Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Most reports coming in favor a Steelers win. Even the Odds makers.

Now I see Hawks as being possibly underrated.

If you think Hawks will win it please add comment as to why.

Could Hawks be 2001 version of PATs in terms of being underrated?

Last edited:
Oakland 27-10

I want the Hawks to win because I hate the Steelers. If I had to give a football reason, I would say they are the most balanced team, and have the least pressure to live up to.

I think that Cowher and Bettis are to hungry to let this one slip away.

Pittsburgh 35
Seattle 24

Those darned Roman numerals.....

40 = XL aka Extra Large

damm! ...correction made....

Are the Pats playing the Eagles...

Going for seattle, I would rather watch Nascar 24/7 , or be in a turkish prison for a month than root for Pittsburgh

I would have rooted for any AFC team against the minor league NFC. I am glad that it is PITT rather the other non-pat alternatives. PITT is a team that has set the 2006 standard for the AFC, and a high standard it is.

I think the Steelers take this one handily. The AFC is just so much stronger than the NFC. After the Seahawks, there is virtually nobody so I think they're a little bit overrated.

I too believe PITT will win, probably handily. However, I disagree with your analysis. I agree that Seattle is much better than the rest of the NFC. For me, that means that they are an untested unknown. They could be overrated, or not. I don't see how we can tell.

huskeralk said:
I think the Steelers take this one handily. The AFC is just so much stronger than the NFC. After the Seahawks, there is virtually nobody so I think they're a little bit overrated.

Go Seahawks??

I hate to say it but Pitt wins this game handily. Seattle is in the weaker conference playing in the weakest division making all their records skewed.
They also have very little playoff experience compared to Pittsburgh, I believe. The biggest advantage that Seattle has is in coaching. Holmgren has the advantage over Cowher anyday.

As weak as the Steelers secondary is, or can be, I don't see those receivers for Seattle getting the job done. There isn't really a dominant one on that team. Seems like a bunch of 3rd and 4th receivers on any other team.

Anyway my 2 cents. We will see. That's why they play the game.

I rooted for Pittsburgh to beat the Donkeys, but now I have to root for Seattle. I would normally root for the AFC, but not this season.

Here is a good column from the man everyone loves to hate on the line problems for Seattle:

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2006/01/24/seattles_big_problem_comes_to_the_front/

Last edited:
i see seahawks. i was reading something the other day that said their coaching staff has something like 81 playoff wins or something crazy high.

If Pitt plays the game the way they played against Denver, then they win. But they just may be due for a less than stellar effort, you never know.

I do want the Seahawks to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye