PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will the inactives be???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
RB Green-Ellis, OL Ohrenberger,OL Simmons,TE Mathews, LB Mayo, DL Wilfork or Sands or Brace, DB Wheatley, S Lockett
I am assuming Welker will play, Mayo will not...the two lineman are pretty easy and unless maroney does not play, Green-Ellis will remain inactive. Mathews was needed last week with more of a running game; not this week. If Wilfork plays, then Sands will not, unless they think he will be a better fit. One will be inactive. Wheatley played as Wilhite was out and Lockett will be the one that sits...unless they think he will be better than Slater. If Welker is out..one of the above will be added to the 45.

I'm gonna say Matthews and Wilfork play. If Sands gets the nod over Brace... ugh.

Brace will be "active", then... not play. There's a guy people seemed excited about. He may yet pan out, but Wilfork - though not starting - did play early on in his rookie year before becoming the starter once the veterean NT left for more cash.

I suspect inactives will include : Wilfork, Mayo, Sands, BJGE, Lockett, Orhnberger... maybe two of Slater-Matthews-Welker-Simmons ? Who knows... the Pats' 45 is one of the great weekly mysteries of the world !

Last edited:
I'd love to see Simmons active tomorrow. We need some depth on the OL to try to take the fight to Ngata and Gregg and wear them down a little. Otherwise, we're not going to run the ball with any effectiveness.

I'm gonna say Matthews and Wilfork play. If Sands gets the nod over Brace... ugh.
Who will be inactive if Mathews plays?? I sense they are going to throw the ball more than run..so that is why I think they will keep him inactive. Brace was active and did not play...I see no problem with Sands over Brace..if he will add that much more. Brace is young and it's not a big deal that he's slow in getting it all. Pryor surprised many jumping over Brace.

I think I just saw a ticker on ESPN that Wilfork and Welker are inactives. Too bad that my girl changed the channel before I could rewind it.

Brace will be "active", then... not play. There's a guy people seemed excited about. He may yet pan out, but Wilfork - though not starting - did play early on in his rookie year before becoming the starter once the veterean NT left for more cash.

I suspect inactives will include : Wilfork, Mayo, Sands, BJGE, Lockett, Orhnberger... maybe two of Slater-Matthews-Welker-Simmons ? Who knows... the Pats' 45 is one of the great weekly mysteries of the world !
Just curious as why WIlfork and Sands will be inactive..two...that leaves only 5 active linemen...with Brace a DNP from last week. If Lockett is out Slater will be in..for sure. Hoping that Welker is playing...

I think I just saw a ticker on ESPN that Wilfork and Welker are inactives. Too bad that my girl changed the channel before I could rewind it.
Unless there is a special announcement, the inactives will not come out till 2 or so hours from now. Maybe it's more of a guess...I hope it's not true as that is a bad scenario.

Someone please confirm this so I can get depressed ASAP.

Someone please confirm this so I can get depressed ASAP.

Don't get depressed yet - all the ticker said was that those two were Questionable - the inactives have not been listed yet.

Just saw BOTH the ESPN and NFLN tickers...and BOTH just stated the obvious Questionable..Kaczur, Wilfork, Welker.... NOT OUT.

Just saw BOTH the ESPN and NFLN tickers...and BOTH just stated the obvious Questionable..Kaczur, Wilfork, Welker.... NOT OUT.

I wonder when they'll get to things like this:

CLE: Questionable: Mangini (decisions) :p

Let me asplain...

I think we'll see 3 TE's activated and I don't think that's bad for the game-day roster. Mattttthews (how many T's?) is a solid blocker and I'm sure he could catch a pass in a pinch. If we happen to find a weakness in their D for running, we're going to want a blocker of his calibre in there.

Baker can catch and we've seen Watson become a game-changer once this season already, and his blocking has come a long way.

I think the guy who doesn't play, assuming Welker does, is an RB.

Who will be inactive if Mathews plays?? I sense they are going to throw the ball more than run..so that is why I think they will keep him inactive. Brace was active and did not play...I see no problem with Sands over Brace..if he will add that much more. Brace is young and it's not a big deal that he's slow in getting it all. Pryor surprised many jumping over Brace.

Let me asplain...

I think we'll see 3 TE's activated and I don't think that's bad for the game-day roster. Mattttthews (how many T's?) is a solid blocker and I'm sure he could catch a pass in a pinch. If we happen to find a weakness in their D for running, we're going to want a blocker of his calibre in there.

Baker can catch and we've seen Watson become a game-changer once this season already, and his blocking has come a long way.

I think the guy who doesn't play, assuming Welker does, is an RB.
I had both Mathews AND Green-Ellis as inactive..that was with Welker playing...not sure who you would have inactive with Mathews playing. If it be Welker or Green-Ellis...2 OLs then..there would be 5 inactive on D..and I think that would be a bit thin.
I just do not see them having a game plan featuring the run as the Ravens D is incredibly strong against the run. I see this game as more winning in the air. If it was like last week where there was hope of a strong running game..and it was the best for teh Pats this year, Mathews would help and he was active. Just don't see it this week...but what do I know. It will be interesting to see who the Pats have active.

Slater, Wilhite, Ohrnberger, Law Firm, Mathews, Simmons,
Alexander(OR)Mayo, Sands

edit: forgot about Sands

Last edited:
My guess is:

Green-Ellis, Wilfork, Mayo, Simmons, Ohrenburger, Lockett, Wheatley, Sands.

I don't think Sands will be active for this game (Brace is ahead of him). Pryor starts in place of Wilfork.

Last edited:
My guess is:

Green-Ellis, Wilfork, Mayo, Simmons, Ohrenburger, Lockett, Wheatley, Sands.

I don't think Sands will be active for this game (Brace is ahead of him). Pryor starts in place of Wilfork.

This is a very important game. Could determine TOP seed in AFC.
If VW is even 80% I can't see them not activating him even if he doesn't
start.

I guess maybe Galloway is the player who let's me have my 3 TE's...

This is a very important game. Could determine TOP seed in AFC.
If VW is even 80% I can't see them not activating him even if he doesn't
start.

It's still not a division game.

Galloway=out
Welker =in
I know they do not play the same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots