PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will the inactives be this week????? game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know positively that Mankins was placed on the Exempt List?

I don't think we're allowed to have only 52 players.

First off, Mankins is a free agent so he doesn't count for anything until he's actually signed.

Secondly, Teams can have as few players on their roster as they want as long as they don't go below the Salary floor that is mandated in the CBA. They aren't required to have 53 men signed at all times.

I also have to wonder what is up with Welker limited NO injury but probable...huh???? Just seems odd....

You are reading too much into it. One of the things that is silly about the Injury report is that, technically, all QBs can be placed on it as Probable (limited) because they don't take all the snaps during practice.

What's odd is that they have the injury report at all.. But as people have pointed out, its done for the betting public.

All this means is that the Pats didn't have Welker take part in all the different reps. Which he wouldn't anyways since there are goal-line formations where he's not on the field.

Secondly, Teams can have as few players on their roster as they want as long as they don't go below the Salary floor that is mandated in the CBA. They aren't required to have 53 men signed at all times.

And thirdly, there is no salary floor this year.

pretty much what I said...

All this means is that the Pats didn't have Welker take part in all the different reps. Which he wouldn't anyways since there are goal-line formations where he's not on the field.
Huh???? I might be reading too much into that BUT...If you believe that..that is plainly silly Why aren't all the OTHER players who do NOT take place in ONE drill also listed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back