PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you be mad about BB passing on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Here's my list...

Michael Brockers - Might have to trade up a few spots to get him. Could be an impact player. High ceiling, and even if he doesn't reach his full potential, he will still be a good player. Ideal size at 34 DE, will develop into a great run stopper. Not a good pass rusher now, but gets his hands up and bats down passes. Time to trade up and take a big DLineman prospect as Pryor, Love, and Deaderick are all average at best.

Courtney Upshaw - Falling draft stock due to questions about his athletic ability. Jets apparently like him at #16. If they don't draft him, he could slip to us at #27. His game tape speaks for itself. The guy is a football player and has experience in a similar 34 scheme. Elephant OLB in our scheme, and can play with his hand in the dirt as a 43 DE. Wont be a superstar, but will be an upgrade over what we have now and a solid player for years to come.

Shea McClellin - Played OLB, ILB, DE in college. Would be a weak side 34 OLB in our scheme. Energetic, good balance, versatile, can get to the QB. If he's there at #31 and all the other top pass rushers are gone, I would like McClellin as our pick. Seems safer than Mercilus or Vinny Curry.

Last edited:
Brockers, Still, Perry, Curry, and Worthy.

First round: trade up for Poe, Cox or Brockers. (if any slip to around 20)

Kirkpatrick

Perry

Second round:

Konz

McClellin

Brockers, and that's it. My like for any other prospect is rational enough that I can understand if Belichick had a bad interview with them or something and doesn't want them. My like for Brockers, however, is very much not rational :lol2:

In order ....

Michael Brockers
Kendall Reyes
Devon Still

The New England Patriots desperately need to upgrade the defensive line, especially if the New England Patriots defense reverts back to the 3-4.

Clay Mathews :p not.

Cox. Inside slithering Tyrannosaurus Rex Beast of a pass rusher who can also stop the run. 13 and worth it.

Brockers Who wouldn't like someone who is compared to a young Kris Jenkins? 27

McClellin Makes too much sense. Got Patriot written all over him. Will need a little time but so what. Worth the wait imo. 31-48

Mercilus. No love from the board here but I like what my eyes see. The guy forces turnovers like noone in this draft and he is just now developing his pass rush. Give him time to develop as a LB/DE and he'll be a steal. Umenyiora was drafted with pick 56 in round 2. Noone saw him coming and I think the same of this dude. 27

Upshaw. Can it get any worse for this guy. Probably has some of the best film of any player in the country. I think he might beat Spikes in a footrace but neither guy should have to run this far because they both know football. 27-31

Curry. This is my fall back guy. If all the above players are gone this is who I want to appease my front 7 delirium. 48

All I'm asking for is 1 BB. 2 would make my year.

I'd be pissed if he passed on Kellen Moore

Cox, Brockers and Barron.

For the rest of my binkies... in hoodie we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down