PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be this year's Alan Branch/Brady Quinn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 12th Man

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Random thought I had today. Which top ten prospect will most likely to fall in this year's draft? I'm going to guess Sedrick Ellis. Everyone thinks Cincy will grab him at #9, but I have a feeling they will surprise everyone and select another position or trade down. Just random stuff here, but I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.

I think one of the corners (McKelvin or Rodgers-Cromartie) is going to slip.

I could see Clady slipping, due to his low test score and the metoric rise of Albert. But tackles aren't going to fall into the 20s.

Quinn and Rodgers fell for different reasons than Branch. The two QBs fell because once they got past a few potential targets (Miami at 9 for Quinn for example), most if not all of the teams in the 10s already had QBs. That's why QBs are more likely to fall, because you can really only have 1. That's not the case, for the most part, of any other position in the league.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I have a hunch that says it's going to be Vernon Gholston. I'll probably be wrong and he'll go top 5, but I won't be surprised if he takes a freefall to the latter half of round 1, either. Rodgers-Cromartie is a strong candidate to slip too.

Last edited:
i dont know what to say....

ill go with lb and rivers

Random thought I had today. Which top ten prospect will most likely to fall in this year's draft? I'm going to guess Sedrick Ellis. Everyone thinks Cincy will grab him at #9, but I have a feeling they will surprise everyone and select another position or trade down. Just random stuff here, but I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.

I think Leodis McKelvin will fall into the mid 20s and a shocker as a CB like Cason is moved up

Branch had an injury problem right? It wasn't like it was a mystery why he slipped so much.......

Branch had an injury problem right? It wasn't like it was a mystery why he slipped so much.......

Actually, Alan Branch has never missed a game due to injury his entire tenure in Michigan. I don't recall any other injury at all and he participated in all the combine events, and had an impressive 33 or 34 reps on the bench press. He slipped to beginning of the second round to Arizona but was a potential top ten pick (as proved by many mocks leading up to the draft). Him slipping, as far as I know, had nothing to do with injury.

So far, Cromartie seems to be the favorite but I'm not sure he is considered top ten prospect. I guess I have seen mocks that have the Pats taking him as high as #7 but most of them were in the teens or lower. Anyway, Cromartie is a good choice, but I'm still sticking with Sedrick Ellis. Just have a weird feeling about this one. Can't wait to see what happens.

Actually, Alan Branch has never missed a game due to injury his entire tenure in Michigan. I don't recall any other injury at all and he participated in all the combine events, and had an impressive 33 or 34 reps on the bench press. He slipped to beginning of the second round to Arizona but was a potential top ten pick (as proved by many mocks leading up to the draft). Him slipping, as far as I know, had nothing to do with injury.

It was a question of motor. Couldn't get it going, so they said.

I think it already happened and the guy was Woodson QB Kentucky. He was rated in the top 10 all year then went to the senior bowl and dropped like a stone. DRC could drop too, but he wont get past JJ. Can you imagine a less likely duo than him on one side and Pacman on the other?? Besides him, I see Groves sliding out of the first round too.

I think it already happened and the guy was Woodson QB Kentucky. He was rated in the top 10 all year then went to the senior bowl and dropped like a stone. DRC could drop too, but he wont get past JJ. Can you imagine a less likely duo than him on one side and Pacman on the other?? Besides him, I see Groves sliding out of the first round too.

Brian Brohm. It seems that teams with a need at QB like other guys better. Baltimore will probably get Ryan. I've read that Atlanta prefers Flacco and Chicago prefers Henne. So he could fall until a team like Miami at 57 decides he's too good a value to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes