• Bill Belichick

Votes: 30 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbrady304

Rookie
Reaction score
Also who do you think means more to the franchise? Who is better NFL wide: Tom or Bill? Also what would you do if one retired and how much would it affect the team?

No more polls please. Especially ones in which you talk about retirement in the middle of a Dynasty.

Both mean alot to the franchise, and the talk about them leaving makes me feel angry , since the Celtics are going to suck for another 10 yrs.. But its too soon to talk about retirement..

Both mean alot to the franchise, and the talk about them leaving makes me feel angry , since the Celtics are going to suck for another 10 yrs.. But its too soon to talk about retirement..

yup
another ten yrs
damn this sux

I must say I think the results reflect abject homerism. Which is thoroughly understandable.

People. The 2 B's have been with you since 2000. The diff is that Brady's a player and Belli's a coach. Hell, Belli's been coaching for 20+ years. He's got 3 rings. How motivated do you think he is to go for 5? That's the benchmark. Is he down?

That's what he's gonna have to do to be recognized as the all time greatest. Is that his motivation? If it is, I wish him luck because he'll need it.

Also who do you think means more to the franchise? Who is better NFL wide: Tom or Bill? Also what would you do if one retired and how much would it affect the team?
please, why in the world are we even talking about this, this is really stupid enjoy the moment

Quite frankly, I hope Brady retires before Belichick, no matter how far down the road we're talking about... and hopefully, it'll be a long, long time away. I'm more confident in Belichick's ability to eke out another great season without Brady, than I am with Brady without Belichick.

Quite frankly, I hope Brady retires before Belichick, no matter how far down the road we're talking about... and hopefully, it'll be a long, long time away. I'm more confident in Belichick's ability to eke out another great season without Brady, than I am with Brady without Belichick.

I agree with this only to the extent that I think another coach would try to put
his stamp on Brady and could make a real mess of the offensive plan which in
turn would put Tom in a bind. I have all the confidence in the world in TB's skills
and abilities until he decides to shut it down.

Neither. They'll be forced to retire at the same time, but only when the sun extinguishes itself.

It will be Brady without a doubt.

Have a look at what's going on in Tennis (mind you, I'm not a tennis fan) but that guy Federer is breaking all records, and he's mid-career. 5 more years of stellar performance and he will so far exceed what any player has done before him, that his accomplishments will seem unreachable.

BB still has a good 10 years before his body starts getting in the way (i.e. starts tiring). He's also a student of history. He wants to go down as the greatest coach EVER. He's not there yet.

If Kraft keeps giving him all the $$$ he needs, and lets him runs things the right way, BB may be in Foxboro for his whole career.

I'm a little worried that Kraft is too thin-skinned for all the negative media bluster coming the Patriots way for Belichick's churlishness and free agent spending. Kraft might react to that. The only reaction he should give is the middle finger.

BB will retire and Brady will take over as head coach. Player coach a la Russell.

Last edited:
I presume you mean leave the patriots. Belichick could certainly coach elsewhere after the end of the decade.

I expect Belichick to coach for many more years. Hopefully, he will want stay with the patriots ro build the next dynasty and the next.

Pioli hasn't been mentioned. He also ctritical to our success.

Good god! I know it's the off season now but why do people have to think about crap like this.

Here we are posed to make a run at another SB THIS YEAR, and people are thinking about BB and Tom retiring.

Sorry, but I just have to do this:

thread.sucks.jpg

They are both immortals who will play and coach forever. End of discussion.

...He's got 3 rings. How motivated do you think he is to go for 5? ...

He's got 5 rings, going for #6. Nonetheless ring-counting is not what drives him from day-to-day, he's a coach, therefore he's coaching and will continue to coach until he can't coach no more.

Last edited:
I must say I think the results reflect abject homerism. Which is thoroughly understandable.

People. The 2 B's have been with you since 2000. The diff is that Brady's a player and Belli's a coach. Hell, Belli's been coaching for 20+ years. He's got 3 rings. How motivated do you think he is to go for 5? That's the benchmark. Is he down?

That's what he's gonna have to do to be recognized as the all time greatest. Is that his motivation? If it is, I wish him luck because he'll need it.

Wow, you're brilliant. You know, of course, that Bill Belichick already has 5 rings, right?

He'll retire with 6 at least. Probably 7.

Wow, you're brilliant. You know, of course, that Bill Belichick already has 5 rings, right?

He'll retire with 6 at least. Probably 7.
I was referring to rings as a HC. Noll's in the lead there with 4.

I was referring to rings as a HC. Noll's in the lead there with 4.

Wrong again, Halas has 6 championships and Lombardi has 5 as HC. (Or let me guess, are you going to argue that Lombardi just has two...)

If you discount BB's rings as a defensive coordinator you either are too young to remember the importance of defense on those teams, you just can't conceive of so many rings as a chargers fan, or you just plain have on blinders. BB himself values those rings equally.

Good trivia question here though (I don't know the answer): How many head coaches have won 5 or more championships in their careers? Halas, Lombardi, BB, ...?

Wrong again, Halas has 6 championships and Lombardi has 5 as HC. (Or let me guess, are you going to argue that Lombardi just has two...)

If you discount BB's rings as a defensive coordinator you either are too young to remember the importance of defense on those teams, you just can't conceive of so many rings as a chargers fan, or you just plain have on blinders. BB himself values those rings equally.

Good trivia question here though (I don't know the answer): How many head coaches have won 5 or more championships in their careers? Halas, Lombardi, BB, ...?
Fair enough. :cool: I wasn't thinking about olden' times. My bad. However, I think in the near to distant future people will be evaluating things based on what we now call the modern SB era. Lots of reasons for that. Nuff' said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes