PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will the Pats bring in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marion Butts

Last edited:
Isn't Barry Sanders still alive? :p

Morris out 2 to 3 weeks but Jordan must be about ready to return.
Maybe they figure Jordan will be ready to go next week.
I'm hoping they won't need to make a move.

if LaMont Jordan will return next week i think we will be fine

for now Faulk, Evans and Green Ellis will split the carries (imho)

let's hope Morris will then return in 2-3 weeks

Didn't Slater Play RB as one of his many many many Postion I wouldn't be surprised to see him in there too.

I think Bill uses aomeone we already have ... like Slater.

Ray Ventrone.

I'm not as worried about the untested rookie part, but given the absence of ANY game active full time RB depth I am worried about the not improbable event of BJGE geting injured during Sunday's game.

We have had games in the past where Faulk was basically the guy. I can't remember the outcomes.

How long ago was that, PWP? I can remember when Faulk was "the man" but we are talking back when he was a rookie. Since then, Faulk has had some significant injuries.

I guess if it is just one week before Jordan gets back that adding someone isn't a need. That being said, I'd still feel more comfortable if the Pats had people in to see how they'd do.

As for who I'd cut to make room, I'll be honest. I'd cut Deltha O'Neal. The guy has had one good play the entire year and that was in the first game against the Jests. Since then, his play has made Hank Poteat look like an All Pro. I'd rather have Wheatley or Richardson on the field

I would think that if the Pats did decide to bring somebody in, the priorities would be 'don't fumble the ball' and 'must be a good blocker'. As I recall Samkon Gado was cut from Green Bay due to fumbling problems, so that would eliminate him. If I had to pick one, I would say Mike Bell or LabRandon Toefield, but I have the feeling the Pats are not going to add anybody.

This does make me wonder what's going on with LaMont Jordan. He's been out for a while, when will he be ready to play again?

I would think that if the Pats did decide to bring somebody in, the priorities would be 'don't fumble the ball' and 'must be a good blocker'. As I recall Samkon Gado was cut from Green Bay due to fumbling problems, so that would eliminate him. If I had to pick one, I would say Mike Bell or LabRandon Toefield, but I have the feeling the Pats are not going to add anybody.

This does make me wonder what's going on with LaMont Jordan. He's been out for a while, when will he be ready to play again?

He was cut after 1 game in 2006 after coming off their practice squad in 2005 and being a really good player for them.

He then went to Houston. Played in 8 games in 2006 and another 3 in 2007. After being cut by Houston, he went to Miami.

He had a whopping 3 fumbles on 252 carries. Hardly a deal breaker consider Kevin Faulk.

The Pats may not add anyone. If they don't and Jordan comes back, great. But, hopefully, they will bring in some players for a looksee.

I remember Mike Bell being Denver's next no name running back what happened to him I thought he was pretty good

Quinton Smith.

Quicker smaller RB than Ellis. I liked the cut of his jib in training camp last year. Currently on Oakland's PS (according to WIKI).

Quinton Smith.

Quicker smaller RB than Ellis. I liked the cut of his jib in training camp last year. Currently on Oakland's PS (according to WIKI).

I think they'll use what they have. If they don't bring anyone in, it might be a fair speculation that either Morris or Jordan are a little better off than we think.

I think they'll use what they have. If they don't bring anyone in, it might be a fair speculation that either Morris or Jordan are a little better off than we think.

I actually like Quinton Smith (limited exposure obviously). I haven't the slightest idea how they see their roster needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back