Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who will win the NFC East?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by brdmaverick, Aug 30, 2006.

?

Who will win the NFC East?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2006.
  1. New York Giants

36.7%
  2. Washington Redskins

10.0%
  3. Dallas Cowboys

33.3%
  4. Philadelphia Eagles

20.0%
  1. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Very interesting division in which all four teams have a real shot at winning the division title.

WHo do you think will win it?
  2. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -0

The team that no one talks about, the Eagles.

It amazes me how "analysts" never actually analyze anything. Do you think that Philly may have had a rough stretch in 2005 because they lost several of their top players, inlcuding QB, RB and a few defensive players? Maybe, just maybe if the team's top playes are able to stay healthy and they don't have anyone destroy their team unity, they might play well again, huh?

Sure, the Eagles will face a tougher division than they did during their run, but none of the other three were really that good last year.

Sorry if this comes across as a little stong, but it just befuddles me how every year writers put together their predictions and every year they are basically a recreation of the prior year, even though it never works out that way!
  3. rabthepat

rabthepat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with you about Philly.
  4. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

The Giants.... Manning is getting better and i've actually seen him make good throws under pressure unlike his brother. Also, their D is just getting better and better.

I think Philly and Dallas will be wildcards tho.
  5. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What you said. Mc Nabb ain't bad, Westbrook is a decent back, the O Line looks pretty good, the receivers look OK and I like their D. I remain to be convinced about the Giants, especially Manning, Dallas are a work in progress and I don't need to mention the Redskins..... do I?
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  6. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

I'll be rooting for our old pal Drew Bledsoe to come out of this division
  7. Ichiro

Ichiro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow, I 'm amazed everyone agrees with me and think the Eagles will win this division.

I agree with all of the comments above. One more thing is that the Eagles secondary is very talented but more importantly they have been intact for a few years now. I don't know of many teams that have that many quality players in the defensive backfield that have been together for so long. Dawkins is getting older but is an outstanding leader. Michael Lewis, Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown all came in the 2002 draft.
    The Patriots secondary talk about communication getting better after last year. Imagine how good it must be between these four guys?
  8. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I know we all saw 1st hand what the Pats did to the Skins last week, but I still feel they have the best D of the 4. I also like the weapons they added on offense. The only concern for me would be Brunell, but they do have Jason Campbell waiting in the wings.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  9. F0nSY

F0nSY Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#22 Jersey

Giants will win the division