PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would bring back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about Canty....I might prefer Starks.

On the positive side, Sam "Bam" Cunningham....sit Moroney down and rotate Sam with Corey....they would cry mama and quit in the 3rd quarter.

If you so insist it's an Easty question.....

..........Jermaine Wiggins, of course. :D

Im soory I forgut typpos were a mortkal sinn.

From the dynasty, I would have to say Ty Law. Ty Law owns Peyton Manning, still does, see his performance 2 weeks ago.

All time, tough choice. Hannah was such a road grater. Irving Fryar in this offense would do so much damage on the field and would open up Caldwell, Gaffney and the TE's a lot more with the D focused on him. Willie Mac would be another great choice, but I would have to say Andre Tippett. A front 7 with Warren-Wilfork-Seymour with Colvin-Bruschi-Tippett-Vrabel would be virtually untouchable. I doubt Manning would have time to even drop back with how fast this defense could get to him.

Man, who the hell am I kidding, Marion Butts, all day, every day.

Well, seeings how rodney harrison is out, I'll take Laywer Milloy for the next game. The Pats need a big hitter. Or Ty Law

Andre Tippet or Ben Coats, Tippet for the denfensive help or the real Big Ben, just put the ball anywhere near him and watch him carry 4 defenders on his back for the 1st down

Against Manning, it would have to be Mike Haynes, best CB this franchise has ever seen. Ty Law can't hold his jock.

Hog Hannah - maybe the best run-blocker that ever was. Colts D would be hamburger..

...and Peyton would hastily sling 3-4 INT's

thanks-fun post

TBC is a nice pass rusher but they're going to run at him all day long. So I'll take an extra LB -- probably Tippett, but Nelson and Willie would do the trick. Although...hey, wait!

I just went back and read the rules again. I'll take a 2003 vintage Tedy Bruschi. I'll pair him inside with the 2007 version, I think they'd play off each other well. And we know he functions well in Tedy Bruchi's old role. That lets me move Vrabel back outside where he belongs. All set!

No Tony Eason nostalgia? Damien Woody? Say it ain't so! :cool:

I could probably enjoy seeing vintage Tippett and Lippette (sp?) back in practice to see if one would beat the competition (from current greats, plus Ted J, Willie Mac, etc.)

Why not throw Stanley Morgan, Irving Fryar, and Terry Glenn together? Let's add Deion Branch, for Schlitz and giggles.

And if all else fails, deliver unto my Patriots the one...

the only...

the one time savior to a despondent Patriots Nation...

Hart Lee Dykes!

Last edited:
No love for Bledsoe? I'd be nice to have him on the bench once again. Speaking of, Bledsoe's most likely not back in Dallas and Vinny, to say the least, is getting a bit long in the tooth, what do you think. Is one of the greatest back up QB's in Patriots history on his way back?

LT leon Gray - mean and nasty yes Light played better last week but move him to RT, rest of the o-line is ok so no need to replace them even if I want my Hannah

WR Stanley Morgan - nothing to be said

DB Mike Haynes - one of the all time greats - plus punt returns

LB's Andre Tippet and Steve Nelson - put him in Tully's place and rotate Vrabelm Tippet and Covin on the outside with Bruschi moving over inside and Steve Nelson playing Mike

edit Tim Fox at safety until Rodney returns

Last edited:
Ted Johnson. All of our current LB's are playing out of position due to his absence.

For this game I would bring back Bruce Armstrong to help keep Freeney in check. Light always seems to have trouble against Freeney.

Nobody mentioned the second Patriot all-time leading scorer and radio voice of the Patriots...Gino Cappelletti. He can kick and play WR. Gino in his prime = Money!

I'd like to have Ben Coates back. I was a huge Coates fan back in the day.

I think both of them would help the Pats beat the Colts this weekend.

Well, keeping with the original theme of this thread that it would have to be someone who faced Manning before, and this player is at his prime...
Rodney is healthy and playing
First person is Ty Law
Second is Lawyer Milloy
Third person is Ted Johnson.

We'd shut them out. Oh, and their wr's would look like someone who just jumped off of a building. No bones left, just sacks of skin filled with jello.

No going back though...:(

Vegas Ferguson - (I liked his name!)

Craig James - The last white halfback in the NFL! (or close to it)

Jon Smith - K

Michael Haynes and Ty Law, to cover Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne mano a mano. That way the front seven could tee off on Manning and knock PaidTons into next Thursday.

For this game?

Michael Haynes in his prime!

(How far back can we go?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes