Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who would you be mad about BB passing on?

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by MrNathanDrake, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 4 / -3

#95 Jersey

Here's my list...

Michael Brockers - Might have to trade up a few spots to get him. Could be an impact player. High ceiling, and even if he doesn't reach his full potential, he will still be a good player. Ideal size at 34 DE, will develop into a great run stopper. Not a good pass rusher now, but gets his hands up and bats down passes. Time to trade up and take a big DLineman prospect as Pryor, Love, and Deaderick are all average at best.

Courtney Upshaw - Falling draft stock due to questions about his athletic ability. Jets apparently like him at #16. If they don't draft him, he could slip to us at #27. His game tape speaks for itself. The guy is a football player and has experience in a similar 34 scheme. Elephant OLB in our scheme, and can play with his hand in the dirt as a 43 DE. Wont be a superstar, but will be an upgrade over what we have now and a solid player for years to come.

Shea McClellin - Played OLB, ILB, DE in college. Would be a weak side 34 OLB in our scheme. Energetic, good balance, versatile, can get to the QB. If he's there at #31 and all the other top pass rushers are gone, I would like McClellin as our pick. Seems safer than Mercilus or Vinny Curry.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. Marqui

Marqui Rookie

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -1

Brockers, Still, Perry, Curry, and Worthy.
  3. SeymourTrophies

SeymourTrophies Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

4. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

First round: trade up for Poe, Cox or Brockers. (if any slip to around 20)

Kirkpatrick

Perry

Second round:

Konz

McClellin
  5. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +200 / 2 / -0

Brockers, and that's it. My like for any other prospect is rational enough that I can understand if Belichick had a bad interview with them or something and doesn't want them. My like for Brockers, however, is very much not rational :lol2:
  6. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

In order ....

Michael Brockers
    Kendall Reyes
    Devon Still

The New England Patriots desperately need to upgrade the defensive line, especially if the New England Patriots defense reverts back to the 3-4.
  7. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

Clay Mathews :p not.

Cox. Inside slithering Tyrannosaurus Rex Beast of a pass rusher who can also stop the run. 13 and worth it.

Brockers Who wouldn't like someone who is compared to a young Kris Jenkins? 27

McClellin Makes too much sense. Got Patriot written all over him. Will need a little time but so what. Worth the wait imo. 31-48

Mercilus. No love from the board here but I like what my eyes see. The guy forces turnovers like noone in this draft and he is just now developing his pass rush. Give him time to develop as a LB/DE and he'll be a steal. Umenyiora was drafted with pick 56 in round 2. Noone saw him coming and I think the same of this dude. 27

Upshaw. Can it get any worse for this guy. Probably has some of the best film of any player in the country. I think he might beat Spikes in a footrace but neither guy should have to run this far because they both know football. 27-31

Curry. This is my fall back guy. If all the above players are gone this is who I want to appease my front 7 delirium. 48

All I'm asking for is 1 BB. 2 would make my year.
  8. Avenger

Avenger Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

I'd be pissed if he passed on Kellen Moore
  9. rookBoston

rookBoston Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Cox, Brockers and Barron.

For the rest of my binkies... in hoodie we trust.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.