PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be yuor surprise cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I might find surprising may not be viewed as surprising by others.

I think Caldwell is gone.
I think Wesley has beaten out Mitchell.
Not sure about Izzo. He's getting up there in years. He might be in jeopardy.
Vinnie will be cut.
Can we sneak Gut into the PS?
I don't see Rivers sticking for long on the team even if he makes the final squad. That fumble will cost him.
We have to hang on to Bam somehow some way. He can likely pass to the ps.
Tory is toast.

Chris Hanson

Rodney Harrison

I come back from 18 holes of golf and not only is my favorite player being dissed by my typing is being corrected. My wife is a school teacher so I'm used to being corrected.

But, dissing Rodney is way over the line. I hope that you washed out your mouth with soap and stood in the corner for an hour for that.:D

Honest to God Nut, I was just kidding!!!!:(

If I ruled the world, I'd keep Wesley, (or pick up a CB) switch Wilson back to cornerback and cut Vinnie.

Then before Samuel's exemption runs out on the tenth, pick the best time to cut Gutierrez (sp) so we can get him on the practice squad.

This gives us 5 experienced (college or pro) cornerbacks, 5 safeties including all the best Special teamers a young QB on the PS and Vinnie on speed dial.

And I don't see a deficit at any other positions. Mills could maybe make the practice squad, but i don't see him haveing a position right now with Rivers and Heath.

Mills would be a great addition late season if we have injuries.

RC, you should be hired as Assistant GM, because those are exactly the same moves I would make.

Because of Rodney's impending suspension, we now need 9 more DBs (in jersey # order):

Gay (welcome back, Blue)
Samuel (you better be in shape for the jest)
Andrews (ready to take reps at FS?)
Mitchell (the beneficiary of Rodney's suspension)
Wilson (unless he's IR'ed; he needs to return to CB before he suffers another season-ending injury)
Hobbs
Meriweather (our new starting FS?)
Sanders (time to step up, Mr. Sanders)
Wesley (keep your ST penalties to < 1/game, please) in a mild upset over T James

My surprise cut will be Britt. His reviews haven't been good lately, and the FO doesn't want to lose face by having to release its 5th-round draft pick before Opening Day. So Oldenburg stays.

Another surprise - to some - will be the release of both Vinnie T and Gutierrez.
Unless all the injured players are IR'ed/PUP'ed/waived, there is no room on the 53 for 3 QBs, never mind 4.

Another surprise will be the IR or injury settlement release of Hochstein. Lil' Mikey Elgin gets to stay, too.

If Moss stays on the 53, then we will need 5 more WRs:
Stallworth (returned to action vs. Carolina)
Welker
Gaffney (returned to practice, at least)
Caldwell (TB's security blanket - for now)
Washington (unless a trade is made)
Bam could take the 6th spot, if the injured players are kept on the 53.

No surprises at RB.

TE is too close to call; if Brady's healthy, then Mills might stay.

DL depends on $eemour's health; either way, LeKevin stays.

Because of Lua's injury, both Alexander and Izzo stay, much to my chagrin.
Mild surprise: Rogers over Chad Brown.

Rodney Harrison as a possibility has just entered this thread with tonight's admittance

The Kraft family..Especially Myra seems to not accept certain things that are of not a liking to the team ..Drug enhancers is one of them.

Rodney will probably spend most of tomorrow in Robert Krafts office with alot to explain :eek:

Rodney seems to be a new candidate in this thread. But will it be surprise now?

Rodney seems to be a new candidate in this thread. But will it be surprise now?

It would shock me. He's not going anywhere.

i do not think Rodney will be a candidate

Rodney got caught.

He's an old guy with a very serious knee injury doing whatever it took to stay in the game.

I'm sure this doesn't "shock" anyone on the Patriots, they're not naive.

He'd gladly trade a better rehab for the 4 games he loses, I'll bet.

Last edited:
He'd gladly trade a better rehab for the 4 games he loses, I'll bet.

Bet you're right. What were the chances he was going all 19 games this year, anyway?

Bet you're right. What were the chances he was going all 19 games this year, anyway?

I must admit, I thought the same thing. It's very convenient, from the Patriots perspective, like when Pedro used to go on the 15 day DL for the Sox around the All Star break. Let him rest for the marathon to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back