PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be today's inactives??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Obviously O'Connell will be the E-QB...Alexander, Watson, Aiken out for sure...2 linemen..Connolly and Britt?? Or will Britt go ahead this game?? LSmith DL will also be a scratch...who will be the last inactive?? I was thinking Crable again, but with Alexander out might they wish to have another LB active? I was also thinking maybe one of the RBs? Will be interesting.. Hopefully Gaffney will be OK for the game..

Good question. I'd love to see Crable again, but with the Jests supposedly fortified in the trenches BB may want another LB. Another RB would make sense too considering Josh may decide to fortify the run today.

The weather's supposed to clear up by afternoon-no idea if they covered the field. VERY humid today too.

We're guessing on the last inactive. For example, Gaffney may not be ready to go. My guess is Crable.

The alternatives are a RB, a DB and a LB. I want 5 running backs, although one can surely be made inactive to suit up another linebacker. All DB's play against Favre.

I think we better factor in that we'll be seeing some 4-3, and I don't know if we have an LB that is better at D-Line than playing 4 D-linemen for that.

Anyone know? Here is an area I must admit to having done no research yet.

I'm think Slater might be inactive. If his only use is special teams right now, in this game, I think we'd get better use out of Crable going in on blitzes or edge-rush assignments.

I think Favre may actually take a nap today if that happens.

We're guessing on the last inactive. For example, Gaffney may not be ready to go. My guess is Crable.

The alternatives are a RB, a DB and a LB. I want 5 running backs, although one can surely be made inactive to suit up another linebacker. All DB's play against Favre.
I agree...with Favre, a coach wants to have all DBs in there...esp with LSanders who may be dinged up a bit...I would guess Crable or a RB...no way Slater is inactive..he's needed for ST..

I agree Slater is a possibility, but I'll go with Wilhite. He doesn't even do much on ST, and he was on the participation report this week IIRC. I think they can afford to deactivate a 5th CB with Hobbs, O'Neal, Sanders and Wheatley active, and Meriweather as the emergency guy in case of injuries.

Slater is a backup safety, on all the special teams, and he returns kicks with Faulk. He'll be active.

Wondering if the Pats might have Gaffney deacticated due to injury...They had RecheC in for a tryout///just wondering if his knee might not be a problem..

They also cut WR CJ Jones, so I'm thinking Gaffney plays. Caldwell would be a good replacement if Gaffney can't go.

They also cut WR CJ Jones, so I'm thinking Gaffney plays. Caldwell would be a good replacement if Gaffney can't go.
I agree,,bit for this game but mayve for Mia...Gaffney is good but if there is a knee problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back