PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would replace BB now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
We all know Bill Belichik will be the coach for the Pats , Im guessing the next 4 yrs at least, but what if he and Pioli bolt say the end of 2007. Mangini was going to be the man to replace him, but not now... Im going to say, If Charlie Weis wants to be the coach it will be him, but could Josh Mcdaniels be far behind

I wouldn't rule Mangini out. By that time, having fallen flat on his face in the Big Apple, he'll have spent a couple of seasons as a position coach for the (fill in the blank).

CRIPES, I almost needed to be difibrilated........ Haven't we been tortured enough this week?

By then we'll all be dead of the bird flu.:eek:

Sean Pa Patriot said:
We all know Bill Belichik will be the coach for the Pats , Im guessing the next 4 yrs at least, but what if he and Pioli bolt say the end of 2007. Mangini was going to be the man to replace him, but not now... Im going to say, If Charlie Weis wants to be the coach it will be him, but could Josh Mcdaniels be far behind

My top picks would be (1)Vrabel or (2)Rodney :D

Bill's Girl said:
CRIPES, I almost needed to be difibrilated........ Haven't we been tortured enough this week?
:ditto:

10 character min

PatsChick87 said:

I am voting for bird flu......

Uhhh

Bill's Girl said:

:yeahthat: :agree: :ditto:

Bill's Girl said:

Come on BG, you know you could step in and do the job.

After all, we are only talking about 4 years from now, so we all should be very worried.:eek: We all should be preparing ourselves to step in 4 years from now, just in case.

You would have time to prepare.:singing:

PATSNUTme said:
Come on BG, you know you could step in and do the job.

After all, we are only talking about 4 years from now, so we all should be very worried.:eek: We all should be preparing ourselves to step in 4 years from now, just in case.

You would have time to prepare.:singing:

HA! I don't think I could do it Nut, my smiling muscles actually work!

;) Pete Carroll returns from the college ranks saying "I'm tougher this time around" as he elbows Brady while playing one-on-one basketball outside Gillette.

I get the feeling that people ar not taking the premise of this thread seriously.:D

No one is replacing BB......

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...01/18/kraft_tries_to_look_on_the_bright_side/

From this article in today's Globe:

Per his policy, the Patriots chairman and CEO would not discuss specifics concerning Bill Belichick's contract situation, but for the first time he indicated that a contract extension or a new contract is in place.

Belichick, who signed a five-year deal when he joined the team in 2000, got a two-year extension (announced in July 2003) through the 2006 season.

Kraft said yesterday, however, that any representation of next season as the final year of Belichick's contract would be untrue.

Bill's Girl said:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/01/18/kraft_tries_to_look_on_the_bright_side/

Per his policy, the Patriots chairman and CEO would not discuss specifics concerning Bill Belichick's contract situation, but for the first time he indicated that a contract extension or a new contract is in place.

Belichick, who signed a five-year deal when he joined the team in 2000, got a two-year extension (announced in July 2003) through the 2006 season.

Kraft said yesterday, however, that any representation of next season as the final year of Belichick's contract would be untrue.

No big surprise but great news nonetheless.

Bill's Girl said:

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...01/18/kraft_tries_to_look_on_the_bright_side/

Kraft said yesterday, however, that any representation of next season as the final year of Belichick's contract would be untrue.[/QUOTE]

Three cheers!

PatsChick87 said:

You say this jokingly, but think about it . . .

(1) The Globe article on Vrabel pointed out that he does dead-on impersonations of Belichick.

(2) He has a relationship with Belichick unlike that of any other player.

(3) He's widely reputed to be one of the most intelligent Patriots, if not the most intelligent, and certainly one of the brighter bulbs in the entire NFL.

(4) He's said he wants to be a coach someday, and most analysts think he'd be able to handle it.

(5) Three of his rivals for the throne have already left for other pastures. . . .

Personally, I think this is all part of Vrabel's master plan to become HC when Belichick retires. ;)

Sean Pa Patriot said:

All together now and repeat after me, "Take a deep breath. Bill Belichick is the coach of the Patriots for the reasonably forseeable future. We lost a game we shouldn't have lost, it hurts bad, but it's no reason to push the panic button. Breathe. Breathe deeply. Calm down."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes