PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will start in the secondary, week one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I say Bodden, Wilhite, Meriweather, Sanders, with Butler the first one off the bench, and Springs seeing a surprising lack of action, despite past success v. T.O.

Other thoughts?

P.S. Just wanted to start a non-Seymour thread and get us re-focused on the on-field-for-the-Patriots stuff.

I'd agree with you, although Springs may get the start due to TO. All in all, though, I think that starter won't be a very meaningful, since we'll be in nickel most of the time anyways.

Merriweather ,Sanders and Springs as S .... We got TO and Evans. With the absence of lynch we will start them and bodden /Wilhite .

Front 6

Ty ,Vince and Green with Brace and Pyor in rotation
AD,Woods/Guyton with Mayo - Alexander and Rob in rotation.

In 3rd and short i will put alexander in for springs

Hard to say about Springs, seeing as how we've yet to really see anything from him so far. I don't know the extent of his injury either, but if I had to take a guess I'd probably go w/ OP's idea too.

This secondary may have more potential than in yrs past, etc--but it will take a little time obviously to develop and gel.

To be honest, with all this player dumping/trading going on, I'm a tad surprised Springs has lasted this long... Wilhite should start - but no use predicting around here anymore unless you want to be wrong.

bump - because they can't ALL be Seymour posts! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back