lewis type (whom I hate, but is a great player), though I'd settle for a Tedy Bruschi type (my favorite player).

Why do we have to compare Mayo to anyone? One scouting service does comparisons of new draftees to previous players. You want to know who they compared Mayo to? Randall Godfrey, who made a name for himself on the Titans.

Personally, I think that Mayo is too young to be compared to anyone yet. And, I think that in the long run, we'll be making comparisons to him.

Don Blackmon

I think the comparisons to lewis are are good in the aspect that the guy brings energy to every down hes in there hes all over the field really fun to watch looks like hes been here forever. Im not gonna make a direct comparison to anyone hes just MAYO and im happy with that hopefully we will be comparing future players to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back